This is really good

This is really good

rite here bro, i got u

yes
no

When it came out it got shit reviews because critics wanted the 80's show. Miami Vice is probably the most Michael Mann movie ever.

i fucking love this movie. just saw it for the first time a few months ago and couldn't believe how good it was.

I saw this in theaters for some reason. I thought it could have used more speedboats.

the shootout at the end is great too

That Mogwai heavy soundtrack.

Meh. Not as bad as the reviews it got, not as good as the contrarians believe it to be.

can we just talk about this movie or michael mann ITT and keep it bumped because the rest of the catalog is garbage rn

are there any up and coming young filmmakers like mann?

"this is the hand we were dealt at 11:47 o'clock"

Remove the chink lady and you've got kino

Surprisingly good show.

I prefer black hat but this has one of the most moving endings.

No. Mann is Mann and even though these new directors try to best his incredible digital work using shakey cams, quick cuts and so on, nothing comes close.

I will say this. True Detective's second season was a visual feast. The production value matched Mann imo in some places.

Dumping TD caps

Not bad. A bit better than I though, which is still not much.

Too bad Mann used cheapshit digital video to shoot that. Looks really aged now, should've stick to 35mm at the time.

I really wish mann was more prolific
I love his style so much.

I really liked blackhat
so I think that brings the grand total to 8 people

yeah, I think the desire to escape is the running theme in his movies that I love the most

it works really well to build a kind of melancholic tone.