Thailand
Indonesia
Kino from other slanty eyed countries

Not allowed:

Poo-in-loo flicks

Other urls found in this thread:

criterion.com/current/posts/766-chungking-express-electric-youth
youtube.com/watch?v=RoHg-RvcwzE
thedissolve.com/features/movie-of-the-week/221-how-wong-kar-wai-turned-22-seconds-into-an-eternit/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I recently watched pic related. It game me the feels.

What is the appeal of Chungking Express? Dull love stories, the erratic visuals at the beginning hurt my eyes. I've also read people praise the soundtrack, but the synths would've sounded outdated even in the '80s, and, let's not forget, the only western pop song they could afford to license. I liked the unconventional narrative, but everything else was meh. Not a great film at all.

What's Sup Forums's opinion of Slumdog Millionnaire? I thought it was sublime kino

I liked it till I realize that every Indian movie has dancing in it no matter what the plot is.

Slumdog Millionaire isn't even an Indian movie, it's a British movie set in India with a random dance scene at the end as a 'homage' to bollywood

Please don't post about bongshit/curryshit in this thread.

It's got an amazing atmosphere, if you don't find the setting of Hong Kong inherently interesting then it's not for you

There are plenty of films that are set in Hong Kong and are actually interesting. If the only good thing about it is its atmosphere or the fact that it's based in your favourite city, then it's a shit movie. There must be something else you like about it, even if you don't realise what it is.

I just said the atmosphere, if you don't think atmosphere and technique alone can make a good film then you're a plotfag redditor who needs to fuck off.

I don't give a shit about plots. 'Atmosphere' is a vague term. So, what, it made you feel cozy, as though you actually lived in Hong Kong, and made you feel like girls actually took interest in you? You may like that, but I dont. I think that there's more to film than stupid escapism.

>WAAAAAAAH, SPOONFEED ME WHY A WIDELY CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED FILM IS GOOD

Fuck off

criterion.com/current/posts/766-chungking-express-electric-youth
youtube.com/watch?v=RoHg-RvcwzE
thedissolve.com/features/movie-of-the-week/221-how-wong-kar-wai-turned-22-seconds-into-an-eternit/

cambodian here

anyone know any good spider-eater flicks

>Cambodian here
>Posts a pic of someone wearing glasses

Like, Tarantino, like, liked the movie because, like, it's exciting, but, like, it's also real, like, Hong Kong, like.
The first link begins with babbling, then praises the narrative (which earlier I said that I liked), then begins to babble again.
Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. I'm not clicking the third link.

>doesn't like chungking express

what are you a faggot lmao

>fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

ftfy

There's only really one flaw in this film.

Ode to my father is literally the worst movie i've ever seen

Why did i fall for it, Sup Forums?

That's a cute guy.

4u

Gonna watch Night Train tonight

Many thanks to the user who put it up on Mega

Link the mega, fellow kind user?

Don't have the link to hand, but the /ccg/ thread should be archived, it's in there, towards the end

>but the synths would've sounded outdated even in the '80s
You're one of those millenials, ain't you?

Dude, you are brutal.

Thanks pal, d/ling now.

is there a decent streaming service to watch Asian kino on anymore? does Hulu still have Crtierion stuff?

>Women have always been the primary victims of war.

Watch Black Coal Thin Ice as well if you haven't, it's his more famous movie

>Not allowed:
>Poo-in-loo flicks
Satyajit Ray is fucking amazing tho

Filmstruck has Criterion now

You Americans don't know how lucky you are, there is literally nothing comparable to that in the UK except possibly BFI Player which is garbage.

anyone know what film this is from?

My life desu