en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990_in_film
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>implying star wars isn't basically a super hero movie

Star Wars is without a doubt, not a superhero movie but I respect your quads

>all these movies making ludicrous amounts of money
>it all goes to people who we're already rich and the production of more movies
>instead helping the poor and people in need

kinda sad

It's not their fault the public chooses to put so much money into seeing movies rather than helping the poor

I thought Marvel had two movies out last year? Why is only 1 on the top 10 list?

Its kinda strange to think about how the highest grossing films of the year used to be original dramas or action flick.

Look at the highest grossing films of 1990 and see how it differentiates from 2016
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990_in_film

I saw 6 out of these 10 in theaters. Should I kill myself?

Not really, all those movies are directed toward children and kids love going to movies and buying merchandise. Mostly parents just getting some free time and get them out of the house. Think of the children mainly

>3 original ideas
>all involve talking animals

>he still doesn't understand movie theaters are for entertainment not enlightenment
cmon

the problem is that millenials love shit and the internet tells them to not feel ashamed of their shit taste, because some other people also enjoyed that crap.

Yes

I blame the modern cineplex

A small handful of chains control what is played in almost every theater where I live and they only play big budget trash like OP's picture. When people go see a movie it's the only selection they have. I had to drive 45 minutes to an independent kinoplex to see Neon Demon and I wouldn't even consider it to be that obscure of a movie

Modern film is a joke and you have to go out of your way to find the good stuff. But it's not even like we have juicy, but campy, action movies like we did in the 90s or 80s, just PG13 superheros and bunnies.

collective kys to film fans

>millenials
theres that word again

People only go to the theater for the spectacle nowadays. I've heard people tell me on more than one occasion that they don't want to see X movie because there's no reason to watch it on the big screen.

Movies like Neon Demon have always gotten limited releases. The difference now is movies are in theaters for such a short time. Films used to play in theaters for years, now they are gone in two weeks.

Sup Forums obsesses over capeshit and Star Wars though

Dr strange was 12th highest grossing

It lost to Sing? I thought Marvel was popular

And yet you sit here, do nothing and beg for upvotes.

Not really.

It doesn't matter if the talking bunny movie gets 2 weeks or 2 years, the selection between films being shown is pure shit

The films that get limited releases are often the films actually worth seeing but most people don't get a chance or simply don't want to travel so far out of their way to see it

>implying domestic matter

post worldwide like a real man.

>comparing totals like that when the average price of a movie ticket is nearly $8 more than it was 30 years ago.

Civil War
Finding Dory
Zootopia
Rogue One
Jungle Book
Secret Life of pets
Batman v Superman
Fantastic Beasts
Deadpool
Suicide Squad

The order is different and Sing is kicked off for Fantastic Beasts but nothing drastically changes to take away from what OP's saying

What does that matter when you're comparing films from the same year?

Curious now how things compare to past years when inflation is considered