Green Day is the best punk rock band of all time and no one can convince me otherwise

Green Day is the best punk rock band of all time and no one can convince me otherwise

Attached: GreenDay.jpg (352x288, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mg5Bp_Gzs0s
youtube.com/watch?v=bm6Iz-I5OmQ
youtube.com/watch?v=HFTH5QzxEvQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ok. Have fun enjoying green day

>youtube.com/watch?v=mg5Bp_Gzs0s
>youtube.com/watch?v=bm6Iz-I5OmQ
>tfw green day is so great that they have to steal a simple riff from a dead, cocaine addicted, fake-homosexual cuck

You know, I used to hate how sterile and limp American Idiot sounded, but I realized that it makes perfect sense in the context of what the album's going for.

Didn't they support Hillary Clinton? Does't sound very punk to me

Kurt was a beautiful artist and visionary for the world. And plus, he did heroin.

You mean the context of being a limp cuck?

Attached: Comb12032018082511.jpg (1080x960, 349K)

We know it's you Jon.

The album's kinda about how people have like dreams and shit but end up following none of them, resulting in a more sterile, limp life so yeah.

>been around since the late 80's and still making music for 13 year old edgy fat girls

I said american was not even green day's best album and I got a reply like this

>green day's best album is their least """punk""" one

Attached: 220px-Green_Day_-_Warning_cover.jpg (220x220, 15K)

maybe if they stopped making music after american idiot

Green Day is just the poor man's Blink 182.

This

Green day is so damn punchable to me it hurts

Territorial pissings was stolen from the ramones

If American Idiot didn't spoon feed its concepts this would've been completely accurate

What the fuck are you talking about? Green Day was literally the inspiration for Blink 182; most of their music is just pastiches of Kerplunk and Dookie. And plus, Blink 182 wishes they made a concept album as grandiose as American Idiot.

I unironically love Green Day

I know they're simple pop punk for 13 year old rebels, but they were the first band I ever discovered and introduced me to music. Their stuff is catchy and I like Billie's lyrics. Their best album is Nimrod and Dookie, but all of their stuff is very inoffensive and listenable. Don't understand the vitriol they inspire.

green day is the band that gets you into other bands

They would be the best punk band, too bad they aren't punk

>no one can convince me otherwise

Then why bother making a thread?

>didn't spoonfeed it's concepts
I don't get how making concepts more subtle or hidden makes a work more intelligent

While I do think Warning is underrated, I can't say it's their best. Green Day are one of those bands where it's impossible for me to pick a favorite album, they're pretty consistent to me. Revolution Radio could've been a bit more memorable though.

Because... every once in a pallid, white shadow, one ruffian rides from his slumber. The conflict of usurping the thoughts of the guardian awakens him, and he grabs his scepter to carve an arrow. This perilous weapon penetrates the OP's moronic opinion, and lets the anti-hero become the true master of Sup Forums. It's the new that matters, not the ancient.

Guarantee they made 95% of their money on Good Riddance before American Idiot.

Everything prior to the trilogy and Revolution Radio is good.

>Someone actually thought American Idiot was so groundbreaking and profound that they had to write this

Wrong. Sure, they got too famous to fit such a genre, but they have all the characteristics of Punk. Heavy, distorted power chords with relatively loud vocals and epic lyrics.

Attached: Screenshot_20180216-144703.png (1080x1920, 164K)

>punk rock

OK :)

Bump

Once more.

21st Century Breakdown is underrated

They were good until Nimrod.

>American Idiot is bad meme

This. Way better songwriting than AI but the production hurts it a bit. Still an excellent record.

The best Punk band can't exist outside of 1976-1979

American idiot would be good if it wasn't Green Day
the album ruined the band, before it was almost completely free of political bullshit and was mostly just three guys who'd do meth then jump up on stage to make good pop punk songs about being a lowlife or being in shitty relationships or for one song dressing up like a girl
now their old and edgy with equally annoying fans

The production is too sterile and it sounds like Green Day doing a parody of themselves imo. Just because it has a political concept that you probably agree with doesn't make the album good.

>it sounds like Green Day doing a parody of themselves
Not even close. If anything, that's more of Insomniac or Nimrod. American Idiot was much more interesting musically than anything Green Day or any Pop Punk band ever did. Instead of writing clichés on suburban angst like on Dookie, they actually focused their efforts on something deep and meaningful, and successfully accomplished that with not a single flaw.

The Ramones

Same dude

>punk
>rock

>makes the same song for 30 years
what did they mean by this?

Attached: download (5).jpg (310x163, 8K)

Name one (1) song that sounds like Jesus of Suburbia from any artist, Green Day included.

>name another pseudo-punk generic power chord song bet you cant.

Attached: 1519338672342.jpg (628x534, 75K)

The Misfits

Green Day have been a parody of themselves since the late 90's

>green day can't green text

A Quick One While He's Away

youtube.com/watch?v=HFTH5QzxEvQ

Shut up.

fuck you...

Wow that's awful

Green Day is Art Punk.

You might've gotten dubs, but if you think Green Day is the best punk rock band of all time, maybe you should listen to this album first.

Attached: front.jpg (400x400, 48K)

American Idiot is just as good as Zen Arcade.

Not a bad cover, but I think I'll stick with the original, thank you.

Attached: R-3238479-1418681586-9680.jpg (299x300, 15K)

pop-punk at best
great band though

Zen arcade is poser core

fpbp

Green Day is music made by posers

Unironically this.

I can't decide if you're both plebs or soys.

Nice buzzwords, mouthbreather.

True

I was listening to American Idiot at the gym today. It's pretty solid album. Can someone remind me again why I'm not allowed to like it?

Green Day has a spot in my heart and I'm not sure why. I remember listening to Dookie in elementary school in the "computer room" at my house with my best friend. This and Linkin Park.

Attached: sad.png (658x662, 59K)

>their untitled
>Neighborhoods
>+44
>Box Car Racer

>"punk"

Attached: R-381756.jpg (600x600, 83K)

Willem Barents guys...

More like going downhill after American Idiot. 21st Century Breakdown was alright at some parts, while the rest of post-AI stuff is meh.

I don't listen to any punk regularly. But when I do, it's Blink 182.

I hate hardcore shouting and yelling.

Don't reply with actual punk on a pop punk/p4k thread pls.
Just let the posers be or they will start whining about how toxic and elitist we are.

I've got a cold

>boo boo boo nobody understands my songs
So glad he sucked a shotgun in the end. What an air-headed cunt.

because it's very popular?

Not even the best pop punk has to offer

Attached: signals-calls-marches.jpg (225x225, 5K)

Attached: 1408860745071.jpg (300x300, 13K)

My father listens to American Idiot. That should be all you need to know.

your dad is a mega fag

Attached: 1126656232464.png (960x640, 438K)

Green Day is a great band surround by a shit scene and fan base (especially their post 2000 fans)

Yes I breath through my mouth.
What of it?
What else would I breath through, besides my nose?
I'm not a fish. I don't have gills.

>After all I AM a Sup Forumstant, just like you.

So, are you a pleb or a soyboy?

This album is GOAT, but as far removed from Green Day as a punk band can get.

Mine was a Ramones fan.

Attached: Archie Ramones Dadrock.jpg (1944x3040, 3.38M)

>dad likes punk rock
what kind of """"Father""""""""""" did you have?

A nigger. Like you.