What the fuck was the point of this character?

What the fuck was the point of this character?

He was key

literally to be a good friend

He was a good friend

exposition dump to get obi-wan to kamino

He was exposition with a budget

>Luke, did I ever tell you about Dexter "Dex" Jettster. He was a male Besalisk cook with a diverse past hailing from the Deep Core planet of Ojom. He owned and ran Dex's Donuts and later Dex's Diner. Shortly before the outbreak of the Clone Wars, Jettster was running the diner in CoCo Town. Due to his wide experience, he was known as a reliable informant. Me and Quinlan Vos often turned to him when we needed some information. He was a good friend.

>cgi tech demo
Some nerd spent a lot of time animating that piece of shit and george left him in the film out of pity.

director self-insert.

pottery.

What was the point of this character? Like seriously.

>Literally every Separatist head but him contributing resources, finances, and real estate
>Geonosians and Trade federation supply battle droids
>Jango/Grevous is the muscle
>Gunray is the puppet leader
>Sheev is the real leader
>Grevous is the propaganda monster
>Dooku's presence is the only evidence of Sith involvement

I don't get it, why did the diner borrow design and style elements from american culture during the 1950s?

it rhymes

Dooku is the politician who organized everyone together.

Though I'm not sure what baldy meant when he called him a "political idealist". Hell they never even explained the reason why the Separatists were separating from the Republic. And I mean the public reason, not the "Palpatine's behind it all" reason. Maybe somewhere in the autistic EU they did but not in the films.

>Hell they never even explained the reason why the Separatists were separating from the Republic.
Because they wanted sweet $$$, didn't you watch TPM?

his character is a reference to General Lee. Dooku and Lee both separated from their academies - Dooku from the Jedi order and Lee from the military. And they both didn't believe in everything their new organizations were doing. You can see how Dooku says he actually wants to overthrow the Sith lord and how Lee was against slavery. The parallels continued with how when Dooku was killed it precipitated the destruction of the Republic and that's the same that happened with Lee.

This. The Republic fucked the Trade Federation over after TPM so they got support from other groups who were afraid for their businesses as well.

Which is why Gunray would have been better as a leader (while being manipulated by Sheev.) It's blatantly obvious that Dooku only got written in so there can be a red lightsaber somewhere in the movie.

That was the Trade Federation, the Separatists are supposed to be an organization made up of a whole group of planets, which the Trade Federation is just a portion of. I understand what ol' Nute's motivation is, but not why all those planets separated from the Republic and rallied behind Dooku. Mundi called him a "political idealist" but at no point is this concept brought up again.

>Though I'm not sure what baldy meant when he called him a "political idealist"
The Jedi seemed too sympathetic toward Dooku.
>he's an idealist
>as a former jedi he would never assassinate someone

Jedi confirmed for bad judges of character

>The Jedi seemed too sympathetic toward Dooku
Dooku was ex-Jedi. He trained Qui Gon. After he gave up the Jedi life he was allowed to reclaim control of his birth right as a count of wherever the fuck he's from.

Quitting a religious order usually causes suspicion from the remaining members

He was a heroin dealer.

>Luke did I ever tell you about the time I had a microdot? I was sitting in a shitty roadside dinner talking to a frog about the universe. It was a good trip