Why are meat loafs the symbol of bad food in american tv shows?

Why are meat loafs the symbol of bad food in american tv shows?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5uXIPhxL5XA
healthyeating.sfgate.com/typical-calories-burned-sedentary-lifestyle-5270.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Easy to make a bad dry meatload

poor people food.
low grade meat scraped off the floor from the slaughterhouse.

They are?

By lowest common denormienator.

it's an abomination of processed meat and cheap carbs.

Name five (5) television shows that do this.

It's cheap ground beef (not ground steak) with bread crumbs (filler) in it. It's a cheap way to feed a family.

Meatloaf is good as shit though if you make it correctly.

This

more like abnormienation

My mom's meatloaf is god tier.

All the sitcoms about middle class families.

Yeah. you want it juicy like this

>walmart hamburger
>mixed with chopped onions and premade seasoning
>slathered in ketchup
>thrown in the oven until it's done
Literally only a woman would be lazy enough to invent and cook something this horrible.

Because bad meatloaf is the most bland, unexciting meal in existence.

No five (5) of which has stated or implied that meatloaf is bad. They simply state that generic housewife makes it too often.

Then it's made wrong.

>he doesn't revel in the glory of meat
Turn in your man card

I'm calling the police, jack

>someone actually took the time to make this image

This is how a man does meatloaf you feminized fatty. Make a vow right now to never eat shit food again.

What is that delicious looking mud stuff between the meat and the bread?

Stuff it with cheese and wrap it in bacon. You can eliminate most of the carbs by not using bread crumbs as a filler.

mushrooms, seasoning, and a layer of ham.

*bbbbbrrrrrrpppppp*

Mmmm feed me your meatloaf mommy

*bbbbbbrrrraaaaaaaaaaapppppp*

Yummmm mmmm quite exquisite. A strange aftertaste however mmmm

This nigga knows whats up

youtube.com/watch?v=5uXIPhxL5XA

duxelles (mushrooms, onions, shallots, herbs and butter) and a pate of sorts (usually foie gras)

I'm sorry your mother sucked at making meatloaf.

>good poor people food
>not the traditional ham and cheese sandwich.
Plebs step up.

>processed meat

We're considering ground beef to be processed meat now? Processed meat is mechanically/chemically separated meat that's then mixed with a bunch of nitrates and preservatives then machined into some shape like a log, then sliced and packaged. Think luncheon meats, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, canned meats. Ground beef is just ground up chuck and fat. It's not even the scraps, those go into hot dogs.

Ugh oh god, is that covered in ketchup?

It's mostly in cartoons that it's bad

Because it's easy to stereotype
Like kids hating brocolli or brussel sprouts

what the fuck is that pink shit on the bread? Why are americans so gross?

Meatloaf goes with ketchup
How do you eat it with?

>this """""meatloaf"""""
Why can't brits cook? An entire country, and quite possibly the worst cuisine.

I make a roll out of it. Meatloaf stuffed with cheese, ham and spinach. That shit is top notch, faggots.

Ketchup is the devil's condiment. It smells, looks and tastes gross. Why would anyone put candy on their meats?

His constant jittery and sudden hand gestures make me feel fucking anxious. It's like he's on cocaine or something.

hamburger is the least manliest way to eat beef. stop being a nigger.

>meatloaf
>british

umm no sweetie xxx

Scotland has the worst food in the world.
England used to be the champ but then Scotland discovered the deep frier and it's been downhill since then

I said bad meatloaf is shit, I never said my mom made bad meatloaf. Its better than your slutty mom's garbage meatloaf.

If everyone thought like you, there would be no OC, and Sup Forums would still be a really niche site where some nerds talked about anime

lol wut

There's plenty of highly-regarded British chefs.
Brits can cook fine - a lot of their traditional recipes just suck.

Well at least its a change of pace, instead of the star wars and capeshit threads.

YOU WANNA GO, M8?! I'LL BOP U 1!

Nothing wrong with a good meatloaf.

It's jam. Ham and cheese sandwiches often use jam as a dressing in place of mayo or whatever else. It tastes good, adds a hint of sweetness to the savory saltiness of the meat and cheese.

Also, that's not nearly as gross as some of the shit that comes out of England like fucking blood pudding and the abominable mash-up of shit known as the "full English breakfast" (pic related).

It's not a fucking steak, who the fuck doesn't put ketchup on a hamburger?

Meatloaf again?

Meatloaf, smeatloaf, double-beatloaf. I hate meatloaf.

People with a working palate.

That plate looks scrumptious, a cheese and ham sandwich needs no hints of sweetness. Not everything you eat has to taste like a bag of garbage, with every flavour being represented poorly.

Blood sausage is a world wide thing you pleb.

Americans always knock blood pudding because of the name
>eeeeeeeew blood? Like my periods? Grooossss
That's you. that's what you sound like

It's actually delicious

Show me how the piggies eat!

Well, it's fucking disgusting and anyone who eats it isn't allowed to call any homemade American food gross. At least we don't eat literal coagulated blood wafers.

*some normie redditor

Except that image looks like it was created by reddut.

looks yummy as fuck

The only thing I've ever heard as a solid defense of blood pudding is that it tastes good because of all the seasonings in it and the blood is just a vessel for that, and the blood on its own is gross. So I suspect this is a "stone soup" situation where you should just take all the seasonings used for blood pudding and put it on something else that actually tastes good and then all of it will be better overall. Escargot has the same dilemma in that 90% of it is seasoning and there are zero people who would eat the snail without drowning it in seasoning until the snail can't be tasted any more. So just season something GOOD instead.

throw those sloppy beans out and you have a great breakfast.

Blasphemy.

>Not everything you eat has to taste like a bag of garbage, with every flavour being represented poorly.
>every flavour

Literally two. Salty and sweet. How can you not appreciate the juxtaposition of salt and sweet in one dish? It's not the ONLY way to make a ham and cheese sandwich, but it's a good one.

That breakfast is way too much food for one meal unless you're working a job with a lot of physical labor.

>mfw the same people who call a full English breakfast good will turn around and call equivalent American meals disgusting and only for fat people simply because the English breakfast has a longer tradition behind it

Hello, fatties.

>That breakfast is way too much food

Spotted the short guy.

You asshole. Now I'm craving high class cuisine in my white trash apartment.

Spotted the fat guy.

i ate your moms meat loaf faggot

>Ham and fruit
>cheese and fruit and bread
Yeah it's not like those have been undeniably classic combinations in European since at least medieval times. Dumb Americans amirite?

>That breakfast is way too much food for one meal unless you're working a job with a lot of physical labor.
lolwut

I'm 5'10 180 and could devour that easily. How small are you?

No, no it isn't. It's much easier to fuck up eggs over-easy, when the difference between over-easy and fully cooked is a matter of seconds off the pan.

Eggs take a full minute + to go from over-easy to fully cooked you idiot.

>I'm 5'10 180 and could devour that easily.

Whether you CAN eat something or SHOULD eat something are completely different matters. Yeah, I could eat that entire plate. But if you eat like that every day you'll get fat as fuck because you'll end up eating way too many calories.

I don't have a problem with blood sausage but can't understand the British obsession with runny baked beans.

jam in a grilled cheese is nasty you fat fuck

let me guess

>it's a little undercooked so I'll nuke it for 20 seconds

That plate isn't unhealthy at all. 800 calories tops.

For the first time in my life i can say that is a meat loaf i'd want to try

I've always had good meat loaf. I'll tell you about some real bad food.
>stew
>any chicken that's dry (so most of it)
>almost any ham product
>dry fuckin turkey
>if it's ever served with gravy it's probably bad
Growing up in Ohio means I had to eat this shit basically every night. It was a blessing for me when we had meat loaf.

>It's only almost half your daily calories in 1/3 of your meals!

For the record, I never said it was unhealthy. I said it was too much food, as in calories, which is a separate issue.

>scrumptious
Kek you're a faggot

>half daily calories
>1600
Are you a petite woman?

ALMOST half. At least read my post before responding.

>2000 is average daily calorie requirement for a sedentary person
>1000 is half of 2000
>800 is nearly 1000
>800 is almost half your daily calories

>american """"""food review""""""

Stew depends on which nationality is making it. Italian, Indian, and Caribbean stews are great, but the British and French styles I find bland.

Other than that you're basically me.

healthyeating.sfgate.com/typical-calories-burned-sedentary-lifestyle-5270.html
>Sedentary women generally burn 1,600 to 2,000 calories per day

>The USDA reports that sedentary men burn — and therefore should consume -- 2,000 to 2,600 calories each day to maintain a healthy body weight

So you're a sedentary woman?

>not liking based morcilla
what are you, some kind of fag?

>the very reasons I'm here today is why I'm such a faggot
please continue

What the fuck tv I didn' think I was sharing this thread with little kids that can't eat a proper English breakfast.

>When someone else gets the end piece of the meat loaf.

>My mom's meatloaf is better than your mom's meatloaf, the thread.

Cancer.

Its really easy to make, with cheap meat. But if you make it with a good mushroom sauce and some asparagus on the side its amazing

I know, right? Like they can't appreciate a good English cuisine thread!

>frying is bad
what

them some tasty, fried pork faggots, me boy?

>meat loaf
>a literal loaf of meat

Is this some wartime thing, like spam?

Went over to relatives in America once, had this for dinner, couldn't figure out what it was, felt rude to ask, only connected it with meatloaf after a few months.
All the 90s cartoons I'd grown up on portrayed it as this irredeemable slop, but I thought it was quite good, as a staple food. Tasteless as fuck though.

look at an american cookbook from the 60s-70s. it's 90% meat, eggs and jello

Have you never seen beef Wellington before?