Besides it taking place in the 80s from the start why is there so much hate towards this film...

Besides it taking place in the 80s from the start why is there so much hate towards this film? Stop viewing everything through some post-ironic lens.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!tF1kDK4T!K1vG082gTOvYZ2GCBIJ2TuqHxOn9RtRX_blxRUv_k-A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>post-ironic lens

what did you mean by this?

is it out? man I really don't like remakes/reboots, I saw the original IT and the movie isn't great, but Pennywise is just so memberable and perfect it in. This nu-pennywise looks dumb, and I predict this being forgettable garbage. But whatever you say op, I'm wrong blah blah

clowns are not scary

the problem is Pennywise looks like an evil clown, instead of a clown that is evil. Like no kid would be happy to see him, no kid would believe him when he says he's got a shitload of balloons.

Literally just nostalgia. I watched the original again last year and it does not hold up well, especially compared to the book. The new version sounds better.

Hey its that new GoD

dude, Universe Tournament is that way, next to Now-Canon FemBroly

That house sure looks creepy.

I wonder if anything creepy happens inside?!

Talk about not being subtle.

>In June 2016, Skarsgård was cast as popular horror villain Pennywise the Dancing Clown in the upcoming 2017 film It after another actor, Will Poulter, dropped out due to other projects.
>we could have had kennywise

It's not subtle in the book, why should it be subtle in the movie?

clown looks like ass

>big budget studio
>no fukunaga
>cash grab
>track record of terrible SK movies
>probably focusing on IT being a clown as opposed to a timeless being that feeds on psychic fear
>probably wont delve into past instances of ITs appearances/feasts
>contrived Disney's The Haunted Mansion-tier house on neibolt st.

i'll literally still pay money to see it

I'm just looking forward to seeing how they pull off the giant spider.

You should read the leaked Fukunaga script. It was going to be fucking awful so stop sucking his dick.

Is it that time of night where people get redpilled about Fukunaga
mega.nz/#!tF1kDK4T!K1vG082gTOvYZ2GCBIJ2TuqHxOn9RtRX_blxRUv_k-A

It has nothing to do with nostalgia and everything to do with being true to the source material. I love the book. The first adaptation was exactly what you'd expect from a made for TV movie. It nailed some things while being under those constraints, but wasn't able to fully stretch its legs. What they're doing with the remake and what I've seen so far looks terrible.

>Will Poulter
not even close to old/charismatic enough.

my buddy shot some of his studio head shots oddly enough

>What they're doing with the remake and what I've seen so far looks terrible.

Such as?

CGI
CGI EVERYWHERE

what do we think

>it taking place in the 80s from the start
Will it still gonna have monsters like Frankenstein, the wolfman etc?
Because that wouldn't make any fucking sense. Kids in the 80s would be afraid of Michael Myers, Jason Vortess or Freddy Krueger, not obsolete b/w monsters.

The 2 on the left are a little too goofy. The rest look good.

Probably something to do with people being over remakes and having that frog kid the pedos are obsessed with.

We best get an orgy scene with Finn taking Bev's role.

Just find a closer comparison. Instead of The Wolfman it's American Werewolf in London for example.

The most glaring offense is switching the decades that the stories takes place in and switching/changing character dynamics. They totally missed the mark with Pennywise's appearance and the casting of the kids.

We have no idea if changing the decades will have a meaningful impact or not.

>Kids in the 80s would be afraid of Michael Myers, Jason Vortess or Freddy Krueger, not obsolete b/w monsters.
I don't think the movie will have any monsters at all sadly. But wouldn't kids in the 80s grow up seeing those b/w monsters on TV? Little kids get spooked by stuff they grow up seeing on tv (even Doctor Who lmao)

Doesn't explain Frankenstein and the mummy.
It was a fucking retarded decision.

Who cares if it's specifically the mummy or Frankenstein? All that matters is that it's something that is scary to kids.

How about Mike's character development and racism in the 50's? I also heard that they made Henry Bowers' dead beat drunk dad a cop? Pointless alterations.

So you think there was no racism in the 80s?

I don't think anything will come close to what I imagined reading the book

>tfw to intelligent too partake in underage orgies

Compared to the social upheaval of the civil rights movement of the 50's? Not even close to the same. It lessens the stakes.

More importantly, are they going to run a train on bev?

The civil rights movement was not a part of the book. It was about one redneck racist in a small town, which is something that still existed in the 80s.

We all agree that there's no replacing the vampire in the library yes? That would be in the second film but still. If Pennywise at least doesn't have Gillette razors for teeth that he then chomps his own gums into a gorey mess with I will be pissed.

Fucking kek

Definitely one of the more disturbing images from the book.

Are we getting marketers in here now? What the fuck is this post?

This is the problem. There's no nuance today. When I read about the reactions toward Mike it was with the knowledge of it taking place during that time period. The weight of that was put on his character. The time period is vital to the story.

So you're not able to believe that there were racist rednecks in small towns in the 80s?

Yes everyone who goes against the wacky internet majority is a marketer. All hail the tv minisieres that's on the same level of shit as the Salem's Lot and The Stand tv miniseries!

Moot looks like THAT?

You've missed the point every time I've made it.

What in Stephen King's IT is nuanced?

So there was less racism overall. Does that mean that Bowers has to be less racist in this version?

>Yes everyone who goes against
That's the entire core of what you're doing, nothing more. Can't you go pass puberty elsewhere?

Nope. Has nothing to do with my argument.

Looks like an anime character than a clown.

It'll be better than The Dark Tower.

WOW! Hot little red head. I would plow her so hard that she would break right in half.

She's probably the only non-virgin there

I need that gangbang scene

>cunnyfags

You can tell just by looking at their expressions. They're all kids except her.

do you know how old she is? i couldn't find anything on google.

>why is there so much hate
Penny is less scary now. They found a way to fuck up IT.

She's surely the same age if not slightly younger. Girls physically mature sooner.

Curry wasn't scary at all.

remember that head in the fridge,even then it looked stupid.
So many comical effects, not just in execution, but the idea of them.

>How's your sex life? WHAT'S your sex life?

what about an edgy kid that posts on Sup Forums?

So we getting an R rated version?

It is R rated.

>I wonder if anything creepy happens inside?!
My little brother threw a Frisbee over teh fence one time, next morning his head was in my fridge ON THE FRISBEE©.
To this day he is still there,keeping inventory on much tendies, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

Anyone got that painting of the 1800s axe murder? Pennywise is hanging from the rafters IIRC and he's dressed pretty much just like this.

Looks like shit in this illustration, too.

Me on the right.

top qt

CHADED

What's going on with robo-legs on the left?

Unless the guy on the left is gay he must really feel like a fucking cuck.

the original is fucking horrible so it wont be hard for this to beat it

Just intelligent enough to rape Beverly 1 on 1

>tfw to smart to sink down here