Nu-Canon thread

>in legends grievous' chest got hurt so badly he developed a bad cough
>in nu-canon grievous always had this problem due to his cybernetics

Other urls found in this thread:

themarysue.com/omg-star-wars-lightsabers/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

grievous was a shit character from a shit movie, let it go m8...

Fuck Disney and fuck nu-canon.
OT+PT+Genndy's cartoon is the only canon star wars for me.

>Disney buys Star Wars
>Destroys any lore they don't like ad whores out the brand for merchandise worse than Lucas did
>All these shitty shows for kids

It hurts.

Unless your name is George Lucas, you have literally no right to make such a statement.

Disney was a fucking mistake.

fpbp

There's a piece of George "Kino" Lucas' spirit in all of us true star wars fans.

>you have literally no right to make such a statement.
Fuck yourself faggot

you're allowed to ignore shitty movies if you want to, canon is just a meme anyway

best Grievous canon
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Grieve-tan

Just like how age is just a number

no, not at all. stop being a manchild

Get your shit straight

>Genndy had Mace crush Grievous to give him cough
>Grievous has cough in Ep 3
>George later goes back to do his CGI Clone Wars cartoon and makes it so Grievous always had his cough

Dumb fuck

Ackbar didn't design the B-wing and the rebels had them since before IV in the nu canon.

bump

Mortis. Enough said.

>in legends, blue/green lightsaber crystals are harvested from the crystal caves on a planet called Ilum. Sith don't have access to these crystals so they created synthetic ones that are coloured red. Windu got his from a special group of rock creatures.
>in nu-canon, all crystals are clear, and gain their colour when touched by a force-user. the aura of a force-user determines the colour of their crystal. Windu's is purple because he wrestles with the dark side.

>pic related

Why don't you try contributing something faggot?

>>in nu-canon, all crystals are clear, and gain their colour when touched by a force-user. the aura of a force-user determines the colour of their crystal. Windu's is purple because he wrestles with the dark side.

did they really change it to this? that's p stupid

iirc it's not their 'aura', it's that sith have to dominate their crystals, which makes them 'bleed'.

Some lame shit.

Yarp.

Oh, is it? Meh, same difference.
The point is that the crystals gain their colour depending on the person now.

What's-her-name in Rogue One has one hanging around her neck, but as she has no Force potential, it remains transparent.

>The point is that the crystals gain their colour depending on the person now.
It's worth mentioning that Jedi in the old canon were generally drawn towards the crystals of their calling.
Jedi who were exceptionally wise and tapped into the Force on a more spiritual level had green lightsabers (e.g. Luke, Qui-Gon, Yoda).
Jedi who were exceptionally powerful and tapped into the Force on a more primal level had blue lightsabers (e.g. Obi-Wan, Anakin, Mace to a lesser extent.)

I've never really been into the EU but I believe in there it's also said that in especially rare cases when a Jedi is perfectly balanced between wisdom and power, that's where the yellow blades come from.

So while it's a bit stupid that the crystals get their colour after being touched, the whole concept of the colour itself being significant isn't new.

The bit that I'm more worried about is that Disney is opening up the possibility of the lightsaber crystals actually CHANGING (especially mid-fight...). That Kylo thing has me scared. It sounds like something Disney is just retarded enough to actually do.

I always found it retarded that lightsabers have a fucking power on/off button

Like why not make it power with the force or something. Otherwise anyone skilled with swords can wield it like a motherfucker, making Jedi not the special snowflakes they are meant to be

Lucas is the one who wanted Grievous to be a wimp. It's not nu-canon.

>Otherwise anyone skilled with swords can wield it like a motherfucker,
Only in a the faggot nu canon

Grievous was a terrible character anyways. Good in the 2D cartoon but awful in Episode 3.

>nu canon

pic related, do you have a terrible memory or something?

Anyone could turn a lightsabger on in legends though. The reason why they didn't use them was because it was incredibly dangerous to use a sword with a weightless blade unless you knew the force, which just seems like a dumb cop out. There wasn't a syringe on lightsabers that checked the user's midichlorian count before they activated or anything.

I don't know fag. Do you really consider slicing open a tauntaun wielding it like a motherfucker?

>Anyone could turn a lightsabger on in legends though
I never disputed this.
>which just seems like a dumb cop out.
Are you retarded?
>There wasn't a syringe on lightsabers that checked the user's midichlorian count before they activated or anything.
Please stop posting user.

No but it's clear that Han is able to wield it without any trouble, if he DID have any skill with a sword then there was nothing stopping him (or anyone else) from using it as a proper weapon. Normies were always able to use lightsabers, it has nothing to do with nu-canon. The fact that normies DON'T use lightsabers is just an intentional oversight because lightsabers are seen as a "Jedi weapon" and Lucas is a hack.

>if he DID have any skill with a sword then there was nothing stopping him
Except they're weightless. That would make a huge difference

>No but it's clear that Han is able to wield it without any trouble,
listen to the noises he's making

Not being able to use it as well as a Jedi =/= you're not allowed to use it at all. It would still be incredibly useful to have a weapon that can easily slice through anything, even if it was dangerous. Weapons in general are dangerous, there would be plenty of people willing to take the risk for the increase in power.

The only valid potential reason why there aren't normies using lightsabers in the OT is that the jedi are incredibly rare and therefore by extension their weapon would be rare, as well as the means of manufacturing said weapon. There weren't thousands of them running around like the PT would have you believe.

By "trouble" I mean somehow being prevented from using it because he's not a Jedi. He can turn it on and slice a Tauntaun open. If he had enough training with it he could use it in a fight. He probably couldn't deflect lasers with it but it would still be a useful melee weapon.

>>in legends grievous' chest got hurt so badly he developed a bad cough
>>in nu-canon grievous always had this problem due to his cybernetics
Well, god damn it. That's something important to think about.

don't forget

Gee Chewbacca, how come mom lets you have TWO lightsabers?

NO SKINS

ya'll are dumb. you need the force to build a lightsaber in the first place so there arent a lot of them to begin with. then you have to spend like 10,000 hours at the batting cage to learn how to play lazer tennis with them and such. not to mention things like using force speed to close distances or jumping super high. the situation of random people just getting a hold of one and going ham is just stupid regardless of how its activated

>constant fighting: the cartoon

who gives a shit. it's such an overrated pile

>themarysue.com/omg-star-wars-lightsabers/

BETTER THAN THE EU THEY SAID, AAHAHAHAHAHA

don't worry the force awakens originally had luke's hand floating in space in the first script.... everything will be fine

>Enter R2-D2, who some freakin’ how has a stash of lightsabers stored away for just such an occasion

not defending the comic but it's sad that they didn't even read the chapters that the article bases itself on. just another day making click-bait I guess

The old movies never had Luke running at insanely fast speed to close any sort of distance. And the biggest jump was that really awkward one in the final duel between him and Vader.

It wasn't until the EU cancer itself that Jedi became one man armies, which along with an addiction to computers is probably what influenced George himself to have them be so crazy in the prequels.

Even Vader seemed like if enough people jumped him he'd go down pretty quick.

>And the biggest jump was that really awkward
obi wan flies the fuck out of his jedi starship and into a bunch of droids when he rescues sheev. also force pulling lightsabers happens a bunch in the original trilogy. including the vader and luke duel. but it doesnt change the fact that there's a limited supply and not many people are even going to see one in person much less use it effectively. as for han using it, well he's lukes friend ffs of course he's going to let him dick around with it a bit. also this is the equivalent of giving some random a rocket launcher and they happen to effectively blast a door open with it. they probably couldnt take out any actual armored vehicle with it

If stormtroopers have trouble shooting things, than they'd be dead having lightsabers

A+ writing these comics have

or perhaps close-combat is their true calling

>melee weapon
That's precisely why no one uses lightsabers except Jedi. Ever wonder why wars aren't fought with broadswords anymore? No? Perhaps it's because we have fucking guns. And, as you may have noticed, everyone in Star Wars has blasters. If some asshole untrained in the Force tried to run into battle with a lightsaber he'd get fucking gunned down in like two seconds. Shit, the Jedi would probably be way more efficient at their jobs if they used blasters too, but they have lightsabers because laser sword fights are cool as shit.

Fuck lightsabers being magic special snowflake weapons, they were always nothing more than simple sci-fi swords used by a weird cult of space wizards because they aren't as efficient for an everyman as projectile weapons and they should stay that way.

>durrr

In the new cannon, Jedi infuse part of themselves into the Kyber crystals that power their lightsaber. Meaning, no one is as strong or adept with the weapon as they are themselves.

Also, without the force you'd be shit at lightsaber fighting anyway, since you would not be able to predict an attack.

>clone wars
>shitty
no

Legends was never true canon, it was the 'Expanded Universe'. It was never G-Level canon.

Get over it.

Lightsabers don't require The Force to use or something, I don't really see the problem.

all the cartoons are shit

the only reason people get a free pass when talking about them being good is because no one with taste has watched them

very uncivilised opinions you have there friend

>Genndy's cartoon isn't canon anymore
What a load of shit

I fucking hate this. I'm 18 y/o, my oldest brother is 33, so when he was a child there was only the OT, and then got to see the PT in his late teenage years, and now that Disney is milking the franchise using the nostalgia factor I note how he falls for Disney's trap and gets excited with every new toy-intended thing is shown in the new movies

>Disney was a fucking mistake.

$$$

>canon

It was all Lucasfilm. They were planning on making new movies before the buyout happened and it was just easier to dump old EU then to sift through specific works

>Rogue One is canon
>Ewok Caravan of Courage isnt
Tasteless chimp

Now that I look at this, why did they have to put that completely unnecessary subtitle "A Star Wars Story"? Why didn't just Rogue One suffice? Was it to indicate to retards that the movie is about Star Wars and that they should go and see it?

>They were planning on making new movies
but wasn't it gonna be a different story made by Lucas? he said Disney had decided not to use his original sequel ideas and write a completely different story

>Was it to indicate to retards that the movie is about Star Wars and that they should go and see it?
Obviously. That's why episode 7 was just advertised as "Star Wars: The Force Awakens", to keep normies from scratching their heads wondering what "VII" meant.

literally this.
The only "people" on Sup Forums who like TCW and Rebels are disgustingly autistic virgins who like it for their orange waifu

REMINDER OF OFFICIAL NU CANON

LEGENDS FAGS BTFO

Never question the Disney execs, for they are wise and all knowing.

It's missing Rogue One n shiet

Or its because you can't deflect blaster shots without the help of the force, you clearly didn't think this through.

Also VIBROBLADES

If you think any of those books or cartoons have any bearing on the movies, you have asperger's. This list is like a lithmus test for autism

It was the same way with the EU retard. Both Disney and Lucas are smart enough to keep EU shit away from the movies.

>puts rogue one and TFA on the list

But you won't put on the games rogue one takes after or the comic TFA does

if that's the case, how are they going to explain Anakin fighting Obi-Wan with a blue lightsaber in ROTS?

it'll never happen

They've explained the crystal doesn't change color more than once.

ok then, but shouldn't Anakin's lightsaber have turned red? it had only been blue it's entire life, so it still has it's one color change right?

That's fucking stupid

They're colorless in nature. After you find your specific crystal it changes color and stays that color.

I was questioning the picture which speculated that future movies will show Kylo's lightsaber changing from Red to Green mid-fight

Fuck you.

Lightsabers should definitely change based on auras. The crystal shit was retarded.

>they're making much movies about space wizards and teddy bears for KIDS!

Bloodlines has big info on Kylo Ren, the New Republic, The Senate how The First Order is funded, ect...

A lot of the issues will likely be addressed in Episode 8.

Aftermath books tell a lot about the Empire's downfall and hint at the first order.

>tfw stewjon is still g-level canon tho

Where does luke get his green saber after losing his blue one?

There isn't really any official storyline for Luke between Empire and Jedi.

Hey Disney $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You don't need to know anything about it though because Vader says to Luke "I see you have constructed your new lightsaber." Question answered, Luke made it.

Eh, you can justify anything if you try hard enough.
>Padme's death solidified his evil
>He believed he was doing the right thing while fighting Obi-Wan (from my point of view the Jedi are evil, I have brought peace and security, etc.)
>He wasn't ever truly evil because he wound up being redeemed
Those are just off the top of my head. I mean it's not hard to come up with a bullshit answer to facilitate whatever direction you want the story to take.

is... is this going to happen?

Nope.

I like it for the clones though, you huge fucking faggot.

>Real Star Wars
>Old EU, saga movies, TCW series

>Fake Star Wars
>TFA, Rogue One, Rebels, Disney's EU

There's only one show Disney made though...

If you really want to get specific, Disney hasn't made anything. Lucasfilm makes the movies and the shows, Disney just funds it and says when to do it.

>prequel shit
>canon

Nice try George

unless you're Dave Flioni's waifu Ahsoka, in which case you can change crystal colors at will

Legends
>Bane was an extremely powerful Sith who became disillusioned with the order. Became the architect of it's destruction and rebuilt the order into the Rule of 2. His rule of 2 comes to fruition 2 decades later when his apprentice Zannah defeats him in battle and claims the mantle for herself.

Disney:
The Sith order was killed by the Jedi, but Bane survived Lel. He created the rule of 2,but the Jedi later found him and killed him later, Lel.

Most of the European was shit, but there's no way they could have improved on the Bane trilogy and shouldn't have tried.

>Disney
That was George m8. Darth Bane and the rule of two was his idea too.

I thought people didn't usually use lightsabers because wielding a sword that can cut through anything without being able to tap into the force was too fucking dangerous,

Wasn't that the canon explanation?