FASTER THAN A BULLET

FASTER THAN A BULLET

Attached: halford.jpg (980x653, 120K)

TERRIFYING SCREAM

Attached: EVIL'S GOING UNDER DEADLY WHEEEEEEEEELS.jpg (300x300, 21K)

ENRAGED AND FULL OF ANGER

Attached: download.png (225x225, 6K)

HE'S HALF-MAN AND HALF-MACHINE

Attached: 1150325224454.gif (240x160, 1.91M)

gayer than a metalhead

RIDES THE METAL MONSTER

Attached: 1150863003246.jpg (299x461, 23K)

>last night was first show having to carry on without Glenn
>with two young guys Painkiller now is back to original tempo

Attached: 1509920877521.jpg (640x586, 40K)

His hands finally fall off?

Didn't you hear? He was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease. To be fair, Glenn's live performances had been slipping for some time--the early signs of this condition have been there a while.

Judas Priest

Meltdown [1970s]

Everything Rocks and Nothing Ever Dies [1990s]

Attached: christgau1med.jpg (400x266, 18K)

>Judas Priest guitarist Glenn Tipton has revealed that he's been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease — and will be sitting out most, if not all, of the band's tour dates in support of their upcoming Firepower LP.
>Tipton, 70, joined Judas Priest prior to the recording of their first album, 1974's Rocka Rolla, and has remained a steady fixture of the lineup since. According to a statement issued by the band, Tipton isn't quitting, although he's currently only able to "play and perform some of the Priest songs that are less challenging" and "due to the nature of Parkinson's progression he wants to let you all know that he won't be be touring as such."

>less challenging songs
I guess stuff like Breaking The Law and YGATTC is easy to play, I assume it's songs like Painkiller and maybe Exciter that he can't handle--the fast songs with complex licks.

I'm not sure Glenn ever could play live Painkiller note for note, I always thought that song had a lot of studio overdubs. From the tabs I've seen, I don't see how any mortal human could play that stuff.

I heard people saying that ever since the early 2000s, he'd often look like he was in pain while performing.

Why can't this guy get Parkinson's instead?

But let's be honest. Without Tipton and Downing (who's been gone for years) it's just a Halford solo act.

>Fight reunion when
>except Russ Parrish (Satchel from Steel Panther) is off doing that

I'll accept the lineup as it is for the time being given they had to throw Sneap into the band last second, but if they want to continue after all the Firepower touring obligations I'd want to see them continue as Halford.

Anything off of Hell Bent For Leather I think would be pretty easy, those are slower, shorter songs.

Nah, Priest are way better than the New York Dolls. Sorry, Bob.

From a purely technical standpoint, Glenn peaked as a guitarist in the 90s after their commercial heyday was over. Painkiller and the Ripper albums have some really difficult licks in them.

Tipton the greatest riff writer/traditional metal guitarist besides Iommi? The guy has a book full of memorable songs, riffs and solos.

He should have limited his contributions to playing because a great songwriter Glenn is not. All of their more cheesy songs were written by him. Rob can write some good lyrics--the two Fight albums had a level of depth and maturity that Priest never reached. For comparison, the two Ripper albums were 90% Glenn's songwriting and holy god, did an 11 year old write that shit?

>Tipton the greatest riff writer/traditional metal guitarist besides Iommi?
Jimmy Page?

>inb4 stolen blues licks

He also smokes KK Downing from a technical standpoint but could never match Downing's live performances.

>tfw you'll never see KK orgasming on stage for 10 minutes again while playing Sinner

It's not clear exactly why Downing quit the band, but I think he'd been marginalized and left out of the band's creative process since early on and he was probably pretty butthurt over it. I mean, he was one of the original members of Priest and then Halford and Tipton totally overshadowed him. All he had were his epic live renditions of Sinner.

Ian Hill...man, you gotta admire his dedication doing the same thing for almost 50 years.

I don't listen to fagmusic

weak

Parkinson's is a condition that just kind of happens and they don't really understand what causes it. Although decades of living the rock star lifestyle might play a part.