Is it true that Black people in the Caribbean are happy that their ancestors were enslaved and taken out of Africa...

Is it true that Black people in the Caribbean are happy that their ancestors were enslaved and taken out of Africa? Why is that?

probably because they live in literal paradise, unless the live in Cuba/Dominican Republic, or Haiti.

From your honest perspective. Would you rather live on a Tropical Island Paradise or some shithole in West Africa?

Also remember that the Africans KANGZ sold us to the wh*tes and they betrayed their own kind.

DR attracts the most tourists from any of the Caribbean islands. I don't know about Cuba, but I can say that Haiti is the biggest shithole in the western hemisphere.

>their own kind
They sold their own ruling class?

>DR attracts the most tourists from any of the Caribbean islands.

Umm... no sweetie. That's us. We're leading Tourism in the Caribbean.

You know what I mean. Don't get cheeky.

I mean race wise. Black people selling their own black people slaves to wh*tes.

Regardless of their social status or pecking order.

>Regardless of their social status or pecking order
Only racist losers see things that way. Economics are all that matter.

I'm not racist tho...

and Africa did not benefit at all from receiving guns and other material goods from the trade.

These people were dumb dictators that liked fancy shit and keeping your own slaves, would've actually been better for your Nation's Economy and today we see how the events played out and there are even still slaves today living in West African countries.

I know that almost every nation back in those days had slaves of any and every race. But I don't think they actually sold their own slaves to other nations. Correct me if I'm wrong. Not well versed in history.

>I don't think they actually sold their own slaves to other nations
Typically it was people of the same race, but they were criminals, indebted, or captives from a rival group. I think most of the African slaves were captives from battles with rival African nations and tribes.

African kings rarely sold their own kind, they would sell "foreign" tribes people captured in war. Only Using the American meme definition of white and black they were the same people. Heck Ethiopians even considered themselves non black until recently with their history of selling east Africans to the Arabs.

Okay, so you live in a country that's better off than basically all of Sub-Saharan Africa but still I don't get how you could be happy that your people were enslaved...
>Ethiopians even considered themselves non black until recently with their history of selling East Africans to Arabs
Is this trues or are you just making an assumption based on the fact that they wouldn't sell people of their own race?

It was true back in the 20s and so. Nowadays they see themselves as black.

Okay agreed. I also was taught in history classes that most of the African slaves were actually caught in the Congo jungles and the West African KANGZ barely used their own actual West Africans for slaves.

>Okay, so you live in a country that's better off than basically all of Sub-Saharan Africa but still I don't get how you could be happy that your people were enslaved...

I'm not happy, but rather complacent. I can't change history. I know that my ancestors were slaves taken from West Africa and I feel sorry for them, but they're long gone and dead. If you constantly live in the past, you'll never make it to the future. And almost every human race on earth have been used as slaves at some point in time in life.

Also since you're Mexican, do you feel hatred towards Spaniards for what they did to Native Americans in Mexico?

>Also since you're Mexican, do you feel hatred towards Spaniards for what they did to Native Americans in Mexico?
Yes

Well I'm sorry to hear that user, but the past is the past. You can't do anything to change that.

Why are Caribs and Latins less butthurt over race than North Americans? Lack of wh*tey?

he is a selfhating cuck, we saved his ancestors from being eaten by aztecs

North American niggers were treated far, far worse than anywhere in Latam.

I have no idea, but why wouldn't they? As far as I know most carribean countries have better standards of living than sub-saharan countries today. Therefore they would probably be worse off if their ancestors had stayed.

Even Brazil?

>smallpox and other diseases

They're happy when they kill or get high or both.

I made a thread the other asking about race perception from Africa's perspective, were you on that thread too? I forgot to ask you something

>and they betrayed their own kind.
Not really. It was basically like Romans taking Celtic slaves. They were just foreigners to them.

I bet Haitians would prefer to live on a huge landmass at this point, after they mismanaged the shit out of their tiny island and the erosion tries to slide them into the ocean via land slides.

>be majority iberian
>muh azdeg heritidge

I read somewhere that Mexico area was originally inhabited by ~7 very divergent groups that could be almost considered separate races onto themselves, different civilizations certainly. And most of them resented the hegemonic Aztec-headed triumvirate.

The latino myopia is very interesting. 100% identifying with amerindians (but still holding actual pureblood natives in low regard somehow), resenting the Iberians that spawned them. I guess this is the whole communist influence thing?

You don't know shit. Fuck off from my thread.

> Happy their ancestors were enslaved
No

> Happy they were taken out of Africa
Yes

That's not the same. The equivalent would be Romans taking Celtic slaves and then selling them off in Ethiopia or Persia.

Iberians don't mind mixing as much. Also in a lot of cases it seems slavery was abolished in South America w/o active struggle on the part of the slaves and violent suppression on the part of the slave owners. Business just fizzled out because of outside factors and all the latifundists went "well fuck, I don't need 300 people sitting around converting food into shit... Freedom time, GTFO." Also the actual full emancipation was a lot quicker, that's probably key.

People were treated very badly anywhere chattel slavery was implemented, its the nature of the thing. Like forcing a square peg into a round hole, a lot of brute forcing will be involved.

Romans didn't have racial awareness. Neither did West Africans. Mesoamericans were likewise more preoccupied with upheaving the local power structure than comparing skin tone as well.

What most people never consider is that all those people were wholly immersed in their local politics and that those politics weren't some fairy tale bullshit, it was cutthroat. A West African didn't care about some cunts from enemy tribes he sold just because they had similar pigmentation vis a vi Shlomo the happy slave merchant, his descendants still don't care. They won buying guns and selling ancestral enemies at little expense to themselves and inherited the territory they feuded over. Racial solidarity historically didn't occur.

Cry me a river, delusional twat. :^)

Slaves treated were treated waaaaay better in the Caribbean, than in America & South America. In America Slaves were Whipped, Lynched, Tarred & Feathered and in South America Brazil they would chop slaves hands off.

The French also treated their slaves bad in Haiti and then the Haitian Revolt happened. The British learned from that and treated the rest of the slaves in Caribbean nicely and even after Slavery ended, there was mental slavery where the freed slaves still wanted to stay with their masters.

Yeah, also are modern Spaniards upset for when the Berbers/Arab moors invaded the Iberian Peninsula during the Islamic Caliphate where the muslims killed and raped your ancestors?

Humans in general in all parts of history were just shitty people.

No

I agreed to this already that West African Kingdoms captured most slaves from rival tribes in the Congo's.They're still all black people regardless though.

This

Yeah Antigua and Barbuda is awesome to live and the niggers there are totally not super poor

>Swedes think this is a shithole

I'm sure it's nice if you're a tourist or have a vacation home there, but I can guarantee you those homes don't exactly belong to your average Antiguan

You're the first person posting under my flag that wasn't a rampant shitposter, good on you.

the citizens aren't well off by western standards.

but there HDI is .751, and there GDP per capita is 15k, so there significantly better off than India or Brazil

>implying everyone posting under your flag isn't an American tourist

Why don't you answer my question as well, other Bahamian poster?

Very well
I'm not happy it happened, I am happy I didn't wind up in Haiti though.
Slaves here locally weren't worked all that hard (When compared to say Haiti) and there was a lot less post emancipation conflict.
No Jim crow, no lynchings, no minstrel shows etc.
That's not to say there weren't any trouble but it wasn't any where near as bad as in America

Cuba is probably the least shitty Caribbean country once you get past the authoritarianism. It's not great or anything, but it's a paradise compared to dangerous shitholes like Jamaica.

>I am happy I didn't wind up in Haiti though.
This. Thank christ the people who enslaved my ancestors were Spanish instead of French.

t. Raúl Castro

oh noes Haiti ! Yeah I'm sure your ancestors really loved being enslaved for more decades than Haitians

When Russian serfs were freed by the tzar they felt betrayed, because they believed in the social structure and got used to the aristocracy taking care of some aspects of their lives.

If the slaves weren't crushed like in typical chattel slave industry they could easily develop dependency and attachment to some degree. Like living appliances in Flintstones' house. "RRRAAAGH, its a living."

You also conflate enslaved with being a slave. Since Brits banned the trade first plantation owners switched to attempting to stabilize their own slave populations, meaning people were born into it. Even before that enslaving happened in Africa, where they were then bought by outsiders "fair and square", so to say. And in more primitive cultures that's not considered particularly villainous. Enslaving is a nice lil' alternative to genocide upon conquest/raid and slavery is normalized in their own societies.

>Mexico
>Central America

PS I mean, fuck, there's more slaves in the world than ever before and almost all of them in Africa.

>Also remember that the Africans KANGZ sold us to the wh*tes and they betrayed their own kind.
They didn't betray "their own kind", they sold people from enemy tribes for the most part. Racial identity is a modern meme that didn't exist in Africa or even Europe to the same extent at the time. Also there were plenty of slaves just taken directly by Europeans.

>Okay agreed. I also was taught in history classes that most of the African slaves were actually caught in the Congo jungles and the West African KANGZ barely used their own actual West Africans for slaves.
Depends, Europeans bought slaves wherever they were cheapest, often from their own colonies, e.g. Portuguese from the Congo delta. That's why a lot of Brazilians are of Kongo or Mbundu descent, (plenty are also Yoruba, etc.) where as American blacks are almost all west african. It changed over time, slavery carried on for centuries and the markets shifted with prices, politics etc.

Kongo delta kingdoms were not in contact with West Africa, it was West African selling people from other West African kingdoms, and Congo Delta kingdoms selling their local enemies also. Usually war captives, victims of raids etc. There were also Horse-borne raiders from the Sahel which would do raids into Guinea for Slave and sell them in the desert or North in Arab/Berber lands.

>Is this trues
Kind of. Ethiopian slave-traders made a distinction between "red" and "black" slaves, Red being certain tribes with lighter skin and different features, usually speakers of Cushitic, while blacks were proper niggas, like bantus, dinkas etc. Apparently the terminology is still used by some in Ethiopia, though with a different meaning. Some Amharas try to differentiate themselves from others, especially Oromo by saying that they are red, not black, though the original classification had Oromos as red, and Christian Amharas outside of it as they didn't enslave each other.

>were plenty of slaves just taken directly by Europeans.
False.

Its not paradise if you actually live there you get bored of the beach really quick and they all want to move to the US.

wrong.gif

For UN purposes Mexico is classified as Central America
Did the African enslavers knew that Europeans saw them all as inferior?
How did Ethiopians came to see themselves as Black? If I went to Ethiopia and ask some of these Amharas what race they are? Would they tell me Red?

Nice comment btw. Thanks.

Every single country in the hispanosphere other than mexico teaches that mexico is Central American. France and Italy teach that as well. Only Mexicans think they're north American

can you trace your ancestry to a specific african country?

>Did the African enslavers knew that Europeans saw them all as inferior?

Can you stop thinking in the present and try grafting identity politics and offense culture onto mostly iron age-tier civs? West Africans still don't care about the fate of those they sold, dude. Why would they care then? Those were times when people raided and culled each other like it was a celebrated sport, because they operated in the kind of reality where that was bolsterin their survival.

Furthermore traditionally most cultures held outsiders in contempt. Either you're ritually unclean, a barbarian, an infidel, a heretic or a wildman. I would bet everything I own that not one of those slaver societies would be shocked that Europeans think more highly of themselves than of others on any grounds. The opposite would be more likely.

Haiti was pretty much the worst

a sugar plantation was pretty much the worst place you could end up as a slave, whether it was in Brazil or in the Caribbean.

American cotton plantations were awful, but a slave wasn't likely to die from disease or exposure like a sugar plantation slave was.

You miss the point there buddy. I am simply stating that ultimately, on a utilitarian basis, revolting might well have a bigger yield than submiting yourself to the powers that be, even this leads to a Haitian standard of life. Sure you can be terrified by the prospects of liberty, or even miss your owner, but in these two cases there are still great benefits in freeing oneself, those two are very lesser evils.