German as the next EU-Language?

There seems to be a small push after Brexit, to make German the official European Union language.

deutschesprachwelt.de/nachrichten/neues_detail.php?id=621

lifepr.de/inaktiv/deutsche-sprachwelt/Nach-Brexit-Deutsch-als-EU-Sprache-staerken/boxid/600388

jungefreiheit.de/kultur/gesellschaft/2016/brexit-sprachpfleger-fordern-deutsch-als-eu-sprache/

>After Great Britain's decision to leave the EU, a news site named "Deutsche Zeitschrift" is now promoting the idea that German should strengthen itself as the Lingua Franca of the European Union. The argument for it is that since Britain left, there's no reason to keep English in as the primary language of the European Union.

Rev up those happenings boys. Here comes the 4th Reich.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_number_of_native_speakers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I would rather chose French
It's aesthetic as fuck and has deep history as language

>there's no reason to keep English in as the primary language of the European Union.
aside from, you know, it being the Lingua Franca of world economies that matter.

Should be Arabic

That honestly sounds a lot more plausible, but it would still be neat if German was made as the primary language.
After all, the EU-Anthem is in German - "Ode an die Freude."
It only makes sense thereafter.

>making hundreds of officials in their 50s learn another language

good luck

French is way more widespread in europe than german, if we want a european language then it should be french

Good. Less English - less globalism. Destroy the Tower of Babel.

>t. Commie who just earned an extra tendies ration. Thanks Based Putin!

Thats what they said.

German is objectively the best language in the world, second only to Sanskrit (a dead language), so this is a good idea! We should all be speaking German.

>French is way more widespread in europe than german
no it isnt you mong

french:
>france
>the shitty part of belgium

german:
>vaterland
>ostmark
>schweiz

"learn"
implying most of them don't already know german

t. mad globalist shill who could never dream about learning a different language

Sounds good, since Europe is ours anyway

I'm still shocked they copied the tower of babel.

If you didn't notice already, other countries are considering exiting the EU. If those countries leave then the 3rd reich will more or less be restored.

>One nation.
>One law
>One language.
Can you fucking germans stop with this hitler-syndrome you have? You have tried to ruin world twice already. Your third is about to fail. Just stop, it's embarrasing.

Oh, I've noticed. If things don't change anytime soon, it's more or less the end of the EU if other countries become emboldened to leave.

While the idea is likely nothing more than a crazy fantasy, I can see German replacing French as the lingua franca, because of the fact that in the EU, there are more German speaking countries in it than others. Germany, Austria - and I suppose you could make the argument for Lichtenstein, since it's within the Shengen Zone. Though not a member nation, Switzerland's proximity could also be an influential factor.

These are the last twitches of a dying body.
Britannia has left the sinking ship.
And she has thrown lifevests towards the Dutch
But the German captain is holding the Dutch hostage with a gun, saying we shall all go down with the ship together.

We also speak french you retard

>typical german untermensch

Italian is way better. French is gay.

does german gov still offers free german classes for polish immigrants who came to work?

You have been selected for the best candidate for the rope.

Holy shit!

You Eurocucks think English will be less relevant now we've left?

This is why Europe is fucking STUPID

Cementing themselves into the dustbin of history.

Just switch to Arabic already, German shouldn't be allowed to speak German anymore after the Holocaust.

They're angry and vengeful m8. For all their status and power, the europeens are complete fools.

English is the second language of almost everyone in Europe. I don't think so.

german wont even be a language used by people in 10 years. they will have to learn goat fucker. both spoken and written

so you mean goat fucker as official language for EU ? you should be shot for treason

I'd petition to have an immediate free trade agreement with you on you leaving. Your ports are valuable as fuck and you're also brotier.

Yeah, but you're not an EU member country though. Although, are you considered a part of the Shengen Zone?

America will always speak English brittbro. Same with Australia, Canada and all the other countries that slaughtered Germans back in the day.

English is the official language of the best friends club.

French is gay af, noone except frogs, niggers and beavers speak it
Kill yourself if this isn't b8

Using dead language that disappears in twenty years as official language. Sums up the whole fucking union quite nicely.

ENGLISH IS THE ONLY IMPORTANT LANGUAGE

GERMAN, FRENCH, RUSSIAN WILL ALL DIE OUT

THE HUMAN OF THE FUTURE WILL ONLY SPEAK ENGLISH, ARABIC AND/OR CHINESE

DEAL WITH IT

IRRELEVANT LANGUAGES DIE OUT

GERMAN IS ALREADY GETTING SIMPLIFIED FOR RETARDED KRAUTS AND REFUGEES

WE ALREADY USE TONS OF ENGLISH WORDS

EVEN PEOPLE ON Sup Forums WRITE LIKE THEY'RE FUCKING 5 YEARS OLD, YET THEY SPEAK PERFECT ENGLISH

GERMANS HATE THEIR OWN LANGUAGE

SERIOUSLY

NUKE US ALREADY

Well we also speak french in Sarre and sorbian in Lusatia

>le a language spoken by up 100 M as 1st and 80 M as 2nd language ladisappears in less than one generation meme
Nice math you got there, Jakub

>180 million people
>relevant

G-gott strafe England!

Am I doing it right guys?

Third time's the charm, right? Why do I have to be on the losing side...

Lol, you know that in the 18th century the same stuff happend with french yet our language still exists.
Basicly all military, architectural and politicall terms we have are nigger french

Hey man, at least it isnt Dutch. Thats shit tier language.

french already is alongside germand 2nd idiot

>The argument for it is that since Britain left, there's no reason to keep English in as the primary language of the European Union.

Except for the fact that everybody speaks it because it's a babby-tier language that everybody can learn to a decent degree... Literally easier to learn than Esperanto.

>being forced to learn the language of people that invaded my neighbors and were directly responsible for the death of one of my kings
fuck off

With the EU heads located in Brussels, I'm actually surprised that Dutch is not being the language pushed as the lingua franca.

>the city of england and wales
>relevant

I wish I had a history book from 50 years in the future.

The bullshit is that German is already one of the three working languages of the EU. But nobody ever gives a shit, so nothing is done about it.

If we aren't why are you all so mad about us leaving?

1 ton of nitrate ammonium will do the job

>french in Sarre
Worst meme ever.

>Brussels.
>Dutch.
Mate...

>what is French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Danish, Gaelic, Icelandic, Portuguese, Greek, Slovenian, Slovakian, Hungarian, Romanian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Swedish, Finngolian, Polish, Latvian, Estonian, Lithuanian, and Maltese

you racist nationalist shitlord

Just banter m8, most of us hope this is the beginning of the end and we get back to being countries without the EU shit

2bf Belgium isn't a real country.

U wot

>directly responsible for the death of one of my kings
Talk shit, get hit

Is it French, then?

>we

Ticino disagrees with you, we learned German as second language here.

>Here comes the 4th Reich.

yeah

>Reich restored

We just wanted a trade bloc m8. Fuck I don't even really care about the freedom of movement. Couldn't give a shit if a million Germans came here tomorrow looking for work. But the political project, the super state, that was too far.

Yeah. French speaking enclave within Flanders which is the only reason Belgium hasn't split in half yet.

Brussels became francophone because all the Muslims and Africans that came there never bothered to learn another language.

What holocaust,cuck?

>Wanting millions of Eastern Europeans in the UK.
It's bad enough we've got the Scots.

When we joined half of what is now the EU was behind the iron curtain.

German is also a muslim language

I WAS BORN IN A SMALL VILLAGE

t. Neutral for 200 years

Either french or italian. I'd prefer italian just to fuck over the french and german idiots. And it's a beautiful language too, easy to learn, especially if you had latin in school or speak french already.

French on the other hand has the advantage that it's the lingua franca of large parts in Africa. But that's a minor argument

It's crystal clear that english can never be the official lingua franca of europe and that we need our own lingua franca. After the Brexit affront, europe cannot remain a vassal of the anglosphere.

Well it was part of the netherlands at one point.

>with Britain out, nothing stands in the way of Germany forcing more of its influence in the void that GB had
>Turns even more tyrannical but more forceful or open with it
>Germany assumes full control of Europe in a stranglehold
>War breaks out
>Second Battle of Britain, this time with Scottish insurgency
>All is lost until America comes to save he day
>Trump flies in on a red, white, blue, and gold F-35 blaring "Tom Sawyer" by Rush
>liberates Europe
>peace established

Did I rustle your jimmies, Ahmed?

>I can see German replacing French

Ha, no. German is much harder to learn and more rigid than either French or English.

Add in the fact that almost half the world speaks either French or English, and German is left far behind in the 20th century, unless they can somehow unchain themselves from globalist suppression.

The fact remains the the US is still the greatest economic powerhouse this world has yet to see, and whereas we speak English here, so will our trading partners.

Ooh,I think I came a little!

Brit knows what he's talking about the main language in Brussels is Arabic.

It could only worked with north-western states. The farer south and east you go, the less there is an equal mindset (culturally and economically). It was programmed to fail from the beginning with an unlimited eytension, but the elitists ignored this and keeps pushing it

>88

A rope for the (((german)))

We need Lebensraum in Europe.

Pretty much this. As long as America is the big dick on the block, english will remain the planets language.

Yuropoors may wish that was different and in an act of stupidity try and make it some inconsequential local language but it will just make them look retarded.

French, Arabic. What's the difference nowadays?

KEK has spoken!

>Ha, no. German is much harder to learn

This is a meme desu

I just thinks you're not really in a good position to talk about who is muslims cuck and who is not when you see the situation of your country.

Eh, I tend to disagree. I didn't find German that difficult a language to learn. I find it to be a very straightforward, lego-block type language to learn.

>aesthetic as fuck
>French
Ah hon hon hon! Ici c'est la meme ju jour.

> almost half the world speaks either French or English, and German is left far behind in the 20th century

German is 11th, French is 18th.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_number_of_native_speakers

>US
>White
Kek

>F-35
>not glorious, stealthy, USA-ONLY F-22

Yes, I can say some things in german, let me try....
الله أكبر

I simply detailed that Muslims in Brussels already speak French most of the time because they come from parts of the Francophonie such as Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria and Syria, you twat.

delete this

>Ireland
>white

topkek

But that's Spanish.

German is so easy that i learned when i was 5 years old watching their cartoons. English is even easier, no wonder it's the first language of retards.

Syrian don't speak french. The rest yes.

Better a population that's 50% non-white than 90% alcoholic

French sounds like you have a bunch of pubes in your mouth and you're worried you'll get them tangled up

>EU Parliament made to look like a tower that was eventually destroyed by God
BRB, gonna make an unsinkable ship that looks exactly like the Titantic.

Fun Fact: God destroys the Tower of Babel and scatters humanity across the earth because a united humanity tried to reach the heavens.