School Reunion Edition

youtube.com/watch?v=RAszjUxMZkE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vVgSXHqSJ68
twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/822822836427440128
youtu.be/93rLs_RWCe0
twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/822466447406415872
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

NuSarah > Classic Sarah, prove me wrong.

Decent ep.
Rose acts like a huge whiny jealous bitch though, which fangirls conveniently forget whenever they go on a rant about "Clara the Cunt".

I like the music that plays while the Doctor works out what the spinning green cube is for.

Fuck I miss RTD. Nothing in Moff's who has ever given me such chills.

>Simm will never get to play the darker, more restrained Master that he always wanted to play

The biggest fucking crime. He's an amazing actor and he wanted to give it his all but RTD just had him play an over the top clown

I agree. I don't feel as if she's changed too much, but she's certainly been more fleshed out and seems way cooler (but that's just an effect of accumulating wisdom and experience).

Thanks for bringing it up. I'm gonna go rewatch some SJA while I eat bagels with melted Gouda on top. Anyone who dislikes SJA can get STUFFED

How did we go from that to this?
youtube.com/watch?v=vVgSXHqSJ68

>that guy in the comments ranting about how the effects in series 1 were better and starts rambling about changing genders in regeneration
w e w

My name is Jeff.

School setting, main cast has to fight bat-monsters, Anthony Stewart Head shows up. How much of a Buffy high were the production staff on when making this?

RTD was a huge Buffy fanboy and it shows

Ur fucking retarded dude quit being such a fag

Chinball is inevitably going to have to write the 12th Doctor's regeneration (assuming Moffat isn't planning on ending the Christmas special with a regeneration). Knowing this, what would you personally hope the next Doctor is like?

>Age?

>Personality?

>Personal Attire/Tardis Interior?

>Prior Doctor they Resemble.

>Type of Companion

>Type of Season

>Primary Antagonist for their first Season.

>terrible forced meme is terribly forced.

It's chinballs. It really doesn't matter what we want.

Dark times ahead.

"What's your favourite piece of stationary, Gareth?"
"Uhhm. Probably the scissor. Why?"
"Ah, good choice, good choice. Just wondering. Wanna know what mine is?"
"Sure, go for it."
"The eraser."

That's Roberts

It's a good starting point for discussion because by god these threads have been dull lately.

I love the horror elements of this Zygon transformation. Getting kind of a John Carpenter's vibe from it.

Just a shame the story was 90 minutes of artless propaganda.

>Runs out to find her boring son
>Drives up to a bunch of Daleks
>Is suddenly surprised when turn their guns on her
>Throws her hands up and starts crying and apologizing
That always rubbed me the wrong way.

To be fair, that could be put down to human instinct. What else could she have done?

The most ridiculous bit of that ep was when Jack teleported in front of the Dalek and killed it after the Doctor was shot

But it's Sarah Jane.
It's not like she wasn't used to this sort of thing. She was supposed to be better than that.

Watching the era celebrate itself was so hard to get through.

Is a [cute girl] Doctor too much to ask?

Cute girl Time Lord companion would be great. I miss that dynamic.

>mfw I literally just got my dick sewn back on after ripping it off due to DarkClala last time

well back on that NHS waiting list I go

>NHS

I agree. That bit was always weird to me. Yeah, Daleks are super scary and they tore down the civilization of the strongest man she ever knew, but she faces scary stuff all the time.

>Daleks are super scary

Who was in the wrong here?

Is this canon?

What TV stories are they actually scary in?
At least in Remembrance they actually had a threatening presence.

I love how /who/ has now become "what outrageous thing has Gareth Roberts said today?"

I'm assuming this was some sort of apologia for genocide/slavery/etc.? In a "this good thing cancels out all bad things" sort of sense? And for his example he picked clitoris cutting. The depth of Gareth's poor taste is startling.

Clever Prime>Optimus Prime>Rodimus Prime

Re-watched a couple of Doctor Who s4 episodes on W channel today. With family, incl my Mum in law.

We got dare I say it bored.

So, I said, let's watch this one Mum. We watched Heaven Sent. She LOVED it, in fact wanted to watch it a 2nd time.

twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/822822836427440128

It's just fun to have a genuinely new and solid meme that keeps on getting fresh material

Congrats, Mum has good taste.

Heaven Sent was pretty based tho.

Agreed

why is series 4 so overrated? it has some of the most forgettable/mediocre episodes of nuwho.

She lost her husband of 50+ yrs recently, and has often described the grief of that as 'trying to break through a wall'. She loved the words, everything about it (the Heaven Sent ep).

I hate that thing she does when she says "..we must fight YOU... are going to be the first."
Reminds me of Alice in Luther, who I just can't stand. Apparently evil psychopath women always talk in run on sentences and put emphasis on words in strange places.

The 10/Donna dynamic is probably one of the key reasons people love it so much. In other words, it was fun.

12 and Clara's relationship was one of arguments, selfishness, arrogance and obsession. No 'fun' chemistry. Probably explains the low ratings.

Also, speaking of ratings, think the most recent BBC One episodes of Class got something like 0.2m viewers.

Why is /who/ so full of lefites?

Because Doctor Who is a liberal show that teaches you to accept different sorts of people and cultures.

youtu.be/93rLs_RWCe0

Favorite Capaldi moment? I love the "Oh.. my.. GOD."

>12 and Clara's relationship was one of arguments, selfishness, arrogance and obsession. No 'fun' chemistry.

But relationships can be like that sometimes. I enjoyed watching this at the time, because I like Who being a bit dark sometimes, but from the looks of it s10 will be lighter and more fun.

Libertarian here who enjoyed election night. Who's my fave show. We're not all SJW maniacs here

GOAT companion though.

>12 and Clara's relationship was one of arguments, selfishness, arrogance and obsession. No 'fun' chemistry. Probably explains the low ratings.
Yeah, I remember one of the ways they marketed series 9 was basically "Guess what! More 12 and Clara!" Like Clara had become a great, widely beloved companion like Sarah Jane or Rose. But I don't think she was because, as you said, her relationship with 12 was more about conflict and drama than camaraderie. Even though I liked a lot of things about the series 8 and 9 arcs, she's just not that fun.

I made the comment that you replied to. Thanks for the (You). I also like to consider myself a Libertarian, and, frankly, I'm not losing any sleep over the election results, either.
I'm frankly not even certain what the conversation that the user before me replied to was even about.
I don't agree with SJW crazies but I don't agree with Sup Forums racists, either, and we've been getting a lot of those, lately.

When he turned up to the woman's march yesterday holding a sign about patriarchy.

Lol. You serious?

Yeah, it's funny how much about the show is determined by its premise. The Doctor is an alien who loves traveling the universe and cares about people everywhere, so even if he mostly embodies modern British values there's always going to be an element of multiculturalism to the show's ethos. It was a bit more conservative in the Ian and Barbara days when there was no better place in the universe to be than home, i.e. '60s England, but even then the good guys in whatever time/place they ended up were inevitably the ones least hostile to the foreigners, so it still manages to slip in some liberalism.

>his example he picked clitoris cutting. The depth of Gareth's poor taste is startling.
This pretty much. Odd that that's the go to scenario in his mind. As a gay man you'd think clitori (clitorises?) would be the furthest thing from his mind.

Well I mean Sup Forums seems to talk a lot about circumcision

Gareth wrote one of my top 3 favourite Doctor Who Novels and I'll not get over it

It's also the best Shada adaption without a doubt

And it was a success all around the world !

PAUL CORNELL GOT GARETH'D

How do you figure? The Doctor is a genocidal maniac who wipes out civilizations if they look at him funny.

C'est GaƩtan!

Does it? I remember seeing the occasional cut vs uncut threads on way back when whenever I would visit. Perhaps it would come up on the jewish conspiracy threads that used to inhabit which I assumed moved to . I haven't seen any here though I really only come to Sup Forums for /who/ and the occasional comedians who really make you think/kettlebell enthusiast threads.

Is /who/ cut or uncut? I'm american so...I'm cut senpaitachi.
At least Cornell still writes for doctor who kinda

>IT'S ACTUALLY REAL

twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/822466447406415872

>At least Cornell still writes for doctor who kinda
He quit to "focus on his original works" actually. The current Third Doctor comic is the last Who he's doing.

>I'm cut

F

>Is /who/ cut or uncut?
>tfw mutilated

Well after seeing some of his comic stories Im not too broken up about that. At least he's leaving of his own will.
Hey, I don't know what I'm missing and ignorance is bliss. I guess it looks nice and I've nor anyone else has missed the last extra little bit. For those that say you lose sensitivity and feeling whatevs...I don't know if i could handle it feeling better.
That's a great wojak/feelsguy and I'm sorry for your loss.

I have never dropped an actor so hard.

It's probably in his contract

>the undersigned will, at all opportunities, make a sincere effort to posture themselves as a pantywaist limpwrist virtue signaller in order to appropriately represent the interests and values of the BBC

>caring about an actor's politics

Jesus you're a faggot.

>Not expecting a formerly acid dropping theatre kid, artist and childhood doctor who enthusiast actor to be left leaning
What were you thinking his politics were?

Fuck sake. Matriarchs rule the world anyway, even the patriarchs agree.

>even the patriarchs agree.
Well they would wouldn't they?

It would be funny if /who/ got gareth banned from twitter by reporting this tweet.

Although am I the only one that can't see it now? Has he deleted it? It was there yesterday

user it's cute that you call your mother in law "mum" :3

Yep. Makes for a much more pleasant and happy life.

Not really thought about it. She had 5 children, and all the spouses call her "mum". And father in law was "dad".

#NotMyDoctor

Why? What was wrong with the march?

Nothing. But you're on Sup Forums.

>Please explain.
Mickey, who's basically a lot puppy dog in love with Rose who always hated the Doctor changes his mind and decides to go travelling with the Doctor and Rose.

Next episode Doctor spends the whole thing ignoring both him and Rose with Mickey learning some of the lessons from Rose and them to having some bonding while the Doctor is busy fucking Madame de Pompadour.

Open the next episode and Mickey is mad the Doctor always pays attention to Rose and never him. Just comes from absolutely nowhere and doesn't make any sense with Mickey's priorities, then the episode creates a dead gran for him so he can decide to stay behind finding a reason to not feel so alone, but that entire conflict within him didn't exist until that episode created it to begin with.

>implying he gives a shit what anyone thinks

His 3rd Doctor comic has been really great though. Four Doctors was shit I agree but to be fair that's almost a requirement of being an "event comic", and it still had a couple of cool ideas at least.

Mickey didn't hate the Doctor, by series 2 they were sort of pals, he was just sick of getting mad cucked and knew he was the third wheel, the "tin dog." So he joined their travels to be closer to Rose and maybe impress her by being as much of a hero as the Doctor, but it didn't really work. His anger at the Doctor in Rise of the Cybermen is his continuing to resent the Doctor and Rose's closeness and the fact that they don't treat him like a real team member.

>then the episode creates a dead gran for him so he can decide to stay behind finding a reason to not feel so alone, but that entire conflict within him didn't exist until that episode created it to begin with.
It certainly did. Mickey's whole problem is that he's underappreciated. He exists to be rejected by Rose and mocked by the Doctor, but in the end he finds someone who can appreciate him and he can play a heroic role in un-cybering the world.

Nah I'm great

What would his outfit look like, /who/? What about his TARDIS?

nice meme

I invented Doctor Who

Please say this is shooped

no.

Give me an example of a female you would get to play the Doctor. I'd get Louise Brealey
>We then need to get a male Master and have the Doctor be the aggressive one in the relationship.

I want a blonde

>none of the kids reacted at all when the man suddenly transformed into an alien one meter away from them

no but this is

Doesn't he look teeth?

Pretty sure they're Zygons too.

even more reason for them to react to a zygon being revealed in public

Pretty sure they were with Bonnie and thus expecting it.