Wildcats are a thing that still exist

>Wildcats are a thing that still exist
>Even in Europe
Had no idea, have anyone here seen one? How common are they?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wildcat
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wildcat#Relationships_with_humans
twitter.com/AnonBabble

we have cougars here
no, i know people who has seen them

They're quite rare here

they are called florida panthers but they are cougers

They are very shy and good at hiding. Also mostly sleep during the day.

Yeah we have proper wildcats up in Scotland.

Seen a few Lynxes in the wild in the Carpathians.

He's talking about your typical small wildcats, not big cats.

we have bobcats too

Lynxes are not wildcats.

not big cats, fuck*

They're not wildcats as the op is referring to, no matter how silly they are.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wildcat

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wildcat

Literally did not know these existed. Thought they were like stray dogs, basically the same genotype - but stray cats.

nope not a new world species

Sure, you didn't know? They are common in the Ardennes here, but you won't easily spot them as they are sly and shun humans. They can rape your domestic cat however.

Or are you talking about lynxes? They still exist in Central Europe.

Lynxes supposedly live up the mountain close to where i live, so i knew that they existed.

Nope, i genuinely had no idea

a cute.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wildcat#Relationships_with_humans

Apparently the Brits used to rub wild cat feces on their heads as a treatment against baldness.

Doctors did a lot of weird shit 400 years ago.

in south america we have many species of wild cat the size of a housecat, but they arent the same species as a domestic cat.

Geoffroy's cat, Colocolo, the Kodkod. The first 2 are called Gato Montés (cat from the mounts) by people.
I guess cats never became feral and a problem here because there were already similar species before europeans arrived. they are very antisocial.

We have a Florida panther. The population has been fucked up by development though, to the point they're really inbred and it's hard to have them mate successfully. Our ecology/conservation people are doing a pretty good job at reviving the population though, so that's nice.

C U T E ! ! !

these look like completely normal cats, what's the actual difference between these and pet cats?

It's kinda like wolfs and dogs. They're the wild ancestors of house cats.

I was exploring a ww2 era abandoned ammunition plant and got caught and the security guy told me that it was dangerous because of dangerous wild cats. I mean there's cougars in this country but I didn't think there were any in my state. I was surprised the most dangerous thing there wasn't the fucking horrible condition buildings one of which I nearly broke through the roof of and died.

The wild ones are pretty ferocious, they'll fuck you up good if they consider you a threat. They avoid all human contact.

Die scum

hated those little shits in red dead redemption

Cats are fucking awesome

I see a lot of bobcat tracks when I'm trapping, but you rarely see the cats.
They come out mostly at night, I'll see tracks almost every day, but only see the cats once every 3 or 4 years.

GETCHA HEAD IN THE GAME