Why is this a thing? Yea, yea post Soviet etc. But why is there still a Russian exclave in northern Poland?

Why is this a thing? Yea, yea post Soviet etc. But why is there still a Russian exclave in northern Poland?

Population exchanges aren't a thing anymore :(

>Northern Poland

kek
Google 'Königsberg' OP.

Because having a land border with Russia is always fun, you should try it too!

Because they are an ex-superpower unlike the baltic nation and need a access to the baltic sea. There's literally nothing wrong with it. The weak should fear the strong.

Technically they have it. Ever heard of Alaska?

The same reason why western Poland is actualy Germany and Easternt Belarus and Ukraine is Poland and so on.

>tfw only 1 country between me and north korea

> land border

How come I never hear about this portion of Russia?

It is basically big military base

We dont want it, give it to the lithuanians

But Alaska is basically a snow territory that few people live in.

That's not northern Poland. That's eastern Germany.

>northern Poland

That's Königsberg, Russia took it from the Germans.

They already have access to the Baltic, it's called St. Petersburg.

>How come I never hear about this portion of Russia?
American education?

you hear about it all the time if you're a jewelry maker
it's where majority of the word's amber is extracted

I was educated in the best private schools. You wish you had as good an education as me Hans.

>You wish you had as good an education as me Hans.
>Never heared about Konigsberg.
>american top notch private education.

The Russians made an offer to give it back to Germany after the wall came down, we rejected because the area is an economic wasteland that would have crashed our economy even harder than taking in eastern Germany at the time.

Yeah because this is definitely talked about in German schools.
Most Germans are unaware of the fact that we lost a good half of our country in the world wars.

That's Królewiec.

Kaliningrad in Russian.

Russia kept it because it's their only warm winter port in the Baltic.
Aaaand there's a military base there.

Noone wants it because it's full of Russians.

As other's said it's old German rightful clay. SU offered Germany to buy it back but Germany went "lul we don't want the 3 million unemployed Russians in the bargain so fuck off". A wise decision considering Crimea and so on.

>Most Germans are unaware of the fact that we lost a good half of our country in the world wars.
It's intended so Germans believe you had no claim to "Poland" in WW2 which was actually more or less Ost Preussen.

It's a military outpost at a strategic position. In this regard it's valuable to Russia, they will never let it go. During soviet times it was a no-go zone. The economoy peforms worse than Russia's average.

Its not enough for the 2nd best military in the world, seems understable to me. Same debate as why they should own crimea, simply because they can and its profitable for them in many ways.
And if there's one nation that should have no say about why such should have this piece of land and military bases on it is straight right the US.

moving goal posts?

why u heff to be mad :)?

>Same debate as why they should own crimea

If Crimea fell to NATO there would be no way for Russian war ships to move between the black sea and Moscow.
It has actual strategic importance.

bcuz arerikanz are bitch ass niggers who are afraid to poke the bear

Why the fuck do Russians still have so much clay? Its 21st century for fucks sake cant they let go of their imperial dogma and balkanize already for greater freedom and prosperity.

Uh... I live there...

How is it? Can you handle the cold vastness?

Not really.. my arthritis is getting worse each year.

>northern Poland?
THAT'S PRUSSIAN CLAY YOU FAT AMERILARD

Prussians needed to be purged so Soviet Union take the job.

What would be the point of separating groups of people who are carbon copies of one another in every sense of the word? Are you aware of the negative and divisive connotations of the word "balkanize", the prerequisites to which defacto involve regions that are hostile to other regions within the same political union?

And it's worth noting that, despite the large swaths of land we possess, we still have like half the population of the US. That is to say that, assuming your rationale is predicated on "do it just coz 2 many people under the same roof" alone, then the US is twice the likelier candidate for your version of "balkanization"

Read up on history. That will provide you with a correct answer.

No I just think you're to big for global peace and security and therefore need to split up into irrelevant third world countries. It's also unfair that you hold so much resources in siberia, this should be given to UK, USA and Israel instead.

>UK. USA and Israel
>Israel
>ISRAEL
Shlomo, you ain't fooling me this time :^)

I think Russia should just have a small territory near finland and the rest given to Israel, they are G*d's chosen people after all and the holocaust aswell

Is the place at least beautiful? Or just snowy all over?

Indeed, Russia should act responsibly and donate land to God's chosen people, it would only be fair and morally right to do so.

>The Russians made an offer to give it back to Germany after the wall came down
Source?

>Królewiec
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

retarded memes

russia went through 2 bloody wars in the 90' for a tiny shithole full of radical muslims called chechnya and it still technicality at war with Japan because some shitty rocks called kurils

poltards just like to spout their memes

>it's german because le funny pol meme told me so
Not really mate

also same goes for HURR LE RUSSIANS WANTED TO SELL KARELIA TO LE FINNS BUT WE DONT VANT IT BCUZ FULL OF LE RUISIIANS :DDDDDDDDDDDD

Yet they were so willing to give away 30% of their land and 50% of their population in 1991. They didn't even give a fuck about Crimea then I'm sure Kanliningrad was on the table at some point.

RSFSR gave away zero territory retarded bong

it used to be Russian before it was German but it NEVER has been Polish

>RSFSR
>meme soviet republics
Look at all that territory that Russia doesn't own anymore.

lol

Russia kept lands that were predominately Russian populated or at the very least controlled throught most of it's history through Muscovy, the Russian Tsardom and the Russian Empire.

It was a capital of Ducal Prussia, fief of Poland for almost 200 years. What the fuck are you on about?

hahaha

there's not a single prussian monument, not a single german speaker, and very few of german descent living there. safe to say it hasn't been german for a long time, just like berlin will soon be

Except you're denying Russia lost any territory.
Top kek. Guess Ukraine or belarus weren't predominantly Russian populated but Chechnya was :^)

They lost land, 30% of their land and 50% of population, it happens, get over it.

outdated map
half of georgia and crimea is ours once again.

>Nothern Poland

>americans