Just watched this

Just watched this.
Never cringed so hard. Literally tumblr-tier.

Yea same for me

Only redeeming quality is Emma Watson since she's a fucking qt 3.14.

It came out at the wrong time. 2012 was the height of romanticizing depression and self harm and lonely teenagers. So in that aspect, it was the right time to make money. However, because of that, it hasn't aged well at all and just looks like the same cringefest that Tumblr was in that time. Had it been made earlier, it'd have been a proper representation of depression or a dark comedy. Either would've worked better.

Didn't like that we just had a thread where a bunch of people said they liked it? It was great.

Wouldn't know. Was busy watching the movie.

The worst part was when they had to establish all the characters and show off just how edgy and different they were.

So what was the name of that song? Never managed to find out.

>literally never
>cringed
Hola reddito

Literally nothing wrong with Tumblr

too many cucks desu

>cringe
Lol nobody over 25 still says this

savethedayguys

I'm 23.

When will we get a full on bleak representation of the high school experience?

No ridiculous character development with him somehow getting the hottest girl in the school and suddenly becoming the "cool" kid with a bunch of friends.
Just a character study of an isolated high school loner struggling through everyday social interactions, is it too much to ask?

And where will it go?
Movies are generally supposed to have some sort of development/arc.
There is nothing like that in "realistic" representation of such thing.

Could better imagine it as a series.

Elephant

>implying anybody would watch a movie about you

Emma was great. Erza was prety good. Lerman was ok. Pretty much the only good highschool film.

How did you like the "I blacked out and beat up all the Chads" scene?

It's not even tumblr-tier. It's basically some loser's wet dream. And the main character's tragic background is so comically over-exaggerated to make you symphatize:
>my aunt raped me
>my bff an heroed
lol

Character development doesn't have to necessarily be a process to the other extreme of his starting character trait.

Look at films like Oslo, August 31st or Taxi Driver, character development is far more then just "correcting" all the character flaws.

"they are finally playing good music"
*quirky dance scene

I wondered that too. It must be because its too common.
Nothing interesting or fascinating or anything to learn from seeing a movie like that

Kek, what a silly question. You won't get a movie like that because no one would find it interesting. You are an extreme minority in terms of worldview and having different values than most high school kids. People don't want to see your story, they'd rather see you as an extra in a movie like OP's. While most people have different interpretations of what is "interesting", it's pretty safe to assume no one would find a movie like that interesting, the main reason being the lack of sympathy/empathy for a person in that state.

I'd watch it if it was an anime...

Your to gay senpai

>I'd watch it
Wasn't talking about you, weirdo. By no one I meant general movie-going audience (normies).

I personally thought Lerman was better than Erza.
Erza played the character a bit too tumblr-esque. Almost on the verge of feeling like a caricature.

maybe because he realized he was in a shitty movie

Thats obvious. But the deeper reason why a movie like this hasnt even made at all, even in the underground, is that the situation is too mundane..so filmmakers know that there wouldnt be a point of making that movie.

Plus people already know that people go through depression and social anxiety, so really the movie would end up being just another educational movie on depression awareness

>You won't get a movie like that because no one would find it interesting.

There are plenty of movies out there where the general audience has no interest in it's themes, but the director has an idea/vision he wants to turn into a film no matter what.
Look at Inland Empire for example, Lynch didn't care one bit about who would find his dreams and nightmares interesting, but he still did it because he wanted to.

I am not asking for a big Hollywood studio production by any means, I am aware studios couldn't market this to the normies.
It isn't even such a far fetched idea compared to some art house being made.

I can see that Lerman was good for the character. Maybe Patrick was just too gay

Inland Empire is a weirdo abstract artsy film. A movie about a teenager who went through high school like a ghost and hated everyone is very much grounded in realism, albeit it's not a reality for most people. If someone were to make a film like that, they'd have to had experienced that loneliness firsthand/otherwise sympathize with people who went through that, and I just don't see that happening among directors, especially ones like Lynch.

Underground directors are artsy people who were either asocial by choice or weren't asocial at all in their teens. This high school struggle we're talking about here is different. It's not about being a "loner badass", it's about not being capable of finding common ground with your peers, not being able to connect with them. And while there is definitely no shortage of introverted directors who live a solitary life, even they exude a certain kind of artistic charisma that draws people to them. I don't think they ever experience things like that.

Class (2007)

If the director wants the convey the feelings that a lonely high schooler would go through to the audience then he got to at least make the movie more abstract. If its literally just a high school kid going through the motions and going to class, then the movie is about as helpful as a twitter post saying "wahh Im sad"

Lucas (1986) comes close.

Garbage ass flick that was rightfully panned here in 2012. I don't' know neo/tv/ loves it for a second

True that. Now that I think of it, Malick would make a dope movie on that subject, he loves his internal monologues.

>Welcome to the island of misfit toys
Who was that fucker that always spams this thread saying it was an accurate depiction of highschool? Cut me a fucking break

>somehow getting the hottest girl in the school and suddenly becoming the "cool" kid with a bunch of friends.
That's not what happens in Perks, though. Charlie is never cool. He's always an awkward loser, he just ends up joining a small group of friends that's also made up of losers. And even then, he's only really friends with two people in that group. When the group decides to stop talking to him, he goes right back to having no friends, and that's also where he's left at the end of the movie when his friends all graduate. He also doesn't get with the hottest girl in the school; Sam is also a loser, and has a bad reputation as damaged goods among everyone else; Charlie doesn't even start dating her until the very end of the movie.

I guess it's probably more clear in the book, but Perks of Being a Wallflower pretty much tells the kind of story you're describing. If you think it's about Charlie becoming cool and popular, you weren't paying attention.

I had an idea for a movie that starts with a school shooting. A brutal one in a lunchroom. Then it goes back and the main character is a social outcast loner type kid. Not necessarily bullied, but no friends or anything. I don't have the whole thing worked out, but the idea is to have the audience think this kid is going to shoot up the school. The "twist" or whatever at the end during the shooting is while this guy is gunning people down and stepping over bodies he steps right over the corpse of the loner kid. May e his face has a hole or two in it eyes wide open. That's the end. Doesn't matter who the real shooter was or the aftermath of it, just end it there with this loser kid dead with all the others hopefully making the audience feel shitty for thinking he was going to be the killer.

>heavily depressed loner loser kid
>get's a solid group of friends that support him
>manages to beat up all the chads in school at once
>can choose from two girls for gfs (with one of them being Emma fucking Watson)

That's a pretty drastic character development if you ask me.

Hey I remember this movie. I can understand why you didn't like this movie, Ezra Miller played the role of a faggot. Nevertheless, I still watched it.

>heavily depressed loner loser kid
Yep, that's the point of his character.
>get's a solid group of friends that support him
They're not really a solid group of friends. It's two people that started hanging out with him because they felt sorry for him, and their small group. They also completely abandon him for petty reasons for months. And, they all graduate at the end of the year which leaves him with no friends again.
>manages to beat up all the chads in school at once
Not really. He suckerpunches one, and hits another one with a chair, then the rest of the people he was fighting (only 3-4 people) backed off. And the movie doesn't even portray it as him being a badass, it's a moment that shows his instability.
>can choose from two girls for gfs (with one of them being Emma fucking Watson)
Again, not really. The first girl started dating him because he was a beta and she wanted to control someone. Her dumping him made the entire group turn against him, and he hated him after that. For pretty much the whole movie, Emma Watson had absolutely no interest in him. It was only after a chad cheated on her and she already graduated that she was willing to even consider Charlie.

>drastic character development
Again, if you actually pay attention to what happens in the movie, it's not a story about a depressed loser becoming cool kid. At best, he ends up a little more comfortable with himself and kind of with a girlfriend (who again, in the context of the movie was seen as a used-up whore by everyone who wasn't Charlie), and that's it. He's still depressed, he still has issues, he's still unpopular, and all of his friends moved away.

>ezra miller

well of course it's going to be trash

Does he really get into a car crash and watch Emma bleed out down the windshield at the end? I fell asleep and my buddy swears that's what happens. Hilarious if true. He also told me there was a ghost story sequel to titanic though so I rarely believe him.

Is this the director? Hey man, your movie sucks.

It ends with him ending in the psych ward after remembering that he was molested as a child by his aunt. He gets out eventually, and I believe the last scene was hiim riding in the truck with Sam and whatever the edgy faglord was called, listening to the tunnel song thing

I'm just a person who can pay attention to a movie. If you don't like it, I don't care, I just think you don't need to make up reasons about why it's bad.

>I'm just a kid and life is a nightmare starts playing

what the fuck did you expect?

Not shit.

Klass, 2007 if you want it so much.

It would need to be like The Wire of highschool. It should bring in and describe all of the members of the school, including the loners but also including the high status students like the football players and the cheerleaders.

>For pretty much the whole movie, Emma Watson had absolutely no interest in him
She seemed to like him a bit, there were scenes like the glasses in the snow and stuff

This was good OP you fuck.