Would Catalonia get past the World Cup qualifiers? How far could they realistically go?

Would Catalonia get past the World Cup qualifiers? How far could they realistically go?

Basically sweden tier

Basically England tier

Beaten if they come up against Spain

Yeah

National teams on Spain have at minimum half Catalan roster

>implying crybaby Spain would ever agree to play against them

They refuse to play Gibraltar, threatened to end their FIFA membership over their acceptance. Catalonia would send them into a full on tard rage.

It would be hilarious, desu
This team would classify for the WC for sure, but Xavi, Puyol are retired and Valdes and Cesc are shit now.

They would be a strong side.
Don't you have a nigger dick to suck you burger faggot?

They d be stuck in pot2-3 for life. Qualification for WC would never be guaranteed. Qualification for Euros now that there are 24 teams seems pretty lock for every semi decent team.

maybe they could come out of retirement and play for 1 or 2 years

In 5 years they will look like absolute shit

>Iniesta

iniesta is not from catalonia

Implying that Barcelona's academy won't have new talents for the NT by then.
That's a big blow but Aleix Vidal can play at the left flank as an inverted winger. They would still qualify to the world cup.

Messi can declare to play for catalonia
So does iniesta
Depends on their citizenship laws

Diego Costa is not from spain

>Implying that Barcelona's academy won't have new talents for the NT by then.
Barcelona's academy is a meme. Who's the last real world class player it produced after the Busquets/Pique/Pedro generation?

I think that once you play for a NT on an official match you can't play for another NT. Although the example is good and actually shows that a Catland NT would be quite good

FIFA allowed previously capped players to represent Kosovo so if Catalonia gets their own NT the same would likely apply.

Rafinha and Icardi count?

Icardi counts, but he wouldn't be eligible to play for the Scatalan NT.

would they make a special rule for catalans who have played for spain? that they can switch nationalities?

Why are all the idiots here thinking Catalonia would suck? Spain would be worse of the 3 Iberian nations if Catalonia were to be go alone. Catalons are the reason Spain won the 3 trophies.

I haven't watched them play but Barcelona B is a stable team in segunda division. There will be new talents coming up.

Are there any good players from French Catalonia?

Lloris is of Catalan descent, I know that.

>Iniesta
Why are you so dumb?

The core was from Barcelona but most of it was not Catalan. The current catalan NT would suck balls. They barely have 3 starting players currently in the Spanish NT

>French Catalonia
as a catalan let me tell you there's no concept of french catalonia in catalan identity

historically some territories were under one country or another but there's no feeling or intention of belonging or any 'sovereign connection' beyond the history books, unlike basque independentists with the french basque territories

if lloris was born in france, he's french, as anybody else born there

Yeah I know, I was just curious. Like how you have French Basque players like Laporte and Deschamps

exactly, that's why I compared it to the basques

to answer the original question, I wouldn't even know of any 'french catalan' players and I'm sure there are plenty, mostly because they are either considered french or spanish/catalan with no cultural linger or strings

Go and suck a nigger dick fucking burger cunt

The current Catalan NT would be on level with Croatia, Netherlands et cetera. They would have a good chance of qualifying to the world cup.

Yeah they have the level of subpar NTs. Shitty countries make the WC all the tine

Chaco Giménez of Cruz Azul capped for both Argentina and Mexico

For starters, they'd be unseeded, so that means two really tough opponents in the group. It's doable, but more likely in a second qualifying campaign.

You can change if it's for a country that previously wasn't FIFA recognised.

you can change for whatever reason, but you have make a case in front of fifa and they have to give you permission

once you change of nt, you can't take part in the same competitions you did with your previous nt, and qualifiers count as part of a competition

Iniesta wasn't born in Catalonia but he's lived long enough there to be Catalan. He's even played for the Catalan NT. Look it up.

Messi will switch over to the Catalan NT, reach the World Cup final with them, then lose it against Argentina due to a Higuain hattrick

Messi has played in Catalonia for 14 years; can he play too?

You seem confused OP, Catalonia is a province of Spain.

Sure he can. If he wants to. Might have some trouble with FIFA but that applies to anyone who's played NT football before.

No, because any decent player would just play for Spain