Should the personal life of a musician have any impact on how you feel about their music?

Should the personal life of a musician have any impact on how you feel about their music?

Attached: 1.jpg (605x298, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VJGbQbdfNDU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

morrissey has literally done nothing wrong how dare you

of course
if they a moral fag then why bother

yeah if you're not a piece of shit
good thing im a shallow piece of shit. who could careless

Attached: quote-if-somebody-told-me-i-only-had-an-hour-to-live-i-d-spend-it-choking-a-white-man-i-d-miles-davi (850x400, 72K)

He's racist.

>comparing Ian and Varg to Morrissey
I know they're bad people, but they don't deserve being compared to Morrissey. That's sickening.

What's a racist, anyway?

you know

No.
Why would i?

Watkins was a literal baby rapist.

I feel that is extreme enough on the spectrum to say yeah im done with that

his music was shit anyways

Yes, I have the uttermost respect for Varg, whereas Morssey is a faggot ass pussy

No, really, please define racism

> Ian Watkins
> makes pop rock with mass appeal, that particularly resonates with preteens

> Varg Vikernes
> makes black metal that's as far away from its African-American rock roots as possible, delving into Wagnerian classical, Romanticism, and European folk

> Morrissey
> sings about being a vegan virgin

I'd say their lifestyles have informed their music, in different ways

it was just a bit of fun m8, no harm done.

>racist
>wrong

>yes.

only if they were convicted of something
you should draw the line somewhere between fraud and wife beating
anything worse just shows you are underage or a meth user

yes. gives background to the emotions put into the music

The man called Asians 'subhumans' and has a long list of other shitty things he's said and done that would be too arduous to collect and type out here.

what did Moz do though

Ideally no, but I think it does depending on the severity of their actions, contrasted with the quality of their work.

Morrissey and Billy Corgan are twats, but they've made great music, so nobody really cares.

Varg Vikernes and Jon from Dissection have done seriously fucked up stuff. But they've also made incredible, genre-defining albums. So while they're bad people in many ways, it would be ridiculous to ignore the incredible music they made.

Ian Watkins and Gary Glitter are disgusting pieces of shit, and they made lame pop music. I'm less inclined to put up with their shitty pop music because they're such foul people.

he's a little bit of a nationalist but definitely not varg level

Up to the individual, artist vs person. Work vs personal life.
Either way dont be a faggot and try to force whatever one on others

being too mean to the dude who ivnented rap

not really. I listen to James Brown, Nina Simone & Dr. Dre and don't feel bad about it

Something about the enjoyment of music stems from the enjoyment of it's creator. Always.

cuck
cuck
cuck
ultra cuck, possibly even a soyboy

>Morisey = Varg
Yeah bub.

nice haha lol

It depends,if though lost prophets brings back good memories, its hard not to think that Ian wanted to fuck a baby.

XDD

thanks
uh-oh! ultra soy alert! man the harpoons!

What?

fat

Yawn

hurry up and kill yourself pls thx

Ill never kill myself

i would totally kill myself if i were you

how do you deal with it

By not being a pussy

no, but maybe dont support them financially if you really disagree with them and their lifestyle choices. the only time to let their character affect your enjoyment is if their views bleed into their work noticeably or obnoxiously, morrissey is a prick but (at least while in the smiths) it didnt affect his work

oh is that why you’re a fat alcoholic

One thing is having holding philosophies or politics you disagree, other is raping a baby.

But that's just me.

flat out fucking lie

>makes a song from the perspective of a young man joining a far right group
>makes a song about how it's hard for people to fit in with a society on the other side of the world regardless of good intentions
>doesn't agree with establishment politicians, small part of that is their insane immigration policies
DUDE HE'S LITERALLY HITLER

Attached: 1493642441019.png (632x756, 26K)

>Morrissey is a flaming left wing faggot for years
>right-wingers are okay with him
>comes out as a "racist"
>leftards lose their shit, immediately disown him
Makes you think.

It depends on your relative moral position. I don't believe it is a question that has an answer.

But if you ask me, then yes. More so if an artist has based their image that aligns with a specific set of beliefs and they act contrary to that.

morrissey has always been a cunt, glad that he's old, bloated and more irrelevant than ever

Attached: panic in the streets of JUST.jpg (482x753, 58K)

Yeah, that the 'left' have more moral agency and consistency than the 'right'. No need to really think.

I've never encountered a truly despicable artist whose work I even remotely enjoy

No one gets moz. He is a walking contradiction.
A shy man that enjoys attention. An elitst that loves the proles. A faggot that hangs around skin heads.

He isnt pol. Morrissy is like if you fused pol and tumbler into one being.

And moz is king of the hipsters, emo kids, and sadboys.

Indie faggots have been aping his style 40 years now

Attached: moz wilde.jpg (728x1200, 142K)

that makes me like him more

Attached: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x380, 18K)

try Carlo Gesualdo

lol this fucker likes Morrissey

but he's right

>He isnt pol

He is lit

Attached: IMG_20180314_051949.png (1354x2259, 901K)

>he doesn’t achieve a bulbous salutation

posting so more people see this
youtu.be/VJGbQbdfNDU

when's the next post whining about how another musician you love has turned into a REGRESSIVE LEFTIST SJW CULTURAL MARXIST KEK

wtf I love miles davis now

No

no

although i'd probably wouldnt like to know what varg thinks of my mixed blood heritage, even if he's no longer a white supremacist neo-nazi i mean

Why stay when you get ripped on so harshly

It doesn't bother me that mutch

Yes they are truly moral paragons, sacrificing their own people so they can mass import desert savages into countries that used to be functioning. Truly something we should all aspire to.

only if you're a complete brainlet

No
Pic related, best rapper in great Britain

Attached: article-2733228-20C3699300000578-455_636x382.jpg (636x382, 92K)

morrissey's personal life only makes me like him more. his ability to attract women and mexicans with only his voice is astounding.

Attached: 1494047295370.jpg (136x244, 11K)