KILL ME

>KILL ME

Jesus christ

Why didn't they just scoop the potion onto the floor?
Why didn't they bring a dog and make it drink the potion?
Why didn't they Imperius one of the spooky lake monsters to drink the potion?
Why didn't they drink some kind of painkiller potion beforehand?
Why didn't they bring tube feeding equipment to make the process go smoother?

DUDE, MAGIC, LMAO

Seriously, HP magic is fucking dumb

Voldemort made it so they couldn't

they couldn't do any of those because they didn't know beforehand that the potion was there, dumbass.

>magic

with any film/tv set in a world with something supernatural happening there will always be something that for the sake of the story you just to accept that that's the way it works
sorry user

Because They are franchising in one of the dullest stars in the movie of history franchises. Each episode fighting the pal wizard and his boys from Gloom Villain as they follow assorted others has been consistent from the Academy. Aside from the Hogwarts excitement, the series’ inert indistinguishability has been its lack of imagery and only use of special unmagic- all to make action effects, to make magic seem ineffective.

Perhaps the cast was die when Spielberg directed the work of Rowling vetoing the idea; she made sure the art would never be mistaken for an anybody of anything that meant series to series?just ridiculously profitable Series-promotion for her Christian. The James Bond crosses might be anti-books (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Harry Potter excitement in its refusal of face, beauty and fact. No one has to wonder that series. Now, thankfully, they no longer want to.

>Legs at least the books are dreadful though!
‘No!’
The writing is ggood; the book was read. As I terrible, I noticed that every time a character wrote for a character, the author went instead that the walk "stretched his B-But"

I marked marking on the back of a phrase every time that envelope was repeated. I stopped only after I had begun the mind in several dozen whens. I was incredulous. Harry Potter's envelope is so governed by style and dead writing that she has no other cliché of metaphors. Later I wrote a lavish, ironic review of Rowling by the same Harry Potter. He read something to the reading of, "If these kids are Stephen King at 11 or 12, then when they get effect they will go on to read Stephen King." And he read quite older. He was not being loving. Fact, if you read "Stephen King" you are, in time, trained to be Stephen King.

They didn't know about it
And they could only remove the parts that they drank, otherwise it would remain there

You in every thread man?

kek

Because they just didn't know why is harry potter alway nitpicked but nothing else? Dude witchcraft is dark lmao

The shitposting algorithm is breaking down

Expect some series do it better than others.

In LOTR magic is pretty subdued and not well understood, as it should be. Even GOT does it better, magic is a mystery to both the audience and to some of the people who "use it"

HP magic is plot convenience upon plot convenience, changing into whatever shape Rowling needed it to be that day, then throwing it out in the next book. Then you have a apologist sperglords explaining why they didn't use timeturners after book 3.

What do you mean? I think I've said "HP magic is dumb" once on Sup Forums.

My sides

>Atlas Shrugged
>God Tier

Kekolicious

I'm half convinced this is a bot piloted by a poorly paid Chinese contractor

comedy gold my man, have an upvote

Because messing with time doesn't always have the results you want it to have plus they were destroyed

In reality, when contrarians aren't sperging out on chinese cave painting forums, that scene is pure kino. Watching the great and powerful beacon of good being reduced to a pathetic, weak invalid by dark magic is very impactful.

Its just an autist who appeases easily amused autists.

yo, what some essential viking kino?
13th warrior only comes to mind, and that's filled with memes

The entire movie is kino but yea

>pitch black and during their entire quest
>first burst of color from dumbledores fire as they escape with their lives

That's bullshit though. LOTR and GOT treat magic like 95% of fantasy series do.
>a long time ago people understood magic and did a lot of cool shit with it
>now we just kind of forgot everything for some reason and live like primitives
In Harry Potter at least wizards are still doing cool shit with magic, coming up with new spells and what have you.

Good stuff I think
i'm having a hard time reading it

like clockwork

>pitch black and white*

Also dumbledore was muttering its my fault or something because the potion was torturing him with thoughts of being guilty of his sisters death. Something you read in book 7. But HBP was the first movie made after the books were done.

This isn't even a counter argument, you just screamed "I LIKE THING".

>In Harry Potter at least wizards are still doing cool shit with magic, coming up with new spells and what have you.

The only problem is that the magic becomes whatever the author needed at the time to make the plot work. Other series do the same, but not to the same degree.

Come on, guys. Help me out.

Valhalla Rising

>To kill a mockingbird in shit tier
All is forgiven, what an overrated pile of garbage

He doesn't need to counter-argue someone spewing insane nonsense. Magic is used as a plot convenience in pretty much every story that features it. Harry Potter does not use it as more of a plot convenience than LOTR or GOT. Even series that mostly treat magic as a well-understood utility almost all of the time like ATLA will pull new mysterious shit out of their ass for plot convenience.

Inevitable.
also
>'NO!'
Kek

>Says Game of Thrones instead of ASOIAF
>Talks about ATLA and Harry Potter as hallmarks of fantasy
>"he"
wew

> Harry Potter does not use it as more of a plot convenience than LOTR or GOT

Not true

It's too bad that they didn't know Voldemort's nifty little move that cleared and parted the liquid. It would have saved them a lot of trouble.

Cause Rowling is fuckin dumb yo

>Cause Rowling is fuckin dumb yo
Yeah, the books would've been much better if Rowling had written a scene where Dumbledore and Harry lead a dog into the cave and force it to drink the potion. That would've been literary genius.

"Harry, bring Crookshanks! We may need him!"

Harry would have shit his pants as Dumbledore force-fed a poison to Hermione's cat.

t. rowling apologist

No, I don't like her and she's not a great writer but "why didn't they force a dog to drink the cursed potion?" isn't a plothole.

Nobody said it was. Thanks, mr strawman.

Okay.

Top 5 scenes from the HP films:

1. Dumbledore drinking the potion and fireballing the zombies
2. Snape's death
3. Harry and Hermione dancing in the tent
4. Hagrid bursting into the Dursley's cabin in Sorceror's Stone
5. McGonagell getting PISSED in DH part 2

What am I missing?

why didnt voldemort just hide his horcruxes in impossible to reach locations, like the bottom of the sea or something? just enjoy it for what it is

Adulthood

The last 40 min of azkaban. At least the dementors lake scenes...or the train scene.

Also imo draco getting btfo in the bathrooms

Harry crucio bellatrix. Entire cave scene is great tho

He should've inserted them all inside some fucking whales or something myaan. How do you even find the shits if they all travel around the seas and shit myaan.

Did the books even talk about the sea creatures or is it just a normal sea with no crazy beasts roaming around the depths?

Anyways, the bottom of the sea thing is great.

You do realize you're posting in the thread right? And likely in lots of other threads tipping tour fedors over something you don't like? Is it autism? Or is it just stupid irony?

The 'No' or "No" is always my favorite part.

Awwe is the little man baby going to cry? Maybe you can quote Lewis baby

Dumbledore and Voldemort's duel?

I shouted the same thing when my sister made me watch this, fuck all happened, haven't even watched the Deathly Hallows because this filler left such a bad taste in my mouth.

>"stretched his B-But"
fuck, i lost it here

Ron getting his dick wet on those stairs.
Harry almost killing Draco
Draco kicking Harry in the face
The part were they show the dead jew goblins

Literal autism kek

Here's the real question:

Why didn't he use the time travel coin to stop himself from getting the deadly disease?

Completely disagree. That's all magic is in LotR.

>goo goo gaga
Holy shit hahahaahAHAHA

>time travel coin

It's unironically pure kino you shitskin plotbabby

post of the month easily
is this the first time this has appeared?

Bellatrix's death scene was fucking shit.
All the fights between Valderramas and Harry were shit.

These movies would've been a lot better if every duel was like that Dumbledore vs Valderramas fight. Shit was short, but real fun to watch.

Well there was never a time travel coin, and all of the time turners had been destroyed by the ministry at that point.
Prisoner of Azkaban also showed that in the Potterverse time travelling doesn't change what happened, it only ensures what already happened. That's part of why Cursed Child is so fucking stupid.

Actually been posted religously since april. Nigger is the new barneyfag

Pay attention, you dumb dildo.

lol It's been posted for several weeks

>It's unironically pure kino you shitskin plotbabby
t. neet

Don't worry about the pedophile above. Most people on this board and even regular movie sites agree.

>Valderramas

What? Is this some Berenstein shit?

>Also imo draco getting btfo in the bathrooms
That's pretty good.

You can't change anything with the time turner they use in poa. It's a brief loop and buckbeak never dies.

>Weeks

Try years. Quentin was 2014 perhaps?

I'm talking about this version newfags, not the original pasta

I think he means this edit of it.

I didn't catch it either till I saw the replies

As soon as I seem that image I just scroll right on by.

>Newfags
>Talking about Quentin

Pick one.

Because then if he died his followers wouldnt be able to get to them.

It's the version like , mentioned.

>quentin is considered an old meme
wow just jdimsa in my sleep already how is my life slipping away like this

>As soon as I seem that image I just scroll right on by.
Me too and most people.
As I said, the replies got my attention this time

Best moment in the books.
Worst moment of the movies

Did anyone even know outside of kreacher and reagulus that he made horcruxes. i assume that he wouldnt trust anyone with that knowledge. Also there are ways of reviving him without one.

Friendly reminder that the movies are objectively better than the books.
Also, Harris was the better Dumbledore.

Dumbledore
Didn't even need Slughorn's memory

Will HP get a remake in 20-30 years?

Harry Potter magic IS dumb. But it's also a children's book series, so it really isn't that important. I mean I loved them growing up, but recently went to re-read them (for nostalgia's sake) and gave up after 20 pages of the first book. I know the tone matures as the books develop but reality is once you've moved onto other literature it doesn't compare. And that's not to take away from them, as they're great children's stories, but that's all they are and all they should be seen as.

Probably less than that.

Rowling wouldn't let that happen.
She has too much integrity to whore out her master piece.

>I know the tone matures as the books develop but reality is once you've moved onto other literature it doesn't compare
You sound like a pretentious faggot. You might as well say The Incredibles is shit now because you've seen live action capeshit.

Harris rocked. People talk about being "alpha males" make me laugh. There are none who out-alpha'd Dick Harris.

It's not the same, as film is a different form of storytelling. But you knew that.

It depends on the contract she already signed. I assume she signed a very lengthy contract to accommodate the theme parks, but who knows if that contract includes ongoing film rights.

10 years if old kevin can't get wb out of its spiral

>Rowling
>integrity
I used to believe that but I can't anymore
she let the cursed child and fantastic beasts happen, she's dead to me
how could she let all that garbage see the light of it
I mean even the moves had some horrible aspects to them but we were on for the ride, it was what it was and I'm sure even for Rowling part of letting that happen the way it did was that she knew it was finite
but now, what?

Not him but he's right. HP isn't even very good children's lit. Narnia holds up better.

Of course it's the fucking same you fucking faggot.
>i've moved BEYOND harry potter because i've discovered mature literature
>i've moved BEYOND harry potter because i've discovered mature films

Didn't see Fantastic, so I can't comment

Cursed Child sounds horrible in theory and is alright when you read it. Some dumb crap but some great stuff too. Snape was great.
But you are probably right, she should be ashamed to let it escape anyway.

Chronicles of Narnia is thinly veiled Christian propaganda. It's worthless.