糸 +且= 組 • 组
金 +艮= 銀 • 银
昜 +土= 場 • 场

雲云
齒齿
龜龟
學学

>tfw no qt Japanese thicc anime waifu

Most of these simplified characters are fucking disgusting.

>simplified chinese characters
sacrilege

>readable chinese characters
ftfy

I hate you.

Why do HK and Taiwan with traditional characters have more literacy rate than Mainland with Simplified characters? Isn't it supposed to be exact opposite?

china is a bit poorer

>大陸人以為沒有心還可以愛人
>大陸人以為沒有翅膀還飛得到

髮 and 發 are the same character in simplified ver.
how can they tell the difference?

China is also still half agrarian, which lowers the average.

There's no evidence that simplified characters improve literacy rates. Lack of education was what held back literacy in twentieth century China. On ease of learning though I'd argue that the radicals of traditional characters help you understand what words mean, especially for classical Chinese which is so concise it's hard to tell meaning using context.
e.g.
干 幹 -> 干
歷 曆 -> 历
余 餘 -> 余

On the other hand I think certain words do need to be simplified, like 鬱 and龜.

simplified=fewer strokes=more efficient for writing and learning

I like your trend of directly using 片假名 instead of coining the proper kanji word when introducing new words into japanese. This writing system is primitive and is medium of a heartless civilization. It should be deliberately wiped out

Are you actually in China or are you overseas Chinese with a fake Chinese ip?

Or maybe White people acting as Chinese?

I don't think China has normal internet

You need 4chanpass to bypass google captcha in China
So the chinaposters you see here are mosteither expats or full bown race-traitors

Simplified > Traditional

>廠→厂
>車→ 车
It is why they always make shit products and their cars are always easily broken.

kek

>学
Don't you use that too? In fact, the PRC copied the simplification straight from japan.
Also,
>図,縁,仏,銭,兎
K E K

Your argument is really cherry-picking the complaints made by the people who supported the traditional characters. They also hate simplications like 尽,昼 etc, and merging-replacement of radicals like 澤>沢,鬥 and 門 in words like 鬧>閙,replacement of complex radical with another arbitary radical such as your simplification of 廣,佛,勞,學,巢 and many more. Simply stating what is applicable to 简化字 and not 新字体 is basically a red herring at best. And BTW, people have argued that 体 was originally a variant of 笨 and hence is not suitable to a replacement for 體。

In the simplification draft reports they actually gathered that many people wrote 車 as 丰, but decided to simplify to 车 to emulate 東>东 which is actually a thing since the ROC.

Does not look like car

It always reminds me of this character

汚い
One of the reasons i refuse to study Mandarin. Will study Cantonese once i'm done with Jap.

As I said, they found out many people were replacing 車 with 丰,which does not look like 车。The cultural department originally gathered a large batch of simplified characters but the leaders said it was not enough, which might have resulted in simplications where their main purpose is to reach the quota.

Just go to Taiwan. Mandarin with traditional characters.

Contonese is useless unless you want to live in Hong Kong and people speak English there anyways so I don't see the point

Isn't 丰 the simplification for 豐/豊

Forcefully simplifying your language is simply disgusting.

Well in the official list, yes. However, when they were gathering data for simplification, 丰 was used by the masses(not authorities) to replace 車。
Similar case with the right radical of 汤 actually. It was originally used by the masses to simplify 易, and there is another simplification for the right radical of 湯,which looks more like a 十 on top. However, the cultural departments did not simplify one-to-one against what the masses were writing.

Wat. They speak Mandarin in Taiwan just with Traditional characters?

No shit.

They have a sizable Hokkien speaking population but the national language is Mandarin and all announce ments, billboard, everything is in Mandarin.

It's the Republic of China after all

Mandarin, the word itself was related to malay word for "officials".

It was used by westerners to describe Qing dynasty officials from Beijing - and their dialect.

So back then if you wanted to get into upper class you needed to be fluent in Mandarin. Therefore the dialect became more and more commonspread. Sometime in 20th century RoC decided to adapt it as the official language.

A lot of the simplification came from pre-exisiting scripts or variants, very few were actually created out of the blue.

Traditional Chinese characters have the origin and meaning of the word in it while simplified ones don't.

For example like OP said:
言 +舌= 話 (words spoken by someone)
言 means talk, 舌 means tongue
simplified 话 doesn't have the 言 anymore

Some characters used to represent how things look.
Like 廠 (factory) has a roof and stuff in it, while simplified 厂 now only has a roof.

And I don't even want to mention simplified Chinese merge words with different meanings but the same sound into one word.

Imagine "cable" and "table" are now the same word, will be fine when you speak it quickly and with context, but annoying when you read them.

But hey, who am I to judge?
Those who destroyed their cultural heritage are now the powerful one, there's nothing we can do as a small island.

There is still a definite meaning to simplified words, but not a good one. The simplified version 言 is a possible way to write it in cursive, implying that scribbling is the proper way to write.

You know you also use simplified

It's rly funny ppl just hate Simplified Chinese bcuz it was "created" by the evil PRC and boast about traditional chinese is way better or something

u dont know that chinese simplification project was started by the KMT a hundred year ago
u dont know that most simpified chinese character we used was from ancient scripts

this trend of hating everything PRC related even if it doesnt is ridiculous, ur only embrassing urself

另外觉得自己用繁体字很 superior 的话可以去尝试一下金文或者小篆,那个更 traditional

I hate simplified characters because they're ugly.

>there's nothing we can do as a small island
繁體字is ours, ours to keep, ours to defend when no one else would.

》mfw 繁体字
哈哈, you all are pretentious as fuck. And I love how Taiwanese and HKers pretend that Chinese characters have never changed or simplified at all in Chinese history. Simplification is nothing new, and it helped the process of making hundreds of millions of Chinese literate. And it's time-saving to write them as well. For me, it is damn near impossible to read 繁体字on a computer screen, whereas 简体字is no problem.

>not knowing the fact that there are tons of ppl trying to learn or defend traditional chinese in mainland china
>“中華正統在臺灣”
>imagine being this level of arrogant

You know, Japanese has TONS of simplified characters of their own, weaboo. They're called Shinjitai and many of them are the same as the ones used in Mainland China. Like .

Japanese simplified Character is minimal

>Traditional Chinese

>Japanese Simplification

>Chinese Simplification

>>not knowing the fact that there are tons of ppl trying to learn or defend traditional chinese in mainland china
>tons of ppl
>in mainland china
but they would change to use simplified Chinese in a heartbeat, just to fit in the system

>defend anything in mainland china
it's a nice joke, keep up the memes

Are simplified Characters meant as a joke? For instance 样 = 木 + 羊

What? Sheep? Like a wolf in sheep's clothing?

How about 万?That's a pretty radical simplification. Or 台? 体?Japanese variants for 泽or 广? There are tons of Japanese characters that are just as radical as 简体字。I love how Japs and HKers and Taiwanese think they're more Chinese than the Chinese just because they can write some traditional characters.

Chinese characters =/= pictographs. Most are not meant to actually symbolize their meaning, or are only partially symbolic. They were meant to help increase literacy and considering how literacy has shot up to above 90% since 1949 from probably less than 20% before, I think the goal was achieved.

They also simplified sakura, you know the tree most commonly associated with japan. Even moreso than simplified Chinese.

>Traditional

>Simplified

>Japanese

>chinese with white teeth

fake

B-but, much traditional Japan, much more chinese than China
If you ask me, simplified characters are no different from how Americans in the 1800s simplied spellings of English words. Flavour -> flavor. Did America bastardized English by changing the spellings and making it simpler?

Japanese Sakura seems natural while simplified Chinese Sakura looks like a mutant.

The worst thing about simplified Chinese is the radicals.

>b-but it's not bad when japan does it
>it looks natural, dumb gaijin
Double standard much?

If you chinks care about literacy so much, why not just speak English? It's not like you already aren't.

>Japanese Sakura seems natural
The fuck is that supposed to mean? What is "natural" about replacing 貝貝 with the radical for small?

It does

Communist simplification absolutely disgusting

It looks like petals, dumbass

I like the traditional one too, but the Maoist simplification is a fucking human in a box, not a shell

>but they would change to use simplified Chinese in a heartbeat, just to fit in the system
I read this like 5 times and I still cant see your logic from this, prbly bcuz u still believe that everyone lives in mainland are mindless evil robots and will be executed if they dont follow orders or "cant fit in the system"

ㅍㅂ ㅅㄷ ㄹ뱍ㄷ 두쳐ㅣㄷㄱ

>I read this like 5 times and I still cant see your logic from this, prbly bcuz u still believe that everyone lives in mainland are mindless evil robots and will be executed if they dont follow orders or "cant fit in the system"
If this is not true, then just say it isn't true. What is so hard about this?

I'm not Chinese. And that's a complete false equivalency there. Did you learn logic at a Chicago public school or something?
So you're saying it's okay when Japan does it but not when China does it? Way to not acknowledge your own double standard there, Davido-kun.

Then you are some yellow fever white trash SJW or something like that. Don't think we don't know.

>So you're saying it's okay when Japan does it but not when China does it? Way to not acknowledge your own double standard there, Davido-kun.
Simplification can be used to achieve different objectives. For example writing bad as 坏 because you don't want people saying no (不) to you.

Are you reading your own posts? You just argued that simplifying to a completely different radical, which has a meaning, is somehow okay but simplifying 貝 to贝 which is literally the same character isn't. That is some next level retarded nipmonkey logic.

bcuz you cant persuade stubborn turd by True/False

Are you saying it is completely coincidental that 贝 looks like a 人 slithering out of something?

I learn kanji through visuals mostly, and a bit through radical memorization as well. When I learned the Japanese version of sakura, it made a lot of sense because I thought that it depicted what the kanji meant really well. It's really hard for me to see the chinese versions the same way.

No one even mentioned literacy here but you

The problem is that the simplication of the language is a unavoidable step in the history of one civilization and ppl just cant grasp this idea

Actually, never mind, 贝 looks like a dick being stuck in a vagina. I guess that is what chinks trade in, no wonder they fuck their own sisters!

Well, whatever helps you learn it best I guess

is handwriting slow for normal people? for example someone writing down on some paper things to get at the supermarket

So being interested in China means yellow fever white trash, but in Japan is totally legitimate? At least you are consistent in your constant utilization of double standards in your logic.
坏 is also used in simplified Chinese too. Please continue debating. Your logic is so terrible it amuses me.

You get used to it eventually, and people who write it all their lines know how to do shorthand.

Latin is just Mandarin pronounced backwards, you didn't know that?

Was I the one who came up with that idea?

Do you people just use a fuckhuge zoom or can you actually differentiate those squiggly chingchong lines in the browser's default font size?