Holy shit why did Sup Forums never tell me this was a 10/10

Literally the best album of the decade so far

Attached: IMG_6598.png (300x300, 245K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=QkkCu63k1P0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It seems like you posted the wrong tame impala album

If you wanna be told about reddit-core albums go to reddit

You're both talking about the wrong Australian band. Everyone knows King Gizzard is far superior. Paper Mache Dream Balloon, Polygondawanaland, Flying Microtonal Banana and Sketches of Eastside Brunswick wipe the floor with anything Tame Impala has released.

Pretty much this, KGATLW covers more genres and does everything better in general, not to mention they've come out with 4x as many albums despite both artists starting in 2010

Nice bait

> something is bad because reddit likes it

Not an argument sweetie

King Gizzard released 5 albums last year. That's fucking insanity. And they're all solid releases. One thing I appreciate about King Gizzard is their ability to use motifs and quote melodies from other songs on albums within the rest of their albums. Perfect example is Paper Mache Dream Balloon. A lot of the melodies find their way into different tracks over different cord progressions that work and it's really awesome to hear. These guys are awesome.

Attached: chadmeme.jpg (352x143, 10K)

Currents > Flying Microtonal Banana > Lonerism > Multi-Love (UMO) > Nonagon Infinity > Innerspeaker > The rest

what is this a meme for ants?

This.

Attached: Redditcore.jpg (1200x5047, 1.66M)

This is objectively wrong though. Nonagon Infinity is kind of overrated if anything. Everything they released last year absolutely trounces their previous releases.

The chad gizzard
The virgin impala

This is literally the Sup Forumscore chart reposted to reddit.

>10/10
>any Tame Impala album
Good meme friend

Incorrect.
FMB is their best, no doubt about it.
But the rest of the stuff they released last year is good, but not great. Sketches is one of their weakest (though still alright).

I thought Tame Impala was good before I ever listened to an Olivia Tremor Control album.

The frustrating thing about this chart is that half of it is excellent but you can't mention any of those albums without being called a pleb

Everything MGMT has made > all other contemporary psych music

Sketches is great. What are you on about? A lot of their fuzzier releases can get pretty same-songy to be honest. I like their earlier stuff, but they're at their best when they're mixing elements of jazz and blues into their music rather than just being straight up fuzz rock. Quarters, Flying Microtonal Banana, Paper Mache Dream Balloon, Sketches of Brunswick East. To be fair I just started getting into them a few months ago but I've been listening to them like a madman. Gumboot Soup is also a great album.

this is bait right? I like Little Dark Age and Congratulations but lets not pretend they're some enigmatic band of geniuses. That's an extreme overstatement.

Even the best MGMT album isn't as good as the worst TI/KG/UMO album.
Trite shite.
Don't get me wrong dude, I love king gizz. I'm seeing them in June. But sketches is just kinda forgettable. I'm not saying the rest of their stuff isn't good. But it's not as great as the releases I mentioned previously.

Name a song from these bands that match the genius of Siberian Breaks or Alien Days

Literally any song they released.
Those songs are bland as fuck.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=QkkCu63k1P0

Superior aussie psych artist

Blows tame impala out

>I'm sorry for being a white male the album

Good beats but damn he needs a spine

I see, you’re just retarded. Carry on.

>discussion on Australian psych
>nobody mentions The Church
You guys truly are plebs

Attached: starfish.jpg (600x600, 100K)

Siberian Breaks is one of my favorite MGMT songs but as a band with multiple releases, they don't hold a candle to King Gizzard in all honesty.

I really have to disagree with you there. I find stuff like I'm In Your Mindfuzz far more forgettable personally. But opinions are opinions.

You really convinced me bucko
I'm in your mindfuzz is probably my next favorite KG album after NI and FMB, but to each their own.
Music is subjective after all.

Might blow Tame Impala out but it doesn't blow King Gizzard out by any means. This hazy, sunny, dreamy psychedelic sound is so played out to be honest.

>This hazy, sunny, dreamy psychedelic sound is so played out to be honest.
No it’s not, fuck u

Yeah seems you enjoy their fuzzier, rock focused jams and I enjoy their more jazz-fusion, folky style stuff. That's what's cool about KG though, they're so versatile and they remain consistently good regardless of what subgenre they go for. To be fair I haven't listened to their earlier stuff nearly as much as I've listened to their 2015-2017 releases. 12 Bar Bruise is probably their earliest thing I've heard that I really enjoy.

Why do you guys compare TI to KG? They're clearly going for different styles from each other, so why bother?

They're both aussie psych bands.
Why do people compare the stones & the beatles? Outside the stones album that lifts from Sgt. Pepper's, they're pretty damn different too.
I agree with you there. Their variety keeps them fresh & interesting, and even when it's not my favorite stuff, it's never bad.

Attached: 1361143785663s.jpg (125x79, 2K)

>King Shittard and the Retard Sup Forumstard