A yes, yes, a light saber. A Jedi weapon

>A yes, yes, a light saber. A Jedi weapon...

If the saber is a Jedi weapon then why do the Sith carry them and if Vader could easily switch from dark to light then doesn't that mean he wasn't a real Sith Lord?

no he wasnt, and at the point of making the 6th episode, Lucas actually had some sense in his brain to make this difference between Jedi and Sith, and Vader being not a real Sith (because he was a Jedi before).

But fuck off with your prequel shit and EU shit and new episodes shit if you want to discuss the reasons of WHY SOMETHING IS THE WAY IT IS IN A MOVIE MADE 30 YEARS AGO

AND WHY DIDNT THAT MOVIE INCLUDE EVENTS AND THINGS MADE 20 YEARS LATER

fucking idiot nigger

He said it because he knows that the force only choses two sith and that was him and vader. Thus anyone else must be a jedi.

Only sith that did was Vader, and he used to be a jedi.
Just counting the original trilogy that is, which the dialogue was made for.

see

It's explained in the James Luceano book "Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader" that the Sith really only use lightsabers because they are viewed as a Jedi weapon, thus it humiliates and enrages Jedi when they see the lightsaber being used to slaughter 8 year olds, or something.

vader wasn't considered a sith because he carried a lightsaber

the concept of sith began in the prequels and EU garbage

The official answer is that Palpatine saw light sabers as being beneath him. His power in the force was so strong that he simply didn't need to use one, and he saw them as toys needed by weaklings. When he did use one, he did so to mock the Jedi by beating them with their own favorite weapon.

The real answer is that RotJ is that Lucas was just making shit up as he went along, and the Sith and their backstory didn't exist yet.

Because the story and lore was ruined when George was given complete freedom on the prequels

> if Vader could easily switch from dark to light then doesn't that mean he wasn't a real Sith Lord?

That´s why it is called Return of the Jedi

no its called return of the jedi because it being revenge of the jedi would cost too much

Pretty sure he's just belittling Luke and it has nothing to do with who uses what weapons. He says it sarcastically. It's the equivalent of "Oh look, baby has his first lightsaber. Guess he's a real Jedi now! Fag."

He's just mocking Luke's notion that he's a Jedi after 12 days of training with Yoda.

Just because you dont like the prequels doesnt mean they dont count. Stop being a baby.

>the Sith and their backstory didn't exist yet.
This. People tend to forget it, especially if they grew up with the prequels, but the Sith were never established in the OT. Or even in the EU until the prequels happened (almost of the early EU books talk about "dark Jedi" instead of Sith). Tue, some promotional material from early on had referred to Darth Vader as a "Lord of the Sith," but that was never explained. It was literally just a word Lucas had ripped off from the John Carter novels and used in early draft because it sounded cool, but it was dropped and never explained. When ROTJ was being made, Sith wasn't a concept Lucas was thinking about, Palpatine was just an evil wizard.

I don't understand why you care about one of the most retarded and constantly retconned franchise. It was made for manchildren. Alec Guinness, the original Obi Wan, was clear about that.
He used to recall this story:

>One time, when strolling the streets of San Francisco, a young boy and his mother came up to him. He said to Guinness: I've seen Star Wars over 100 times. Alec was disgusted, so he replied to the boy: can you promise me you will never watch Star Wars again? The boy, unsurprisingly, burst into tears.

That boy now is a manchild. You are one such boy. You are so intellectually weak you are interested only in the makeshift lore of a dull franchise, one that changes all the time to whim of executives. You, and your fellow manchildren, are pathetic. If you don't wish to grow up, just end your miserable life now.

>B-but at least Star Wars is better than Harry Potter
No! It is exactly the same, set in space. An irrelevant amalgamation of classic fairy tale narrative elements and unrealistic interpersonal relationship, all within a morally black-white universe.

Sincerely, kill yourself.

>Because the story and lore was ruined when George was given complete freedom on the prequels
Why don't you stop exposing your ignorance you little faggot

Earlier. The word was first used to describe Vader in the official "Star Wars" ( ANH ) novelization.

>Avatar
>god teir
whoever made this is a patrician

my only issue is Star wars episode iii not being god teir wtf???

this meme is fucking trash, the Harry Potter one works because the book tiers at least look real. apply yourself

>Twilight
>That boring emotionless flick for braindead teenage girls
>FUCKING HIGH TIER???

The lightsaber is a Jedi weapon.

At the very beginning there were no Dark Jedi or Sith Lords. Then you had Jedi that went bad and they took their lightsabers with them.

See my post here: Yes, Lucas had used the word earlier, but he never defined it in public. The closest he ever came was in the first draft of Star Wars where the Sith were basically mercenaries that had nothing to do with the force. And that conception of them was dropped pretty early on. For the entirety of the OT, "Sith" was just a word Lucas took from one of his inspiration and applied to Darth Vader because he liked the sound of it. It was never explained, and it certainly never referred to a group of anti-Jedis.

The concept as we know of it now comes from the prequels and EU stuff from that era.

desu senpai lucas always had great creative talent, especially in naming things. he's a great director, he can imagine sky cities and incredible battles, but he can't write or film a simple dialogue scene.

Lucas is literally just a great ideas man

shut up faggot, he has more talent than your entire family.

>yfw you realize the Emperor's lightsaber was the Death Star itself

He was in the 70s, at least. The weirdest thing about reading the early drafts of Star Wars is seeing how much he ended up recycling, especially in the prequels. It's like he ran out of ideas and had to use stuff he rejected earlier because it was all he had.

Sorry i insulted your boyfriend faggot

He was so much more intimidating without using one. Just sitting in his chair

What the fuck is this guy going to do? He doesn't even give a shit if you get a lightsaber. Oh fuck.

Making him do sheev spins just completely defeated the point.

Siths weren't a thing in OT, there were only the Jedi, who followed the light side of the force, and people like Vader and The Emperor who fell to the dark side.

>being this autistic

How does anything he said preclude Sith from using lightsabers?

Oh look, it's an "autists dissect a children's movie, part 18376391" thread.

Why do you just repeat shit you've seen other people day when it has no basis in fact? Why are you such a worthless fuck user?

>Siths

(You)

stop overthinking children's movies

Neither Palpatine nor Vader were real Sith. Palpatine just saw the dark side as a get rich quick scheme and ditched the Sith title as soon as he got what he wanted, and Vader just did whatever he said.

It's ok redddit, no one really expected you to back up your worthless statement.

It's because the star wars "world" as it existed after the first trilogy is extremely different than it exists today

>desu senpai lucas always had great creative talent, especially in naming things.

count dooku
darth insanius

Aren't the modern Sith a cult of rogue Jedi anyway?

>guy building super fuckhuge death moon picks up 3ft sword.

>ah yes yes a cuck weapon.

In the OT nobody respects Jedi or think they're badass and strong. They fight with retarded swords where as everyone else uses a god damn gun and use magic tricks to fool people in buying drinks for them in bars.

>nobody respects Jedi
Shut the fuck up retard.

>Psss, you are like a little handmaiden. Watch this.

>when he laughs with two lightsabers crossing in his face
Chills man. Original Sheev best Star Wars villain.

QUINTS ARE TRUTH!

a jedi weapon ≠ a jweapon only for jedi

Oh, man, I made the effort to find the "≠" sign instead of using "=/=" just to ruin my post with "jweapon"

Lucas had the good sense to put the line in Episode 6 and even years later in the 'making of the lightsaber' doc he reiterates the point that the lightsaber is more symbolic than anything. Jedi don't shoot lasers. The weapon can defend against attack and dispatch foes. It's not a perfect weapon because it can't shield a jedi from everything and it's not a long range weapon, but if a jedi is talented enough he can block most laser blasts.

When it came time to show the Sith he threw that out the window because he wanted a bunch of duels. Even the Emperor would duel. Twice. Even though these people have been shown to be unscrupulous and wouldn't hesitate to shoot pistols, throw bolts of electricity or use telekinesis to hurl objects at their enemies. He could have even made up new powers. If he wanted a couple of duels so badly he could have written it so that the Sith tend to take dead Jedi's lightsabers and fight with them. Doukuu is the obvious exception because he was trained to use a lightsaber like Anakin.

One story that was pitched to Lucas was that Yoda and the Emperor both never used lightsabers, so their entire fight is about Palpatine ripping things out of the ground with his strength and flinging them at Yoda, while Yoda is focused on using his force abilities to help Jimmy Smitt's Bail Organa escape with the remaining Republic Senators. George Lucas said to the guy 'are you trying to get my picture at this moment?' and the guy said 'no I'm just spitballing this thing I've had in my head'. George asked him to empty his pockets because he was convinced the guy (I think he was an ILM guy) had something that was causing electrical interference in his pockets. Lucas then kept cutting the man off as he continued to speak saying 'what? what? huh?' and the frustrated employee went for a drink of water at the fountain outside. George followed him outside and began flicking the water in his face
Again I'm not sure if that's the whole story of the pitch

This is such a retarded concept

>hurr durr, there can only be two sith, a master trains an apprentice, who will eventually betray and kill the master and then train another apprentice for some reason, even though he knows that the apprentice will just eventually kill him anyways
>sith philosophy is that everyone kills and betrays each other because ???
>WHY DO THE JEDI KEEP BEATING US?

Just got off the phone with the High Counsel of Autists. Good news: they are going to let you off with a warning this time. Keep your nose clean going forward, and your status on the spectrum should be preserved.

At this point he had wiped out all the Jedi and there were no lightsabers.

Luke has a lightsaber thus giving away that he has received Jedi training and is a Jedi.

This is obviously an important insight as it would lead to his downfall mere hours from this scene.

I'm bumping my answer so you retards read it because I've interpreted it this way LITERALLY since I saw at 9 years old before phantom menace.

So Darth maul and Dooku weren't sith?

The Jedi beating the Sith is far older than the rule of two, in fact, the rule of two was created by Darth Bane in order to make tthe sith stronger and prevent them from etting completely killed by the Jedi

Holy shit, were you some sort of child prodigy?

>Sith really only use lightsabers because they are viewed as a Jedi weapon
How else would they even fight jedi if they didn't use lightsabers?

If the sword is a knights weapon then why do the Samurai carry them?

Lightclaymores

>Batman V Superman is only middle-tier
Get this reddit-tier bait out of my face.

It is not less active, it is not why I have always retconned the care of man's freedom. This manchildren. Alec Guinness original obiwan, is clear.
His memory of history

>And as he walked the streets of San Francisco, where the young child and his mother, and came to Jesus. Has kept his saying: I saw in the time of 100 more Star Wars. From Alec not enough, and said to the servant: Do you promise not to see Star Wars? A child wept.

This boy is the son of a bitch. What are you doing with those guys. You, who are interested in the tradition of the freedom of the genius of all times, that 1 was to be avoided to change the weak, and dull of mind, the will of the executive. Your colleague and miserable. If you do not want to grow together until now led a miserable life.

> B - at least better than the Star Wars Harry Potter
It is not! And this village being situated in a space, which is exactly the same. Vestibulum all the stories of the classic black and white the history of morals in the whole sphere of the human race.

Honestly, if they should sit amet.

These are not the 'ttentions you are looking twardt

IM DYING AHHAHAHAHA

Cares for most retconned amet steadily, and I do not understand what you are detained. Then came the manchildren. Alec Guinness first Obi Wan, as was evident.
This story used to relate:

> San done so at a go through all the fields, came to him, and the mother of the child. Has kept his and said, I saw in the Star Wars 100 times. Alec tired of the, and said to the servant, Do you promise me you will never watch Star Wars is? Child unsurprisingly, wept.

The boy is now a man-child. One child. Thou also art wounded in a makeshift taliones the freedom of executives who are interested only in the intellect of the apathy of the whole and free. You and your manchildren, and wretched. If you do not want to grow, just as now led a miserable life, loss of life.

> B at least is better than Harry Potter Star Wars
No! Which is as much in the designated area. The classic elements of the narrative of the story irrelevant amalgamation, and unrealistic to the interpersonal relation, all of which treat in black and white and clean.

Sincerely, I will kill you.

>at the point of making the 6th episode, Lucas actually had some sense in his brain to make this difference between Jedi and Sith, and Vader being not a real Sith (because he was a Jedi before)

This. Back then, Sith were different from Dark Jedi. The Emperor was a Sith, but Darth Vader was a Dark Jedi. This terminology existed all over the EU books, official games, comics, etc until the prequels when Lucas changed it so all Dark Side Force users are now Sith.

Chance of retconned a lot of constants, and I did not understand. Then came the manchildren. Since, according to Alec Obi Wan, as is clear.
This is said to himself:

> All ye holy the fields, came to him, and the mother of the maiden. Guinness said, I saw Star Wars 100 times. Alice, exhausted in mind and said to the servant: Do you promise me, never to watch Star Wars is? Child unsurprisingly, and wept.

The boy is born. One child. Liberty, with all the understanding, and of the wounded in a makeshift taliones executives who are in obscurity and free. And manchildren and pressed. If you do not want to grow, for the destruction of men, as it now led a miserable life.

> B at least is better than Harry Potter Star Wars
No! Which is as much in the designated area. Classic elements of the world and to us, among others, and all the white and the black were Amalgamation.

Farewell, I will kill you.