COLOSSAL

Gloria (Anne Hathaway) is a blogger who is fired after getting into a flame war with online trolls. She turns to drinking to cope, which strains her relationship with her boyfriend Tim (Dan Stevens), a banker. He breaks up with Gloria, who is forced to move out of his apartment in New York City and return to her parents' house upstate.

Gloria later runs into Oscar (Jason Sudeikis), a childhood friend who has a crush on her and gets her a job as a waitress at his bar. Gloria spends her days partying with Oscar and his friends Garth (Tim Blake Nelson) and Ethan (Austin Stowell), and one day return home to find out that a giant monster has materialized in Seoul and caused widespread destruction.

Gloria finds out that if she goes to a park near her house at a certain time of day, she is able to control the monster's movements, and shares the secret with Oscar, Garth and Ethan. Oscar finds out he also has an avatar, a giant robot, and makes a pact with Gloria to avoid the park to prevent the loss of innocent lives.

However, when Oscar gets friendzoned, he spirals out of control and begins harrassing Gloria, threatening to destroy Seoul if she doesn't obey him, forcing Garth and Ethan into complying with his actions and even getting physically violent. In order to escape from Oscar's toxic masculinity, Gloria must stand up against him, which also leads to an all-out battle between the monster and the robot in the streets of Seoul.

When Gloria tells off Oscar and he loses his grasp over her, the robot disappears. Gloria realizes the monster is a manifestation of her insecurities, and when she overcomes them, it disappears as well. She then moves back to New York with a newfound sense of purpose.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xgN-5lZiohQ
thewrap.com/anne-hathaways-cannes-monster-movie-colossal-sued-by-godzilla-creators/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is that a spiritual sequel to Ella Enchanted?

that sounds terrible

>blogger who is fired after getting into a flame war with online trolls
>toxic masculinity
Why are Tumblr shitposters allowed to make big budget movies now

feminism generally is

What the fugg lmao

>don't trust white guys

It's like a shitty zenpencils strip turned into a movie.

>Not about Anne Hathaway herself becoming colossal and going on a citywide rampage

And skipped

What interested me from the beggining is the mix of a rom com story with Kaiju. And it's coming from the same guy who directed Timecrimes so it's wise to expect some different flair to it.

when I saw the preview I was interested because it seemed like an original idea. The whole feminist propaganda just turned me off the movie completely. Won't even bother pirating it.

because it's a made up synopsis by a Sup Forumsfag?

It's legt bro. Movie was shown on TIFF a while ago.

This could have been fun but sounds fucking horrible...and why does a monster show up so close to North Korea and not invade it. Seems like a missed opportunity.

Is she a tipper?

The monster has no mind of its own.

no, no it isnt

That's the stupidest fucking movie plot I've ever read in my life. Please tell me you literally just made that up.

remember what happened to zoe quinn?
feminism is in dire need

Read literally any review.

>However, when Oscar gets friendzoned, he spirals out of control and begins harrassing Gloria, threatening to destroy Seoul if she doesn't obey him, forcing Garth and Ethan into complying with his actions and even getting physically violent. In order to escape from Oscar's toxic masculinity, Gloria must stand up against him, which also leads to an all-out battle between the monster and the robot in the streets of Seoul.

no official synopsis uses the words "friendzoned" or "toxic masculinity", that's "hilarious" editorializing by you, OP

Those are buzzwords that are dropped in reviews, not synopses.

CUTE.

Outta my way, gojira shits!
youtube.com/watch?v=xgN-5lZiohQ

yeah, made up shit

Literally what the fuck?

This is Freddy got Fingered levels of autism.

Stay in denial, I guess.

holy shit this sounds like tumblr fan fiction

I'd give her six inches plus tip

K I N O

iL LITERALLY READS LIKE ONE OF THOSE IRONIC MOVIE IDEAS YOU FIND SHITPOSTED IN THE Sup Forums THREADS KEK

>Nacho Vigalondo

Biggest hack. Nobody knows because he's not that well known, but his movies are all trash

And he's a huge cokehead

If this encyclopedia length review is too much just read the last two lines of it

I dunno user, i'm with that other user.
Even if hits theaters, even if years passed and it gets re-released on blueray
I prefer to still believe it's an elaborated joke

Another movie that was made to define the Hillary presidency

I think its gunna be gud.

kinda like idiocracy-good

>they actually used Godzilla in the poster without Toho's permission and got sued for it
That's a... weirdly amateurish mistake

It has a very amateurish script so far user.

This is one of the worst movie ideas I've ever heard.

What a literal faggot.

(He makes a point of pointing out in the review that he's male)

>in a poster
Dude he literally say it was a godzilla movie

thewrap.com/anne-hathaways-cannes-monster-movie-colossal-sued-by-godzilla-creators/

>the straight men I saw the film with didn't like it

What did he(?) mean by this?

He's doing exactly that he praises the movie for denouncing: Presenting himself as "not like the other guys" to earn female's favor. In this case, their support in his opinions.

Godzilla is a good friend

Fucking good. Don't taint Godzilla with this trash.

This. You'd expect any different from a no-talent Spic named Nacho?

>Gloria finds out that if she goes to a park near her house at a certain time of day, she is able to control the monster's movements
What in the fuck

(You)

So it's Being John Malkovich with kaiju?

MaRey Sue

Lol, this looks funny

Something something the patriarchy.

Which for some reason only includes straight (white) males.

Dear femanons, the friend zone is real.

You're a cuck if you get stuck in it, but you're a cunt if you know a dude's in it and don't tell him it's never gonna happen or you at least don't stop milking him for favours.

>white people's insecurities get natives killed by the thousands

Is this a metaphor for something?

How will she mentally cope with being responsible for potentially thousands of deaths?

Sounds kind of heavy handed but I'm still interested in it. Depends on how its executed.

>whites
>valuing human life

Pick one

>implying anything matters more than a white woman's feelings

More drinking.

She doesn't need to, she is a woman.

>Gloria finds out that if she goes to a park near her house at a certain time of day, she is able to control the monster's movements

In the trailer she can control the monster in her apartment.

More like "how will she cope with all the razzie awards in the end of the year"

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying other races are worse. Just look at Africa, India, etc..

But why South Korea?

From what I gather she has to go to the park to "activate" the monster, then she can control it wherever she goes until the day ends, then the power wears off and she has to go to the park again the following day.

Because it was advertized as a godzilla movie you mong read the thread

this, why seoul, why not a fucking city that actually has some importance to her life, so the movie has a moral dilemma and isnt as shallow as a fucking pond in the desert