Series of Unfortunate Tokenism

>Mr. Poe is Black lol!
>Montgomery Montgomery is Indian lol!
>The hookhanded henchman is Muslim lol!
>Aunt Josephine is Black lol!

Why is this allowed?

Hookhand henchmen was god tier.

Have you guys seen The Good Place? Every soulmate couple is interracial or gay. I don't care but some of you must hate it.

The show is bad and you're a faggot

bump

Have they ever made a black character white yet?

If you don't care, why mention it at all?

This.

It got really old by episode 3 and I couldn't make it through episode 4.

Except black Mr poe and the hook guy were the only good things about that absolute garbage shitshow (save for Klaus; if only he was in the movie then we might have close to a decent adaptation)

I'm mostly bothered about how they try to modernize the setting, it kinda ruins the whole atmosphere for me.
>Don't touch that lamp, I bought it online lol
>How should we get there? Uber?
Aren't the books set around the 50s-60s? At least they try immitate that period.

America just did with their president

The books purposefully give it a whacky timeline like in one at the beginning someone is using a telegraph, but later in the same book there's a computer and internet. Show is just awful all around though and should be ignored completely

no running in my lobby

Did anyone drop these books around the tenth? They just became so tedious, and without the relative locations it was such a mess.

Wanted and The Warriors. I think that's it.

I read them all the way to the end, but they stopped being interesting around that time, yeah.

Last book was the best book

Patrick Warburton kept reminding me of Don Draper.

klaus was the worst actor by far. terrible delivery, lips always either quivering or being licked. disgusting.

Mr. Poe and Hook-handed Man were very well cast. Josephine and the Daily Show Indian less so imo.

2nd to last was. Penultimate Peril.

BRRRRAAAP AWAY

BRRRRAAPP AAWAAAAAAY

kys faggot

>complaining about the ethnicity of the characters instead of the fact that the show is an awful clusterfuck

Sup Forums everyone

i am thoroughly enjoying watching this show. Having never read the books nor watched the movie, and not really caring to.

what am i missing out on? You guys seriosuly triggered that there's a blac , muslin and indian in the show where there wasn't one before?

Literally who gives a shit?

who cares

only a literal autist like you would give a shit

Will Arnett and Colbie Smulders are the worst part about this show

>mazel tov!

what did they mean by making the evil moneygrabbing pederast a jew? seems awfully like another shoah to me.

Tbh even though Im kinda bored I hope that they get more seasons, I always wondered what happened at the end as a kid and I'm too lazy to pick up these books as an adult to find out.

>not purposely making inflammatory OPs to get people to talk about the characters

New to Sup Forums?

Poe, Montgomery, and the hookhanded man are great. Josephine is eh.

this. I conveniently only read the first four books (a little bit of the fifth too) and season 1 wrapped it all up nice and neatly.

My biggest concern with dragging it out for 3 seasons is aging. I get that you can replace a baby easily but the other kids are true to their character's age and puberty is gonna fuck that up.

You wanna know how I know you didn't read the books?

When you're casting the family members of the Baudelaire's a White family, as nonwhites, that's a problem. You're putting in minorities for the sake of putting in minorities. This wouldn't be a problem if the actors were good, but the actors for Monty and Aunt Josephine are bad as they don't capture the essence of those characters at all.

dude all the acting is bad

the kids are bad
the black guy is bad
joan cusack is bad
NPH is bad

the show is awful

Agreed. Hookhand is best henchman.

Same. I read the books in 2002 and the latest one then was the 9th book.

i just assumed they werent actually blood related and that they were all part of the secret organization hinted at in the show

I read all the books but I don't remember much

Are they worth another read

they're childrens books

read some literature instead

>When you're casting the family members of the Baudelaire's a White family, as nonwhites, that's a problem.

I guess you never got it from the book, but they weren't actually relatives. They were all colleagues of the Baudelaire parents in the VFD.

You guys realize that the author of the books writes the scripts for most of the shows and is listed as one of the producers, right? It would be ridiculous to think he doesn't have a hand in cast selection.

they're so easy to read that you might as well. Any adult reader could knock the series out in a week.

They're supposed to age over the series, so that's a helpful part about making it three seasons. Not very clear how because when you read the books it seems like it all takes place over just like a month or so, but by the end Sunny is talking.

They're friends of their parents, not blood relatives, you actual fucking retard

huh. well i did admit i never read the whole series

I would think they kind of lose their charm, though, the older you are. The last book came out when I was 12, I don't think I would have kept with it if it had been a year or two later.

It's more supposed to be a child's introduction to dark comedy.

Because Netflix is marxist faggotry

>Colbie Smulders worst part
checks out

>When you're casting the family members of the Baudelaire's a White family, as nonwhites, that's a problem
Monty is the orphan's "late father's cousin's wife's brother" and Josephine is their "second cousin's sister-in-law". They're not direct relatives, it doesn't matter.

Jim Carrey was much better as Olaf, Stefano, Sham
Meryl raging cunt Streep was better as Josephine
but the new Lemony Snicket is wonderful. Jude Law is a faggot

>British comedy
>The white guy is evil while the minority is good.

I think the show is great. Yeah there are a lot of changes in race. Are they doing the entire series for 26 episodes? At what pace?

Books 5 to 9 planned next season, 10 episodes
Presumably 8 more for the last 4 books in season 3

>The white guy is evil while the minority is good.
They're all grossly incompetent. Fuck it doesn't even matter what race the adults are, they're still damn near useless.

He wasn't much worse than Violet, they both have two expressions. At least she's nice to look at.

Wtf were the parents alive in the books? Does this have an ending or is it just goofy shit?

That's why their biggest show, Stranger Things, only has 1 diversity cast member despite Tumblrinas pressing them to hire more for season 2 right?

They're not alive in either

They made a bunch of Asian characters white

BRAVO NETFLIX

Either keep watching or spoiler below

It's the quagmire children's parents

a series of shoehorned events led to this casting

it's diversity, it doesn't HAVE to make sense Lois!

I didn't really care about Montgomery and Poe because I felt their actors did a good job, but the lady they got to play Aunt Josephine was just a really poor fit. I liked her in Luke Cage, but she was just irritating in this.

It's pretty fun

glad to see nph doing what he loves

Hookhand was best part of the show.

The actor for Mr. Poe grew on me with each episode, and pretty soon he was the most entertaining to me. Entertaining and frustrating, as he should be. I never got used to the Hook-handed man, because I always went by the illustrations of him in the books, and I always thought he was a bit more serious. In the show, he's just an evil goofball. Forgive me if I don't remember too much, but it's been ages since I read the books.

Also, I thought Montgomery was great, and Josephine as well. So, hopefully, I'm still allowed to be pissed off at changing Roland in The Dark Tower.

i thought the musical bit at the end was a "cute" idea made worse by NPH singing in his normal NPH voice with no attempt to be olafy

it was a sorely missed opportunity that they didn't dovetail the song with the theme song. i was waiting and waiting for the key to change and someone to go "look away" but it never happened.

i guess i'll still watch, i'm glad that fuck poe is gone

honestly the only one that bothered me was Josephine.
I really am not a Meryl Streep fan but her portrayal of the character in the movie was so much better