What went so fucking RIGHT?

What went so fucking RIGHT?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OG2nEPYXL7c?t=22
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

based ledger literally carried all the other wooden actors in this movie

Christopher Nolan is a fucking HACK
his robbery scene was clearly ripping off the superior heist scenes in kubricks the killings

Bump

Ledger gave a performance so good he literally gave his life as a counterbalance

He started the fire that would later become baneposting, if there was no ledger there would be no baneposting, say thank you Ledger

One actor carried the movie. Then the hotheads had him suicided to keep the fire from rising.

3rd act was shit

Both true btw

The fact TDK was legitimately good and TDKR was legitimately awful is what prompted baneposting.

To be pedantic.

It was a decent crime thriller that happened to be about batman and the joker.

that opening scene should be taught in film schools everywhere. It's just so perfect.

Nothing will ever match watching that first scene in the movies again.

watching this right now, what should I expect?

>tfw Ledger will NEVER come back EVER
Why has this feel lasted the longest?

Like his comic book counterpart, his origin is multiple choice, unlike Tim Burton's Batman which has a single origin established.

It's (((homage)))

inb4 Kubrick was Jewish

It had 5 acts, 3rd act was good

Can you break down the act structure for me?

Great performance from Ledger. Only issue with the movie was the Harvey Dent storyline while very good, felt a bit rushed especially the end.

One of the few actually good superhero films, along with Batman Begins and Spider-man 1&2.

this. i don't even remember dubsman in this move

>Yu Enyor friend's are dead!

What did he mean by this?
Who's Yu Enyor?
Is he a character from Batman Begins?
Why is he referenced suddenly in this scene?

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

BRAVO NOLAN

>"I'm Dunheer"
>"Yu Enyor"
>"We're McKenna with Drahl"
>"Ayquill the bus driver"

How many fucking characters were there during that scene?

Kek

That and the fact that the opening Bane scene leaked first so it stood out as ridiculous even more.

Please let this become the new meme, I want in the screencap

Yeah
Act 1
Act 2
Act 3
Act 4
Act 5

Dent dying like a bitch was underwhelming as fuck

It's Heat with superheroes. And Heat is great.

I & others have tried to get it to take off every time the bank manager or TDK comes up (have a search through the Sup Forums archives if you don't believe me) but somehow it never does. Our meme magic is low, I fear.

>whats wrong withtha fong kong
What did Nolan mean by this?

I recognize this meme.

There are a ton of cinematography fuckups, but the actors and the sound design saved that flick. They somehow managed to make the nonsense they were reading compelling. See Rises for contrast, it failed exactly for the opposite reasons.

So we found children playing with a tangerine the size... of a tangerine.

I didn't like it when I first saw it but after almost a decade or MCU trash now it looks like a fucking masterpiece. Same with TKDR

>he doesn't know that the Bank Manager's real name was "Ewan Yafrendsuhded"

PLEB ALERT

I know bro...it sucks

This. Plus the city-wide plot following multiple key characters and the entire visual aesthetic is taken straight from Heat. Except it doesn't have the moral ambiguity and rich characterization that was at Heat's narrative core. Instead of we get flat characters with some half-baked exploration of fascism.

If Ledger didn't put on one of the greatest performances of all time the film would have been as dull and inflated as every other Nolan movie.

>those old images
fuck me I can't believe i'm getting nostalgia for old Sup Forums

Batman Begins was the superior film

The Dark Knight was a narrative mess and everybody who claims that it's some kind of kino cinematic masterpiece is just wanking off Ledger's corpse

I'm gonna echo a lot what others said here but TDK is pretty overrated and nowhere near as great as I remember it being. I adored this when I was 14 years old, but coming back to it recently was super deglamorizing; especially after seeing a bunch of other Nolan movies that I didn't like.

Ledger basically carries the entire movie and it would be absolutely worthless without him. The whole thing is just very disjointed, it's like a series of vignettes that's just there to be cool. The actual plot of the movie is super barebones, Nolan does his usual thing where clever stuff always gotta happen, whole movie is filled with so much far-fetched stuff simply for the sake of Joker's "got ya!"'s, it gets really tiresome.

A lot of Begins was just boring. Origin stories suck. I don't care one bit about watching young Bruce Wayne being all angsty and shit.

Because we all had our first gay feelings about heat

>A lot of Begins was just boring. Origin stories suck. I don't care one bit about watching young Bruce Wayne being all angsty and shit.

The first half of Begins is literally the best part of the entire Dark Knight Trilogy, it's when the rushed capeshit half comes that BB goes bad.

I thought it said what it had to say to a tee. You've gotta do things you wouldn't otherwise do when faced with certain situations. Joker hounds Batman for thinking he's like the lawmen he helps, tells him "you're gonna break your one rule," is all about proving that even the most good of people can fall. Harvey falls, and Batman had to break his rule to kill him.

It's nothing overtly profound, but there is profundity in how it plays out and comes to fruition. I would say it's a little too on the nose if it weren't for the fact that people don't get that Batman had to kill Dent, proving Joker right.

why did tdkr suck so much

Poor fight choreography, but TDK also suffered from this. Mediocre action scenes and set pieces. The biggest problem was Batman not dying from the nuke, I feel. It cheapens the notion that this incarnation of Batman was willing to die to protect people if he saves his own skin and fucks off somewhere to fuck Anne Hathaway's nonass.

>It cheapens the notion that this incarnation of Batman was willing to die to protect people if he saves his own skin and fucks off somewhere to fuck Anne Hathaway's nonass.

TDKR is about Bruce Wayne growing up, becoming a real 'man', emotionally speaking. To do that, he has to give up this perpetual channeling of adolescent pain - and that means give up Batman. It's an anti-Batman movie.

Instead of An Heroing, Bruce wins his freedom, and that means surmounting his neurosis and wrapping his mom's pearl necklace around the neck of a real adult woman.

I actually think Nolan played him as relatively 'sexless' for that reason. He is a 'Knight', chivalric. All his dates are beards, he never consumates with Rachel, and he seems to be a loony NEET at the start of TDKR.

Right, I get that. Finding a woman and all that etc. But it's not within the Batman that Nolan established to live for some woman he doesn't really know. The whole film they keep talking about, particularly between Alfred and Bruce, that Bruce wants to die. And then what a tweest he goes off to fuck Anne Hathaway. It's so out of left field it's contrived. It's somehow becoming of a "real man" to abandon any sense of justice you kept up your whole life and fuck right off to leave Gotham to its own devices? I understand he left Joseph Gordon-Levitte in charge but the point still stands.

Well, fair enough. To me, the key is that Nolan puts the role of 'The Batman' as being something rooted in adolescent pain, or even childhood. It comes to hold him back.

The movie is kind of like a parallel to a rockstar's final tour, realizing he needs to move on and pass the torch. Of course, that's out of step with the comic character.

>he left Joseph Gordon-Levitte in charge
But does he feel in charge?

Well written villain with a great performance.

I've got no qualms with the passing the torch part. That's fine, really. The old generation handing off the world to the new.

What is this?

To this day I still can't see one bit of Heath Ledger in the Joker.

He is the Joker, no matter how cheesy that sounds.

Agreed, I usually don't understand when people say "I didn't see the actor, just the character!", to me the actor is always there.

But with Ledger's the Joker I actually genuinely just saw the Joker, having a ton of makeup probably helped.

>YFW YOU SAW IT IN IMAX 3 TIMES
>YFW EVERY TIME THEY CLAPPED AT THE END, NOT JUST ON OPENING NIGHT BUT EVEN 2 WEEKS AFTER RELEASE

BRAVO NOLAN

re-watched some of it recently.

I couldn't watch it all the way through; it wasn't very good. Heat's performance was still interesting to watch. But that's about it.

boring predictable movie for man children

It's a fantastic performance. Part of it is that the makeup changes the shape of his eyes, for example : it doesn't look 'exactly' like him.

But curious : do you see less of him when you watch this ?

youtu.be/OG2nEPYXL7c?t=22