I don't want to waste my time sitting on my ass 2 hours to see if this is good or not, is it worth listening to?

I don't want to waste my time sitting on my ass 2 hours to see if this is good or not, is it worth listening to?

Attached: 113062_4c89facd-3566-4d22-8e94-e51f1046d75c_1024x.jpg (1024x1024, 186K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k203y_oXS9k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no, listen to the demastered version of californication, that's all you need

its decent yeah. funky rock music, not reinventing the wheel. plenty of poppy hooks and vocal melodies. you've probably heard dani california and snow, but theres some good tracks on there, charlie, torture me, wet sand, tell me baby, and 21st century are all fine. you know what youre getting with new rhcp stuff, nothing groundbreaking, anthony keidis's vocals and lyrics are weird, flea is great at bass and john frusciante is great at guitar.

It's ok. If you want your mind blown, go somewhere else. If you want some decent funky enjoyable background music, you could do worse.

2 hours of mediocre rock

It's good. There's some great tracks, but it's an undeniably solid album.
BSSM and Freaky Styley are the best

the guitar work is what gets me to come back to this album. Johns really a step up on the other guys here

setting aside shitting on RHCP for whatever reasons and giving an honest assessment: there's nothing on this album they haven't done better on a different album.

This
I'm really divided on this album. On one hand they're definitely taking a huge step towards Walmart-rock, on the other hand John fucking shreds. It's like a 6/10 album with a handful of 10/10 riffs

It's their last good album.

stopped considering myself a fan after this one. It's just really really bland. Don't waste your time

pop rock with seinfeld bass

lol

disturbingly accurate

Attached: main-qimg-1a2f310ddac8f31fba8cf808b9657951.png (602x452, 95K)

I mean this is my favorite Chili Pepper album but I don't want to change your mind because it's my favorite. I want to change your mind because this is their highest energy album in my opinion and they're so focused on this album it's not even funny. The guitars great vocals are awesome drums and bass go great with every track. This is just my opinion on the album. To answer your question long story short yes it is worth it.

lmao

>implying it doesn't have their best track Snow

>implying Under The Bridge isn't their best

Under the Bridge isn't even top 10 best songs on that album

he's not wrong

Yes, he is. It's completely ignorant of the fact that RHCP heavily focuses on rhythm as the cornerstone of their songs, and "Seinfeld bass" is a juvenile description. Utterly useless.

Torture Me, Hey, Wet Sand and Death of a Martian are the best tracks

I couldn't agree more

I listen to this more than I listen to the full tracks.
youtube.com/watch?v=k203y_oXS9k

Under the Bridge is one of the best songs of the decade and if it wasn't a hit, you would recognise that

Between the two discs there are about 10 good tracks that would have made a 7/10 single album.

I have no problem with it being a hit. I love most of their hits. Give It Away is a jam to end all jams and top 10 of BSSM. Under the Bridge is just alright

Pretty underrated desu, its worth listening