Did Sup Forums have such a defining culture back in '07-'08? Did we have good memes? Did we have Sup Forumscore...

Did Sup Forums have such a defining culture back in '07-'08? Did we have good memes? Did we have Sup Forumscore? Inform a (relative) newfag please.

Attached: muchan.jpg (1500x1000, 373K)

Vry racist back thn

Wow some rare Bjork over there!

nah

the culture thing started around 2011-today and its at its peak

yeah, metal and rock mainly and some blog-core indie/random obscure world shit

well it was mostly the same.

guitar hero was a thing that brought memes - be it dragonforce or whatever.
indie rock music was what rap is currently.
every other thread was nmh or pitchfork related.

so basically the same, just with slightly fewer ways to call someone a faggot.

What could be worse than r*p? Can't think of anything really.

It was pretty heavily based around Pitchfork's music taste back then. This was before Fantano was a big deal.

Yeah there was still the Sup Forumscore charts and flowcharts were a lot more popular back then if I remember correctly.

There were a lot of decent sharethreads, I remember downloading a lot of pretty decent music. You don't really get much of that anymore because everything is so easy to stream now.

It seemed just generally a bit more chilled out but that might just be me. Can anyone else confirm?

mainly metalfags ruled the board (indiefags started to take over in 2009 and peaked in 2012)
"board culture" first started around 2010-2011 (Sup Forumscore was first established around this time too and the essentials still reflects that: itcock, itaots, hospice, hanl, mbdtf were all at peak popularity during this time period and that's why they're still considered essentials)
there were epic dragonforce memes like pic related

Attached: hardest metal known to man.png (1158x1226, 224K)

it wasn't as racist as it is now
and there were a lot more tripfriends

I think these two phenomena may be causally linked

>it wasn't as racist as it is now
>and there were a lot more tripfriends
u new?

There were only 10 threads on the front page, none of this newfangled autoscroll malarky, and they were

3 tripfag circlejerk threads
2 last.fm threads
2 NMH threads
2 lewis threads, lots of lewis threads
1 THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST thread

It was mostly metal, plenty classic rock, IDM and Daft Punk. Also /kpop/.

There was more culture then with all the damn tripfags and the alignment charts.

:-)

Attached: breakfast-at-tiffanys-cat.jpg (640x408, 49K)

nope son, been here since 2011

People posted kpop threads back then?

2012+1 was the peak. Rodeo release was the start of the descent

yup, longest constant on this board

Dam that make me sad

huh
I seem to remember they just appeared one day

I came over from /trv/ and started lurking spring 2008 and they were a regular thing then, I think they left for a while then came back. Never bothered me desu, only 1 thread to hide (3 when they all start a new one at once) but still less than other genres which hog the board.

Turny was a kpop'er back then as well, he snorted special k and popped pills lol.

:^)