I just finished freaks and geeks on Netflix. I liked it although some of the characters were annoying as fuck...

I just finished freaks and geeks on Netflix. I liked it although some of the characters were annoying as fuck. Regardless, it felt very honest and it had some really cool scenes like youtu.be/cmCpmEQD0L4 .

However, for the file of me, I couldn't figure our why the hell was Lindsay "rebelling"? She comes across as a spoiled brat, throwing away her good brains and certainly she wasn't redeemed in the end [\spoiler].
Is there some context I am missing? Something about the 80s? Is it a Detroit thing?

What are your thoughts on this series?

How did it feel honest to you? I felt it was very dishonest

Is that Finn Wolfhard?

I think she's one of the best characters on television. She is a goody two shoes who does everything she's supposed to and suddenly she's confronted with the death of her grandmother, the first time she's forced to deal with death and the impermanence of life. She falls into a very realistic and well-played spiritual crisis and her life changes because of it. I found her extremely down to earth and relatable in fact and I really enjoyed Linda Cardellini's performance in this show.

>Rashida Jones will never bully you
>she will never spit and your mouth and slap you
>she will never hold you down and grind you, berating you for liking it
why even live?

She watched her grandmother die and I believe in the process the grandmother said she couldn't see anything that would indicate the existence of an afterlife. This caused an existential crisis in Lindsay who had everything she ever believed in shaken to its core. Hence the rebelling against everything that previously offered her stability in life.

Is there a show on now whose cast you think will all get big, like Freaks and Geeks had?

Ok. But the "crisis" would have prompt her to to more "fun" suff, jumping off a plane with a parachute, idk; but the freaks were hardly fun at all. All they did was being miserable and smoke weed.

Also after she met Neil's college brother I thought she was going to see that college can be fun (duh!). Instead she squanders a one in a lifetime opportunity for touring the country chasing a mediocre band?

Maybe she wasn't so smart after all.

She's a teenager in highschool. She's not going to be jumping out of planes. The freaks weren't happy, that's the point. It's highschool, most people aren't happy in school whether they're freaks or geeks. Most people feel like outcasts in their own way. That's why so many people consider the characters to be so relatable and why those that had a positive highschool experience, such as the then president of NBC, didn't understand the appeal of the show.

>most people aren't happy in school whether they're freaks or geeks.
Projecting

Not to be edgy but it was just her fucking grandma, would agree with everything if it was her mom or dad who died. Also I remember that episode wit Neil's brother she seemed to be admitting that her friends werent enough for her, motivated, etc. but then she just continued to go full JUST mode. Thats when I dropped the show.

So did nbc, apparently.

The ending was super sad, but felt like reality to me, I saw people during my hs years make bad choices and squander opportunities (I've done it too of course) and even then it made me sad see smart people not been able to handle drug usage and make that the focal point of their life. So watching Linda get in the van was bittersweet as I knew I was never going to see her again and that she took a path where's very easy to lose yourself

fuck her, she was stupid.

>those that had a positive highschool experience, such as the then president of NBC, didn't understand the appeal of the show.

lol

Yeah it was fucking dumb, yet believable. I don't know what fiend got into her.

s-stop making me feel this way

lol I thought the same about her and about my former friends when they went off the rails, we tried helping but the second time you come to my house selling your mom shit I'm never speaking to you again, I know this is selfish as fuck but such is life, you have to deal with your own shit and not bother the rest.

Linda's hippie friend driving the van was cute as fuck tho

her name is "anna from the oc"

senpfam, I post this every Freaks and Geeks thread. tbdesu, I'm surprised more people don't feel the same.

>why the hell was Lindsay "rebelling"?

She's your typical middle class teenage spoiled brat.

Nothing to see here.

>anna from the oc
I can't believe I didn't recognize her right away, what a fucking cutie, it was such a shame her story arc was to be in love with Jewboy3000 in the OC and nothing more, she seemed like a confident girl with some wit and funny but it's all for nothing as she is never more than "JB3000 you're awesome and she would be lucky to have you... please notice me and my vag that's already wet for you".

She looked super cute when she dressed like a "proper girl". In the episode where she returns to the mathletes and in the final when she jumps into the bus.

Why girls don't dress like this anymore?

Would you Sup Forums?