Is it possible to make a film so far up its own ass...

Is it possible to make a film so far up its own ass? Only a fucking idiots delight could think this was intelligent and thoigh provoking

Also Adamsfags. SHE CANT FUCKING EMOTE. BAD MOMMY

>inb4 y-you didn't get it
Whats not to get Villenueve holds your hand the entire time

Is Sicario good?

Stfu OP, it was fantastic. Best sci-fi film in recent memory.

The Arrival makes Interstellar look like Lost in Space.

>The Arrival

Its entirely mediocre but better than Arrival. Again Villenueve proves he cant direct a woman or he just doesn't care that they make the same expressions

its like nonlinear man, you wouldnt understand

brainlet

There is very little reason for Emily Blunt to have any kind of look on her face through Sicario other than a grim scowl.

She goes through the ringer in that movie, it fit with what was happening.

Nice arrival interstellar lost in space pasta

no no man, this is the part in the Sup Forums cycle where a well received movie starts to be hated-this show that the individual who hates it is not a sheep and has a strong personality and intellect, because him hating the movie makes him special

No you misunderstand she has a stupid fucking look in all her films the patented wide eyes agape mouth I'm acting

What's your gripe really about? You shit on a film you don't like because it wasn't r/iamverysmart enough for you - I'd like to hear what you consider intelligent sci-fi you fuck

easiest way to spot a pleb is when they use the "contrarian" meme because they like every piece of trash sci-fi movie that comes out. Oh and they like Villeneuve.

I tried pretty hard to enjoy it, and I think I succeeded. My take on it was that it was a successful alien takeover of humanity using memetic weapons. "We need humans to help in 3,000 years." They're just going around min-maxing the resources in their galactic vicinity since they have (perfect?) knowledge of possible future worlds. The subplot with the woman is there to sell it to normies, but you can choose to look past it.

>YALL COME GATHER ROUND AND BEHOLD MY SUPERIOR ALIEN BODY
>I DONE TRAVELED FARS TO FINDS THE RED HEADED WOMANS
>I WILL TEACHIFY HER THE TIMEY TALKY
>SO THAT SHE MAY HABS A CHIL' WITH THE LEAST INTERESTING AVENGER

So, is the movie a warning about having children, because they are all going to die soon?

Knowing has the same vibe.

First half was great, just what I wanted: what would people at the forefront do after first contact has been established?

2nd half was shit, pick your reason
>obligatory nation-that-wants-to-destroy-the-ayys cliche for forced drama
>explosions for no reason other than forced drama
>change of focus from the first half, felt like I was watching a different, worse film: from "how do we talk to the ayys" it became "look at the dumb humans they don't trust each other lolol"

The twist was great though.

Contarians exist and they've been stubbornly retarded since their days as edgelords in middle school. Can't get out of that special snowflake mindset.

meh, i thought it was hilarious how "evil" russia and china immediately want to attack but the fucking US is the voice of reason. come the fuck on

it's infinitely up it's own ass because it's all a circle

It's a film about robot people, nerds hiding their emotions, not yet another anime-to-live-action emo bursting flick.

War, conflict and competition are what creates technological progress. Any race that masters interstellar travel would be even bigger dicks than humans. then they'd come here and anally rape all of us.

mystery of first contact solved

You just overlooked the one interesting concept of this movie. They came to help humans so they could be allies in the future. They want to team up against whoever has the really really big dick.

best film of 2016. op is a contrarian dipshit faggot. move along

yet moonlight will wwin EVERYTHING. you know it to be true