Has this country ever amounted to anything? I'm not being demeaning here I really want to know

Has this country ever amounted to anything? I'm not being demeaning here I really want to know.
Looking at it small, wealthy protestant nation with homogenous white society had all the qualifications to be influental yet I cannot name you one cultural or scientific achievement from there. So yeah sorry for my ignorance but why is/has Holland been so underperforming.

inb4 migrant discussion I obv mean historically

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_Golden_Age_painting
youtube.com/watch?v=J-SnkWCNBLQ
youtube.com/watch?v=lxBANie_LdM
youtube.com/watch?v=dG7MWiwctME
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dutch_inventions_and_discoveries
youtube.com/watch?v=zPIhMJGWiM8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

VOC Hans , we ruled the world.

We controlled the seas
We controlled the markets
We controlled black people's lives as we were the first to trade slaves

We did everything you couldn't Hans

Go back to suck Ahmed's cock

This.

Also, give back bikes.

kek

Please return our bicycles.

That's my point dingus
What came out of it? What the hell did you guys do with all that prosperity? You weren't a huge military power, no extraordinary landmarks, no nation of thinkers or cultural achievements.
Da fuck you been doing throughout history?

We had the biggest trade empire in the world for a while.

We also defeated the english numerous times.

Pretty good accomplishments for such a small nation.

We also discovered Australia and build the basis on which new york came to be.

Oh and south africa

Oh, and for a cultural achievement, I kindly present to you "apartheid"

>no cultural achievements

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_Golden_Age_painting

We actually had colonies while you stayed on the continent like a cuck.
youtube.com/watch?v=J-SnkWCNBLQ

see black people, it wasn't white people that are responsible for slavery. just the god damn dutch

this plus the fact that we are the worlds leader in stopping peoples houses from flooding. 5th most competing economy of the world. Leader in people with engineer degrees.

>The Netherlands performs well in many measures of well-being relative to most other countries in the Better Life Index. The Netherlands ranks top in work-life balance and above the average in jobs and earnings, housing, education and skills, subjective well-being, environmental quality, personal safety, and health status.

Also, we don't have 1 million "Syrians" who will breed out our natives in 40 years.

You're goddamn right.

Germans possessed Tanzania, Papau New Guinea, Cameroon and Namibia matey.

can we bomb you so we don't have to say sorry to black people?

and we still have Zwarte Piet.

Nice

To all the tards mindlessly repeating colonialism colonialism the whole time I get it. But what came out of that empire?

>You weren't a huge military power
During the 17th century we had a larger fleet than the rest of Europe combined, including Britain.
>no extraordinary landmarks
We created the entire land from water. youtube.com/watch?v=lxBANie_LdM
>no nation of thinkers
We have comparatively more nobel prizes per capita than Germany. Pic is world map based on scientific research papers produced.

How about the first microscope? The CD ? The first international law. Thousands of developments in bio science, waterworks, ship design, physics and much more.

>Germany already trying to bring based toothpaste down so they don't quit the EU aswell

First NExit, then DExit lads

Ooooorrrr ... you could spend 10 minutes on google and read up on history a bit. Do your own fucking homework, Hans.

Yeah, you Dutch had a pretty comfy empire.

We invented modern banking and stock trading
We shaped modern capitalism

I'm Dutch BTW
Ignore the flag

>1000 year Reich

They were good at buizness and had a good anvy

>We created the entire land from water. youtube.com/watch?v=lxBANie_LdM
That's pretty cool

>We have comparatively more nobel prizes per capita than Germany
What are the big names? The go-tos for Dutch achievements? Van Gogh of course but who else? Again I want to learn not insult

>You weren't a huge military power
Biggest fleet, owned the seas for year, Blew the fuck out of England multiple times

>no extraordinary landmarks
nigger we created an island (wiki: "The Flevopolder in the Netherlands is 970 km2 and is the largest island formed by reclaimed land in the world.")

>no nation of thinkers or cultural achievements.
Erasmus, van Gogh are just a few.

>Da fuck you been doing throughout history?
A lot, what did you do?

Also the Dutch empire heavily influenced Russia and modernized Japan

nexit when tbqhfamalam

for years** ofcourse

Yeah I get it yours was bigger.

But remember you were on an island while we had angry germans next to us, rebelling belgians and habsburgs that hated us.

>We invented modern banking and stock trading
>We shaped modern capitalism
True I guess. Amsterdam is the most beautiful city I've ever been too. What you doing in Czechia?

No it's their own fault. African tribes back then constantly conquered each other and then sold the opposing tribes. They basically deported all of their strong nigger men capable of building societies for jackshit.

>it's another ''my country is bigger than your country'' episode
bully a country your own size, faggot. we're better than you per capita. higher average IQ, lower crime rates, and above you on the human development index.

Don't forget the Spaniards... THE FUCKING SPANIARDS REEEEEEEEEE

Enjoying a white country
Is it normal for Germans to go here as I've met quite a lot

Up until the 1600s the Dutch had one of the biggest trade empires in the world. Until the collapse of imperialism they owned several colonies, and even traded modern NYC with the English for ownership of the spice nations

There is a difference between your Empire and the Dutch Trading Empire.

One is to make lotsa money, the other to conquer as much land and people as possible (even costing you money at times).

the Dutch shouldn't have joined the euro, they would be rich af if they didnt.

They just transported them
They did no do the enslaving

> Da fuck you been doing throughout history?

we got fucked over by our neighbours m8. I imagine if we'd had some better natural borders, more terrain and religious unity the Netherlands (& Flanders) would have been in an even better position now

True. I guess they influenced most of modern Europe heavily.

>A lot, what did you do?
See I want to know that lot. I didn't mean to insult the dutch it just that never anybody mentions something important done by dutch so I ask. Sorry for antagonizing in my OP

We had no choice
Our prime minister before the Euro linked the Guilder to the Mark

I meant them with the habsburgs

Nederbros just ignore that uneducated Krautsalat, you have one of the most interesting European history, considering the size of your country.
Please don't leave the EU

t. definetly not Merkel

Has this country ever amounted to anything? I'm not being demeaning here I really want to know.
Looking at it big, wealthy unitedt nation with homogenous white society had all the qualifications to be influental yet I cannot name you one cultural or scientific achievement from there. So yeah sorry for my ignorance but why is/has Reich been so underperforming.

inb4 migrant discussion I obv mean historically

d-delete this.
youtube.com/watch?v=dG7MWiwctME

>nazi germany
>no scientific achievements
pick one.

Another uneducated anglo talking shit about EU whilst knowing nothing about it. Google 'What is EU' like all of your other countrymen had to do AFTER VOTING faggot.

why are danes always based? i've never danes acting like faggots.

my bad

No it's not. I intended it to be a learning about Holland thread I just fucked up the wording

Yeah I guess. Been there often my friends there told me many Germans come. Less since EURO though

lold

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dutch_inventions_and_discoveries

Literally one google search m8

Unethical research which taught us a lot

>White society

Our nigger infection is worse than yours, we already lost 3 provinces to kebab and niggers.

Fuck you for stealing south africa from us. Hope the uk gets so isolated that you all starve.

>yet I cannot name you one cultural or scientific achievement from there.

>mfw they don't know

Also the first to find Australia. Thought the natives of Tasmania were giants and left. I'd like to think that, given their track record, if the Dutch colonised Australia our natives would have been rid of long ago.

Goddamn does it feel good to be dutch

>inb4 CuckCourse
>inb4 John "dick in my cheerios" Green

youtube.com/watch?v=zPIhMJGWiM8

>go to Australia and New Zealand
>it only has angry natives and no natural riches to speak off
>leave to Indonesia

dutch always were scheming jews and few know it

They're not slaves, they're our friends.

Sssht. Don't tell them. Especially not about Hugo de Groot.. They might realise we're actually the orignal Crypto-Jew.

When it comes to dykes and levees the Netherlands are great.

We had the largest fleet in Europe and one of the largest armies in Europe during the War of the Spanish Succession. William 3 ruined the Netherlands in favour of the UK

>They actually went to Africa and UNIRONICALLY colonised it
>They ACTUALLY colonised the streetshitters
>They ACTUALLY and UNIRONICALLY taught them the English language, and took them up into the Commonwealth of nations

It's like you intentionally destroyed your own nation and identity.. Like the French. Why would you EVER teach the savages your culture and language? Didn't you realise what would happen?

> check history about EU
> Netherlands is a founding member

Why.jpg

We had a "union" of trade going on already and thought that joining a larger one would be just like adding more members
Boy were we wrong

First functional submarine
Wifi
Bluetooth
Donuts
4 wheel drive
the eye test
the fire hose
stocks
1st transnational corporation
we're nr. 2 agri exporter in the world (17 million people though

We're basically everything you want to be but we don't go around destroying Europe every 75 years Hans.

Also MUH BIKE

WE INVENTED WIFI REEEEEEE

Also
>Indonesia
I've heard your history about the Dutch is full of lies
So tell me
What are you thought about colonial times?

Because the Original 6 were pretty fucking swell... Note we did not start a union with 28 Member States... That came later.
>tfw GREECE wasn't even a part of the original treaties
>tfw the BRITS actually begged to join years after the inception of the Union

We should have never expanded beyond the original 6. As a matter of fact, we probably shouldn't have included Italy to begin with...

Michiel de Ruyter, Erasmus, Rembrandt, Vermeer.

Some Dutch-Americans include Martin van Buren, Theodore Roosevelt, and Thomas Edison.

The most cucked nation on earth

aber, aber..,wir sind weltmeister

cucks

Have you ever been to an art museum?

From what I understand is that they're taught we opressed them (not entirely untrue), and Soekarno saved them (not entirely true). The Malaku and Papua are conveniently not mentioned in Indonesian accounts of that period...

It doesn't matter though. We already took all we needed from them
>pic related
HHHHNNNGGGG

>Forgetting Baruch de Spinoza

OY VEY

Gercucks BTFO

who?

>Rembrandt
Oh yeah forgot about him.
Don't care about emigrants here though just the nation

No to mention the invention of the microscope, discovery of bacteria.
You're all welcome.

t. Delft

3 province capitols.

Utrecht isn't fucked mate, only the city.

Capcha: pick all bicycles

Widely considered the greatest philosopher of our country. Also a Jew, though he was exiled by the Jewish community of Amsterdam for his radical views they deemed unacceptable... He was basically an atheist avant la lettre. Half of Amsterdam is named after him...

Fries and samuraisauce is fucking great. Amsterdam is comfy but there's too many seedy arabs downtown. The Dutch people I met were pretty cool. I like your country/10

T O T A L . F O O T B A L L
(also dyke plugging master race)

Samuraisauce? Never heard anyone call it that.

>samuraisauce
That's Belgian.

>Amsterdam is comfy but there's too many seedy arabs downtown.

Amsterdam has been a seedy city historically.. You do realise that that is the appeal, right? Go to Haarlem or Delft if you want Amsterdam's quaintness without the sex and drugs (or less of it anyway).. Leiden is nice too, but is a bit less sophisticated as a city. People have been coming from Amsterdam for the prostitutes and freedoms for literal centuries... If that's not what you're looking for, you're in the wrong place.

the GERM-MAN

the Portugese and Brits transported way more slaves though. we were only responsible for a couple percent

Jewish-Dutch-Portuguese philosopher responsible for today's super-valorization of the body and emotion and undermining the importance of rational thought

>We were the first to trade slaves
>First to trade slaves
>Trade slaves
>Trade

Africans sell each other all the time, still do and they did then

Yes. Many say he layed down the foundation for our free and godless society.

I kind of like him for that, people from more traditional countries tend to disagree.

We had the East India Company, infinitely more significant and was it's own army.

Exactly this. If you can't sue Google for piracy just because you can use it to find torrents, don't blame us for slavery. We were simply providing a service.

And we had the Vereenigde Oost-Indische Compagnie, the West-Indische Compagnie, and the Noordse Compagnie, and those three though chartered, also had access to their own armies..

They've achieved quite a lot for their size and population, still don't have a world cup though.

I was just there to smoke weed and bang whores, though I did enjoy meandering for a few days. Nice little vacation.

I'm probably confusing it, I was in Belgium before I saw Amsterdam.

>Didn't you realise what would happen?
well no because we were the first to do it