South Florida Soundcloud Rap Is The New Punk Rock

youtube.com/watch?v=Lg0A6T-G7UE
discuss

Attached: maxresdefault (14).jpg (1280x720, 187K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0pWWs_ZBUzA
youtube.com/watch?v=OYhXJaEbw7c
youtube.com/watch?v=4q9cvuXi7Ug
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because there are such similarities between gucci gang and holiday in cambodia

Nani!?

Attached: watson.jpg (1024x576, 39K)

soundcloud rap is the new hair metal.

South Florida is also infested with wannabe drug gang bangers and ghetto nigger trash, Everyone that lives in Florida that isn't a subhuman knows not to go to South Florida. Music is fitting to the trash that lives there

Haven't watched the video but considering that these rappers are brainless made up record label artists "dress like this, say this, sound like this, here's your hair stylist, here's your album cover, make this song, jump on this track, have this feature, here's your new sound for the next mixtape cycle" etc. that pretty much makes it so they will never have anything to do with punk.

I honestly agree.

The Sex Pistols could possibly be considered THAT really popular punk band during that period. The Ramones dont really qualify in that specific aspect of obnoxious antics even though they paved the way with their sound quite a bit. Johnny Rotten though was a loud delinquent asshole along with others.

In terms of the rebellious attitude of straight-on punk, there wasn't anything really "woke" about it at first if I'm correct. It was just some dumb fuckers playing basic chords and shit. Its hard not to draw the parallel. In any case, I don't think we've seen this current style of hip hop evolve into something more consciously rebellious yet.

Unlike punk when it started, florida soundcloud rap currently holds no illusions towards being anti-authority. If anything its a more authentic starting point by using internet channels and communities to build a following. This last bit is contentious since you can argue at length the authenticity of original punk bands vs florida soundcloud rappers until you pass out, but its just my perspective.

trap was punk in 2011, this new soundcloud shit is more like the no wave of our time. except the hacks in the video ripped off everything from people that ripped off spaceghostpurrp. he's the glenn branca of soundcloud rap, all these other faggots are commercial cocksuckers who deserve to be maimed for stealing from the true god of soundcloud rap

XXXtentacion is watered down SGP. everything about him is a rip off. except unlike SGP, XXT has shit taste in metal (slipknot) whereas SGP listens to meshuggah before every live show. THEY STOLE EVERYTHING IM STILL MAD ABOUT THIS FUCK LIL YACHTY MIDGET SMOKING WENDYS LOGO

carti is cool though

Niggers stealing history?
It's way more common that what you think!

punk wasn't anti-authority, it was anti-society. the sex pistols made a shit ton of money and lydon took none of it.
soundcloud trap is pro-society and pro-everything in this current order except hyper-lumpens like tay k and tekashi and even they are pro-wealth and want to be as rich as possible as quickly as possible

>they all sound the same
>the production is not distinct at all
>lots of energy
>trying to rebel but also greatly conforms to every hip hop norm, except for rapping.

It's really fucking pathetic how every musical movement trying to sound edgy associates itself with punk.

NWA was more punk than every """punk""" band these days desu

id say ant-authority is a better descriptor for punk than anti-society. they hated a particular kind of society

literally the polar opposite of punk rock
and they likely knew full well when they wrote this
but go ahead and click

We been knewing this bruh

QUICK! Name a more current rebellious form of counterculture music than soundcloud rap!

Attached: 021518-lil-pump-kal-1080x608.jpg (1080x608, 100K)

I've been experimenting with creating something edgy and controversial recently
However instead of being influenced by punk,trap and traditionally 'dark' music I've been considering sampling anime music (op,ed's, anything that sounds overtly cutesy) and using that shit to make my beats for rapping.
I'm still working on a persona but generally the lyricism will focus on heavy ronery shit (waifus, hentai, anime references,etc.)
Anime has recently taken a turn to the western mainstream and I think this could be a good time for a heavily anime influenced artist to breakout.
What do you guys think?

No

but sc rap isn't rebellious or counterculture at all. it's pro-consumerist and socialy accepeted.

name a form of music more compliant with the industrial capitalist death machine

Attached: 1518048968952.jpg (703x685, 151K)

>implying SC rap isn't pro-accelerationism
>implying they aren't using society's commodities as a clever satire to criticize it
>implying it isn't punk rock af to be materialistic yet act lower class at the same time

Attached: lil-pump-lil-peep-instagram-1512396368-view-0.png (620x460, 401K)

>Implying you don't have a dick far up your ass as we speak

you're put too much sense in this shit, faŠ¼. i'm not even sure lil pump knows what satire means.

this. i live sf. have my whoke life, whitw suburban fags listen yo this yhe niggers listen to this, everyone listens to this. everyobe is a fu king fag, nigger spic or old jew and if your not then gtfo sf before we turn into cali

damn, sorry for bad grammar. i'm slightly high.

Metro zu never gets any props

actually autistic

>punk
>sex pistols
oh wow it's literally nothing
sex pistols were the most manufactured punk shit in the world, 90% of british first wave punk was. for all the >muh ideology they were being herded around by their manager, i mean for fuck's sake the McLaren (their manager) was only in it to rip off what he has seen in NY and to create a style his wife (Vivienne Westwood) could create clothing too. It's such bullshit, and it's such bullshit that the sex pistowws get so much credit just because muh edgy tv twinks.

call me when soundcloud rap morphs into the rap equivalent of hardcore punk, then we'll talk.

Attached: 1sduxre049fj5ryuaqyfskexi.384x313x1.jpg (384x313, 77K)

>call me when soundcloud rap morphs into the rap equivalent of hardcore punk, then we'll talk.
okay
youtube.com/watch?v=0pWWs_ZBUzA
youtube.com/watch?v=OYhXJaEbw7c
youtube.com/watch?v=4q9cvuXi7Ug

>posts some more run-of-the-mill soundcloud rap
man i don't think you know what hardcore punk is lmao

XXXTENTACION - YuNg BrAtZ