Who hype for Unbreakable-verse?

Who hype for Unbreakable-verse?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RaFuTsUz0Hg
youtu.be/B4krefTqlJg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Me, the ending of split was so perfect.

The Horde is a completely different enemy than mr glass, but yet feels like he fits perfectly into the universe Unbreakable created.

Mr. Glass is like a Ras al ghoul from batman begins and the horde is like the joker from the dark knight, it's a natural villain escalation.

For a superhero story that has no source material outside of one film, it's accumulating a formidable rouges gallery of vaguely realistic and fucked up villains.

I'm hyped honestly, shyamalan is one of the few directors who produces totally original films, and Unbreakable could be like the new original movie franchise that the past decade has been sorely lacking.

HYPED AF
At first when I read the wikipedia page and saw it was the spiritual successor to Unbreakable I assumed it would be like the cloverfield connection.
But now?

I have a theory that the hordes personalities are the people he's previously eaten, like he absorbes them or something.

Also, you are completely right. Two types of villains, ones that fight the hero with their mind, and one that fight them with their body.

post with a trip user so I can send you some gold

I'm really excited to see her character develop

I wanna see David Dunn, the Horde, the kid from Sixth Sense, uncle Merrill from Signs, and the lady in the water team up to fight the Signs aliens. Like the Avengers.

That is a neat theory, but wouldn't the doctor have known?

THEY CALLED ME MR GLASS

Why would Horde and Dunn team up?
Also, sixth sense should remain out of universe, just like very other Shamalyan film, besides maybe Devil

Why wouldn't they team up?

Motherfucking this. It's unnatural how excited I am for Unbreakable 2, I haven't felt this giddy over a movie in a while.

As ridiculous as this is I'd like it.

Because in their next encounter Horde is probably going to die

BEST GIRL

But what if he.... didn't

This!!

Is Split actually fucking related to Unbreakable??? Holy fuck i might go see it in theater

I would puke money all over that, I'm shamed to say.

Yeah. Shyamalan hinted at bringing in the villain from the former unbreakable 2 script for a long time. Dunn appears in film, and Glass is mentioned

You really, really should. It is worth it.

she could be used to tie in Signs and the ayy lmaos

Yep, mcavoys split personality character has a 24th personality that acts like an animal and eats people, it also gives him supernatural strength.

In the end he gets away and there's a news report calling him a villain called the "Horde", due to the fact he's 24 people in one. It shows Bruce Willis' character watching this, and mr glass is mentioned.

The horde is basically a metahuman from the Unbreakable universe. My theory listed above is that his other personalities besides the 24th are people he's eaten. It sets up Unbreakable 2 with the horde as a villain.

David Dunn = Captain America
the Horde = Hulk
Merrill = Batman (haha get it?)
Story = Storm
Cole = Professor X

>Merrill = Batman
lol

PLEASE BE TRUE

Her uncle is a lucky man.

So he eats the girls in the film eh? Does it show it?

I was thinking more along the lines of:

Mr. Glass helped create the hero, like Ras al ghul, he's also well tempered and intelligent and has a specific mission, he uses his intellect as a weapon.

The horde is like the joker as he's feral, completely unpredictable and doesn't have a defined endgame, he's also mentally ill and deranged.

Yes.

Too far man, that was fucking sad.

The film never shows him eating the girls

Just two of them, the third survives.

She shoots mcavoy twice with a shotgun and he survives, showing how he's superhuman, he's also extremely agile.

He did it, he actually did it. What a tweeeessst 10/10 movie.
Bravo Shamamalodingdong

[spoilers]It was so satisfying to watch that annoying blonde get devoured.[/spoilers]

Word. And she was a butterface too.

Wow, I thought unbreakable was original.
I totally see where you are going with this.

This movie looks and sounds like capeshit for pseudo intellectuals

youtube.com/watch?v=RaFuTsUz0Hg
Is this the greatest "birth of a super villain" scene that has ever been on screen?

what is this?

>Unbreakable
>Shows glass being broken

>he doesn't get how perfect that is
I know you're baiting, but it makes perfect sense in context with the movie

For everyone reading this thread, I dug up info on the unbreakable verse.
Devil currently has no connection, however a planned sequel took parts from unbreakable's former sequel.

A sequel film to devil in the unbreakable verse would hold supernatural elements, and would be apart of a Night Chronicles saga trilogy within the universe.

Thus far, Signs and Sixth sense aren't related

"You know how you know who the heroes arch-villain is, David? He's always the exact opposite of the hero, and they're often friends too, just like you and me......"

Also, It appears Devil Sequel will involve a supernatural courtroom case

True superhero kino

That scene is so great...

youtu.be/B4krefTqlJg

Noice. I really liked Devil, not sure why it was panned so hard.

Threads like this make me smile. Broke torrentfags blown the FUCK out.
Maybe you guys can join in the conversation in a few months HAHAHAHAHA

A few Stupid Lines and the whodunnit theme, But it didn't deserve to get panned so hard I agree

Cringiest post I have read all day

It wasn't perfect by any means, but it got me good a few times and it was never boring.

I guess people just wanted to shit on Shyamalan at that time.

This.

>Bruce Willis old ass in a super hero movie

I loved Unbreakable but isn't it a little late

Wait, did Split turned out to be a good movie? No way.

Seeing some old bitch playing dress up would actually be kinda refreshing.

nah, makeup can do wonders. Plus, he wasn't supposed to be agile, just "unbreakable" so with a few stunt doubles it shouldn't be too bad

Nope, it just implies he's had tons of superhero antics between now and then. Also, Unbreakable isn't a flying around shooting laser from your eyes kinda superhero movie, so long as he looks big and tough, he can fit the movie perfectly.

Saw people asking in other threads, so here's a breakdown of what happened.
17 Years ago, superhero film unbreakable is released and becomes a cult classic. It's also very good.
2010 Devil gets released, same director. Fairly good, and planned sequels were supposed to use villain from cancelled unbreakable sequel.
Fast Forward to today, where Split is released. Follows a superpowerful villain, who turns out to be the guy from canceled unbreakable sequel.
In the last minutes of the movie Dunn, the superhero from the 2000 film, makes an appearance, and the Unbreakable villain is mentioned.

So it's just a capeshit version of 10 Cloverfield lane?
Sounds pretty dumb tbqh, probably going to skip this

Devil wasn't directed by Shyamalan

No, split isn't capeshit. The only reason it's a superhero film is because of a cameo appearance.