How do we fix music?

How do we fix music?

Attached: Lil-Pump-759x500.jpg (759x500, 48K)

white people need to stop rapping for one

remove post african repetitions

it doesn't need "fixing"
just follow a scene you enjoy instead of just focusing on the mainstream and shitty soundcloud rap

this

Seriously this

Everyone needs to stop rapping, period.
Ultimately to fix music you have to fix society. The shitty state of music reflects the shitty state of western civilization; it's all garbage front and centre with digging required to get to the good stuff in the undercurrents.

ban all nigger music

More Lil Pump

these

This.

no bullshit, this little fucker lived with a roommate I had for a time when we were producing in miami. Now I'm just the guy who knows lil pump on a first name basis to almost everyone I know.

I’m jealous

you're miserable enough already, why do you keep on living.

kys seriously. Your family would probably be relieved

>t. nigger

we bring this kid back and kill pump

Attached: LIL-PEEP-x-MONTREALITY-screenshot-billboard-1548.jpg (636x421, 45K)

he’s right you loser

pump is good

>Just ignore what's going on goyim, oh and buy the latest degenerate rap single :^)
You won't survive the purge

music is dead, modern music tries to convey artist emotion to the audience- it is inherently a cheap medium of one-way conversation with a beat behind it. music is a social entertainment it fills the gaps in conversation and provides privacy in the most public of spaces it gives you something to express yourself to and an excuse to express yourself with someone. it also provides focus by making you intimate/giving you privacy with the task at hand. background music is the best form of music in this case... whatever does not take your focus away from the situation or from your friends family and lovers. music supplements our lives.

because of all this, i think the various mixes out there with a steady, predictable beat are the epitome of generations of music. a beat is cheap, but it is the simplicity of a beat that provides a pulse to an ever more erratic world, not the other way around.

t. obese pathetic waste of space

delete all rap

it's not particularly something to be proud of. I don't mind his music, I produced some tracks for him that he never used but "Boss" was produced by my roommate. It's kind of hard to hate someone who you produced music for, since a lot of the effort is yours, but when the "friends" come crawling out of the woodwork to ask if lil pump can show up at their party it becomes remarkably irritating.

this is the biggest load of bollocks i've ever read

fuck you

>purge
lmao you fucking LARPer

Attached: smack that table.gif (500x455, 496K)

Attached: 1469145310958.jpg (392x500, 44K)

this
that
cat
in the hat

nice impact font maymay
have you considered going back to >>>/facebook/
what the hell are you even going on about

Attached: 1513481761932.jpg (1090x926, 97K)

A rock movement that doesn't suck shit from a straw. No more revivalist bullshit, I don't care if you have draw on heavy punk, metal, whatever.. Something with some raw energy and passion for a change

$8 mill deal btw hahahaha suck dick faggots! EESSKEEEEEDDIITTTTTTTTTTTTT

the fuck r u talking about m8.

why do you all you guys who want to "fix" music just want rock music to make a comeback and not any other genre
music isn't just hiphop and rock

the only people that glean anything 'valuable' from music are... fill in the blank for yourself......

........seriously answer it for yourself first......

....don't read further until you do....

...ok....

far from the best and brightest of our world. they are emotional and shallow-minded. music is incapacitating to any message an artist wishes to deliver to their audience. it assaults one sense, hearing. going out in public on a walk is more emotional than music... you feel the wind, you watch the trees turn and the cars drone on and the birds perched, you smell fresh air and the petrol of centuries-old technology in action and the plant flora. a movie is a better medium than music to convey an emotion, but movies and music are both one-way streets. in life, you are the artist, and the world your canvas, and you the world's canvas. music's best quality is that it helps you paint the picture.

I have no problem with good jazz being relevant again, either. That seems like a long shot, though.

Attached: jerry.jpg (360x374, 18K)

why do you reject the human experience for artificial pleasure?

A synthesized guitar that sounds close enough to the real thing. Rock music will come back if it's democratized to the same degree that electronic music is.

holy shit you pretentious windbags need to fuck eachother

no joke that sounds cool as fuck and I kind of hope that happens
why do you think you sound smart?

We need to start a 50 cent lil pump beef

i am literally telling you to listen to trap, electronic mixes, and pop music... pretentious? trying to sound smart? lmao

listen to real music. shove real music down society's throat the same way society shoves shitty music down our throats. Highjack the aux chord at a party and play some fucking Paul Hardcastle. Blast some Aphex Twin at 3 million db from your car stereo with your windwos rolled down at a stop light while wearing some dope ass sunglasses and reving your engine. Go to your co worker's roommate's brothers show at that random hole in the wall bar and buy a fuckin CD.

this

Seriously this

cancer

oh wait, maybe i should clarify... you both seem to claim that i'm wrong about music being simply background noise, that it carries emotion. so really, who is the pretentious/trying to sound smart one here?

read

Instead of complaining about it, create some of your own if you think you have what it takes. Run it up the flagpole and see who salutes it. Otherwise, shut the fuck up cause you're not making any difference.

>music is simply background noise
have you never actually sat down, listened to an album, and put some thought into interpreting it? ever?
I can't tell if you're just pretending to be an imbecile or not

reminder to sage and report all Sup Forums threads and posts

also what is there to fix? the internet was arguably one of the best things to happen to music. you can easily spend a few minutes searching for the perfect music that represents you, you're no longer forced to listen to music you don't want to listen to. if you want to be a part of a music scene, you no longer need to know anyone in that scene. you just search for what you're looking for and you're placed smack in the middle of that scene, no questions asked.

do you want to fix mainstream music? for what reason? people who treat music as a commodity don't want to listen to anything beyond mainstream music. this occurs in every single art form. why is it a big deal?

I agree. A new movement in rock/jazz music that can really be crowd pleasing and full of energy would be awesome. Someday, hip hop will fall into the shadows of music as rock/indie music has and something else will take its place. I hope it happens before I'm old.

rock and indie aren't dead and neither will hiphop be dead in the future
basically this guy summarizes how I feel and how honestly everyone on this board should feel
we have the internet now, you don't have to bother with music you don't like if you don't want to

yeah of course i have. i used to do that all the time, i started a decade ago with pink floyd albums and continued years ago with Sup Forums reccs but all throughout i've always understood that music is man-made entertainment made for the purpose of sales to cater to a compartmentalized industry. i have lied to myself for years that music can carry emotion and have an impact on my life, but over all the genres i've listened to, the one consistent theme is that i don't care about a particular artist's feelings, their feelings do not resonate with me and they do not provide me with emotional satisfaction (the one exception being music that is upbeat and aurally-complex [while remaining consistent and predictable]). i've pulled back from having any music library at all- i just bookmark electronic mixes i like, and these mixes go over well at parties and help me focus on work or otherwise.

>tl;dr: interpretation of artistic works is a weak form of entertainment, sex is better

I don't really feel like hip hop is dominating the cultural zeitgeist. It's more like you have this pop stew that has a bunch of ingredients like RnB, Rap, Indie rock, electronica, singer songwriter etc. Hip Hop as it was originally is pretty much as dead as rock is. This trap shit is pretty far removed from the actual original hip hop culture.

ITT children acting as if they have any real impact on anything outside of what goes on in their sandboxes

DIS NIGGA LOOK SO UGLY LMAO

Hardstyle Ska.

fucking kill yourselves then go back to tumblr/twitter/reddit

t. upset skinny pale faggot

i agree with the second half but i feel like rap/hip hop have some serious potential to have some influential classic records.

we don't

>Sup Forums whining about how they dont have an $8 mill deal

hahaha fucking losers

>

/thread

LMAO
are you retarded

Stop listening to it