"Would I do a lot of things different? Yep, for sure," Ayer said in a reply to a fan on Twitter...

>"Would I do a lot of things different? Yep, for sure," Ayer said in a reply to a fan on Twitter, who called his movie a "masterpiece." After thanking them for their support, he said he "really tried to make something different, with a look and voice of its own."

>In retrospect, Ayer said he wishes he could go back and do things differently. "Wish I had a time machine," he added. "I'd make Joker the main villain and engineer a more grounded story."

>After acknowledging the film's shortcomings and the criticism it received, Ayer said he was happy to have the opportunity to make the film and said he plans to do right by DC fans next time. "I love making movies and I love DC," he said. "I'm lucky to have the job I have. I have to give the characters the stories and plots they deserve next time."

We were robbed of JokerKino

uk.ign.com/articles/2017/01/22/suicide-squad-director-david-ayer-wishes-hed-made-joker-the-main-villain

The less of Leto's Joker the better tbqh

>"I'd make Joker the main villain and engineer a more grounded story."

The nerve of this character...

DCucks on suicide skwad watch

But why would they organize a group like Suicide Squad to go after Joker? Come on Ayer.

Considering the current state of DCEU, either Ayer will get cut because DC doesn't want "comic writers" directing their movies or WB will meddle in his next project just to make it as popular as Marvel.

I honestly can't think of a worse company when it comes to capeshit, at least with Disney they learned to back off and let their directors do their jobs. With WB and DC though, they just can't help engineering stinkers in either the box office or critical reception.

he never said he planned to make it that way.
only that he wished he did it differently after it was shit

Why would you ask that question? Obviously the Joker can have infinite resources. Obviously the Joker can use other villains as pawns. The sky is the limit.

Do not want. At all.

Maybe DCEU Joker found a way to engineer joker gas and is threatening to use it on a large scale.

It's not hard to come up with a reason why the Suicide Squad would go after Joker, especially when you consider how many people he has murdered over the years and how many government agencies IRL would label him a terrorist because of it.

The fucking animated movie Assault on Arkham would have translated so goddamn seamlessly to the big screen, but NOOOOO Gotta have that fucking star power with Cara all that stupid fucking bullshit.
You could have introduced the Joker proper and gave us more Batman. Honestly, watch Assault on Arkham and compare it to Sewerside Squad. Doesn't even compare.

>Suicide Squad sent on several trial missions that they pass, then sent on ultra super top secret mission
>discover the bad guy is Joker
>Harley torn between her loyalty to pudding and her teammates
>Joker goes to kill Harley
>suddenly a Batarang hits him in the shoulder
>Joker's face turns even whiter than usual as he looks around for Batman
>'ANDS OFF THE SHEILA YA BOGAN PUSS, SHE'S WID US!

>but NOOOOO Gotta have that fucking star power with Cara all that stupid fucking bullshit.
They could've just made her part of the team. That would still fly against your autistic cartoon though.

>Le autism LMAO xD
You DCucks are so pathetic. Don't even read the comics yet you believe that you hold an authority on how comic book characters are supposed to be portrayed in your shitty movies.

>the box office

They've had absolutely 0 flops as far as the DCU goes. They are averaging about $10 million less after 3 movies than what Marvel are after 14.

Most of Marvel's movies are modest successes, and TIH flopped. Anything $1b+ has Robert Downey Jr in it. They've done a good job, but the idea that WB are financially struggling is a meme.

>They've had absolutely 0 flops as far as the DCU goes.
Wait until WW comes out.

>TIH
What's that?

The Incredible Hulk

>Don't even read the comics yet you believe that you hold an authority on how comic book characters are supposed to be portrayed in your shitty movies.
When did I claim to have authority over anything? Not that it matters at all but

I've read every Scott Snyder Batman comic up to Endgame before dropping it since there's no point in reading more.
've read the first 3 Case Files of Judge Dredd.
I've read Batman Earth One
I've read The Dark Knight Returns
I've read Manifest Destiny
I've read Superman Red Son
I've read Watchmen
I've read the Alien/Batman comics and the Predator/Batman comics
I've read Killing Joke
I've read Kingdom Come
I'll admit just like every DC cartoon movie Assault On Arkham is cheap crap. Not worth shilling at all.

Congratulations. You proved to that manchild that you are also a manchild

You're a manchild too otherwise you'd be pleasing friends or family instead of posting on Sup Forums of all places

>pleasing friends or family

l-lewd

You need to understand that at the time the incredible hulk came out, there had already been a shitty Hulk movie and the MCU wasn't firmly established yet.

That's not to say it wasn't a weak movie when compared against the MCU as a whole but at the time, nobody really suspected that the Hulk movie would later play into the MCU as a whole.
>inb4 well people are judging SS even though its the third movie
The difference between MCU and DCEU comes down to this.

MCU, regardless of how you feel about it, managed to construct a cinematic universe that links every movie in its franchise together in a way that gave them critical and commercial success.

DCEU on the other hand has yet to make one movie that anyone outside of Sup Forums and maybe Sup Forums would admit to being good movies and its because they're more concerned with playing catch-up than establishing what separates their cinematic universe from Marvel.

>there had already been a shitty Hulk movie

oh boy, here we go, hope you mean the Death of the Incredible Hulk

I would have loved if they took the plot of assault on arlham but replaced Batman with Nightwing as the infiltrator.

I reckon Ayer did some stupid shit like refuse to watch that version, to avoid getting ideas.

He needed them desu.