ITT: Combo Breakers

ITT: Combo Breakers

Attached: oczy.jpg (630x630, 97K)

Truly this
Broke a 26-year run of good to perfect albums, probably one of the greatest in rock history

The Terror wasn't any good and neither was At War With The Mystics

The Soft Bulletin isn't all that great either. I would rather listen to Deserter's Songs and Opus 40 is the only memorable track on that album

Bob Dylan - Self Portrait

Attached: images (30).jpg (220x220, 16K)

Do you like any Flaming Lips albums? Also no way Deserter's Songs is better than The Soft Bulletin
I will give you Holes though, that song is spectacular

Attached: GYBE_01CoverFront.jpg (1800x1800, 406K)

B-but I liked it

The Terror is one of their best albums silly

Listen user.

I dig the Flaming Lips as much as the next guy, they have some incredible records in their discography. I saw them live last year and it was one of the most incredible things in my fucking life.

But this album is not good, and if you don't think so you're in denial.

Attached: 1503471934364.jpg (338x305, 34K)

Asunder is even worse than this one

What did you like about it? I just heard a bunch of half-baked electronic/dream pop soundscapes with awful DUDE WEED lyrics thrown on top, almost as an afterthought
They've dipped into that area before, but never as far as on "There Should Be Unicorns" or "Do Glowy"
Some would say At War with the Mystics was the end of their streak, but I think there's a great album in there if you remove "Haven't Got a Clue" and the first half of "It Overtakes Me"
Oczy Mlody was just completely boring

Attached: 81VnT6zok2L._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 48K)

That red-hot streak of three albums released within a span of two years?

>Do you like any Flaming Lips albums?
I like Embryonic, In A Priest Driven Ambulance, Telepathic Surgery, Hit to Death in the Future Head, Transmissions From The Satellite Heart, Clouds Taste Metallic, And Yoshimi.

I could take or leave anything else.

There is no way I would take The Soft Bulletin over Deserter's Songs though. Neither is that great of an album but at least Mercury Rev had the sense to use real strings

And yeah Oczy Mlody sucks but How is a good track

Asunder was the combo breaker

All good picks honestly
Surprised you like Yoshimi but not The Soft Bulletin though, considering a lot of people (myself included) see Yoshimi as an inferior Soft Bulletin

So is The Castle & One Night While Hunting for Faeries and Witches and Wizards to Kill

Attached: IMG_3733.jpg (640x606, 120K)

the Soft Bulletin is barely psychedelic at all compared to every other Flaming Lips album, it's basically a wonky "electronic beats" album (which is admittedly ahead of its time) with warbly indie vocals. If you're not in the mood to listen to it, it's aggressively annoying. Yoshimi is psychedelic above all else, it's basically impossible to describe correctly without mentioning that, and it's also one of the only Flaming Lips albums you could describe as refined and tasteful. In other words, they're in completely different worlds. Also Yoshimi actually has good lyrics if you care about lyrics (I do)

Again I really don't like the synthesized strings used on The Soft Bulletin. And to me the songs just weren't there. To me it just sounds goofy and like they lost their way. All psychedelic influence was gone. The same thing happened to mercury rev with Deserter's Songs, but Holes and Opus 40 and even Delta Bottleneck Stomp or whatever it was called stand so far ahead of anything on Soft Bulletin. All is Dream by Mercury Rev is actually better than Deserter's Songs, by the way. After All is Dream, forget it. They were done.

Yoshimi, you have The Fight Test which is a Cat Stevens rip off but still good, In The Morning of Magicians, Ego Tripping At the Gates of Hell, It's Summertime, and Do You Realize. It was such a more well produced album than Soft Bulletin too.

:(

THIS

hate to say it but

Attached: Beach House - Thank Your Lucky Stars.jpg (400x400, 27K)

Attached: QOTSA-LikeClockWork-cover-onlineversion-920x920.jpg (920x920, 52K)

Attached: Filth_Pig_Ministry.jpg (300x300, 54K)

Fair enough
I see yer point(s)

legendary

Attached: bob.png (741x359, 94K)

Attached: 811dCDMX6hL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 358K)

Attached: 220px-Kendrick_Lamar_-_Damn.png (220x220, 85K)

Nope

Yoshimi's second half is some of the worst material they've ever written.
>Yoshimi actually has good lyrics
Neck yourself, you moody loser.

Yes.

the real combo breaker was TPAB tbqhwyfamalamadingdong
damn is the new combo 2 moves in

Attached: 1518335624357.jpg (715x715, 71K)

Attached: 1520434461903.jpg (626x464, 52K)

this was good tho

Asunder was the stinker

Attached: file.png (300x300, 185K)

>Soft Bulletin is basically a wonky "electronic beats" album
Are you retarded?

completely agree. It was just rehashed shit they've played live for the past 5 years.

With their newest album, it was at least new material but it would have been a better album if it isn't wasn't gybe. It's not a bad album on its own, it''s really not, but when we compare to their discography, it's rubbish.
It's a sad, if not depressing day to admit one of your favorite bands has become total trash