BUT NOTHING CAN BREACH IT

BUT NOTHING CAN BREACH IT

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IX-ybJUz-rk
youtube.com/watch?v=Ha-FS_CHmGw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>mfw but nothing can breach it

Gronk will breach it.

Why didn't they just pour oil on the door and light it on fire? It was a wood door. They could have just retreated until it burned through.

Since nobody in medieval times did that, I'll go ahead and assume it's not practical

Shit was made out of steel, iron and stone.

Only the interior reinforcements were wood.

GROND
GROND
GROND

>tfw friend moved today and our whole group of friends came together to help him move
>tfw hadn't seen lotr since it first came out
>tfw just finished a three day marathon of the original 3 three extended version

Only your friends matter

dubs will breach it!

Only quads can breach it.

How do orcs know what menus are?

>Great engines crawled across the field; and in the midst was a huge ram, great as a forest-tree a hundred feet in length, swinging on mighty chains. Long had it been forging in the dark smithies of Mordor, and its hideous head, founded of black steel, was shaped in the likeness of a ravening wolf; on it spells of ruin lay. Grond they named it, in memory of the Hammer of the Underworld of old. Great beasts drew it, orcs surrounded it, and behind walked mountain-trolls to wield it.

youtube.com/watch?v=IX-ybJUz-rk

Cartoon kino

middle earth is full of pubs and taverns

even so they wouldn't have menus

taverns used to just cook one meal and sell it by the plate/bowl

It would take hours upon hours and wouldn't burn in the first place. This isn't a shitty modern door with a veneer of wood over some processed pulp. It's multiple solid lairs of oak fastened with iron.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ha-FS_CHmGw

oh my god control your fucking autism please you fucking fag

Only Orthanc does, since Saruman had brought great prosperity t his people through the industrial revolution.

how do you know the details of the service industry in a fantasy realm? Lots of differences exist between our world and theirs. Since the orc is talking about menus, it's ample proof that the restaurants in middle earth have menus..

In the books, the gates of minas tirith are made of the same material as the Orthanc; magically forged and carved indestructible stone.
Grond was infused with powerful magic of its own.
Without Grond, minas tirith's gates probable could not have been breached.

Why didn't they just have a catapult swing at the walls around the gate and enter through the hole?

It would have to be an absurdly huge catapult to breach walls that thick. You'd probably need a cannon, really.

Didn't Sauron invent tanks at one point in the silmarillion

Not that I remember but it's been ages since I read it. If so, and they aren't still around, it may not be possible to create them again. It's a recurring theme in this setting with creator's pouring too much into creations that can never be replicated.

my question is if they had Grond why were they dicking around with the other battering ram in the first place

Because the orcs screamed so enthusiastically Grond: Assuming the defenders had *somehow* managed to destroy grond, would that have destroyed the moral?

It was an unnecessary scene which was why it's not in the theatrical cut. A very forced way of building tension by introducing a problem for the enemy and resolving it with a one-up in a single minute.

Probably. Would also have delayed the fall of Minas Tirith considerably since they'd have to settle in for an actual siege.

why didn't they just use wereworms to breach it from the ground?

grond is larger and harder to get to the gate

>tfw they do CGI orcs instead of guys in amazing costumes

The Hobbit was such a fucking mess.

so is this guy like a cyborg or what? how can metal plates infused in your skin be better than armor?

>The drums rolled louder. Fires leaped up. Great engines crawled across the field; and in the midst was a huge ram, great as a forest-tree a hundred feet in length, swinging on mighty chains. Long had it been forging in the dark smithies of Mordor, and its hideous head, founded of black steel, was shaped in the likeness of a ravening wolf; on it spells of ruin lay. Grond they named it, in memory of the Hammer of the Underworld of old. Great beasts drew it, orcs surrounded it, and behind walked mountain-trolls to wield it.

>But about the Gate resistance still was stout, and there the knights of Dol Amroth and the hardiest of the garrison stood at bay. Shot and dart fell thick; siege-towers crashed or blazed suddenly like torches. All before the walls on wither side of the Gate the ground was choked with wreck and with bodies of the slain; yet still driven as by a madness more and more came up.

>Grond crawled on. Upon its housing no fire would catch; and though now and again some great beast that hauled it would go mad and spread stamping ruin among the orcs innumerable that guarded it, their bodies were cast aside from its path and others took their place.

>Grond crawled on. The drums rolled wildly. Over the hills of slain a hideous shape appeared: a horseman, tall, hooded, cloaked in black. Slowly, trampling the fallen, he rode forth, heeding no longer any dart. And as he did so a great fear fell on all, defender and foe alike; and the hands of men drooped to their sides, and no bow sang. For a moment all was still.

Because Sauron wasn't a true Dark Lord unlike Azog, who managed to retcon his own death by entering an alternative version of Middle earth and creating Trolls that could resist daylight before Sauron did with his Olog-hai.

>The drums rolled and rattled. With a vast rush Grond was hurled forward by huge hands. It reached the Gate. It swung. A deep boom rumbled through the city like thunder running in the clouds. But the doors of iron and posts of steel withstood the stroke.

>Then the Black Captain rose in his stirrups and cried aloud in a dreadful voice, speaking in some forgotten tongue words of power and terror to rend both heart and stone.

>Thrice he cried. Thrice the great ram boomed. And suddenly upon the last stroke the Gate of Gondor broke. As if stricken by some blasting spell it burst asunder: there was a flash of searing lightning, and the doors tumbled in riven fragments to the ground.

>tfw Tolkien is dead

>In rode the Lord of the Nazgul. A great black shape against the fires beyond he loomed up, grown to a vast menace of despair. In rode the Lord of the Nazgul, under the archway that no enemy ever yet had passed, and all fled before his face.

>All save one. There waiting, silent and still in the space before the Gate, sat Gandalf upon Shadowfax: Shadowfax who alone among the free horses of the earth endured the terror, unmoving, steadfast as a graven image in Rath Dinen.

>"You cannot enter here," said Gandalf, and the huge shadow halted. "Go back to the abyss prepared for you! Go back! Fall into the nothingness that awaits you and your Master. Go!"

>The Black Rider flung back his hood, and behold! he had a kingly crown; and yet upon no head visible was it set. The red fires shone between it and the mantled shoulders vast and dark. From a mouth unseen there came a deadly laughter.

>"Old fool!" he said. "Old fool! This is my hour. Do you not know Death when you see it? Die now and curse in vain!" And with that he lifted high his sword and flames ran down the blade.

>Gandalf did not move. And in that very moment, away behind in some courtyard of the City, a cock crowed. Shrill and clear he crowed, recking nothing of wizardry and war, welcoming only the morning that in the sky far above the shadows of death was coming with the dawn.

>And as if in answer there came from far away another note. Horns, horns, horns. In dark Mindolluin's sides they dimly echoed. Great horns of the North wildly blowing. Rohan had come at last.

Because the fools had forgotten the GREAT EARTH-EATERS!

>tfw on the edge of my fucking seat even though I've read it before and know exactly what happens

Can you meme, master user?

>I would have followed you my brother, my captain, my king
Makes me think of what's happening to the White Race and I can't help but shed a tear ;_;7

Well... yes. At least, well enough for my own people. But we have no memes for great halls and... evil times

Lol nerd,

Why didn't they just make a massive bomb and blow the city up?

Why didn't they just take out the signal fire operators?

Why didn't your mom just abort you?

Because she knew I wouldn't be obsessed with a children's fairytale

The one scene I wish was in the film.

We'll try spinning that's a good trick

I wish Denethor wasn't a retard and Gondor wasn't weak.

>build technological marvel fantasy city
>can't dig a ditch to stop battering rams

honestly if these retards can't figure out how to build a portcullis they deserve to get replaced by orcs

Ah yes, the only weakness of Saurons army. Inability to put dirt back into the ditch and make a bridge for the ram

The decline of Gondor is a plot point yes, good job.

BUT THE DELEGATES
NOTHING CAN BREACH THEM

TRUMP WILL BREACH THEM

TRUMP
TRUMP
TRUMP

Hej kid. Let me worry about the delegates.

I like how he seems concerned in the catalog thumbnail but angry when you expand the thread.

Literally diamonds.

BRING UP THE RAT'S HEAD

I really need to find the three books in english sometimes.