jew propaganda.

most jewy film I ever watched. utter trash

Hated every second that didn't have milf boobs in it

>shit happens: the movie

This. Great film

awful

>utter trash

Come on now.

Jesus, why would you ask Sup Forums? You're just begging for retarded people to drool all over a masterpiece with such shit as
or
and especially
Pass that fucker.

its literally mocking the religion most of the time, and even at the end its like oh our god is like i dont care and even the rabbis dont know wtf is going on

Jewish propaganda

lol never seen it summed so perfectly and succinctly

>shit happens
>a bad thing

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, eh?

>jew is only a religion
When do you graduate middle school?

>most jewy film I ever watched
This is accurate. It's a great movie though.

yes its also a race, if you make a film about a group of people it isnt propagandizing that group of people
specially one where they show them as very flawed individuals

but you're a poltard so why do i even try

The scenes with the korean kid were hilarious

Legitimately one of my top favorites

Story of the goy's teeth is one of my favorite things in any movie.

It would be best to ignore him or filter phrases like "jew propaganda" or "jewy".

But I like things that are jewy.

This is defamation!

Very troubling.

I loved it. I know that its kind of a copout to say that the people who don't like it don't understand it but I actually think that's true. I can sort of understand not liking it because of the religious elements but if you can look past those its truly a great movie. Top 20 for me.

Just watched this a few days ago and was dying of laughter in a way that I never have with a film before. Tonally one of the Coen's best-- a less ridiculous and far more focused The Big Lebowski tbqh

Gotta thank Sup Forums for the rec

It's one of my favorite movies of all time but I'm Jewish
I can see why people who don't have any experience with Judaism might not get it.

I was raised as a Methodist in a small town and this is still one of my favorites. What about the movie did you need to be Jewish to get? I thought it was pretty universal...

i watched like 40 minutes but I don't understand it, at all
it's too Coen for me

This movie is a masterpiece.

Propaganda for what exactly? It's Jewish filmmakers telling a story about Jewish culture. You would have to be retarded to change your religion based on this movie.

Stressed me out to an embarrassing degree.

When his neighbor shot his brother in the dream and said "Look, son! There's another Jew!" I said out loud in the theater "What the fuck!" like an autist.

It literally makes fun of Jews you fucking imbecile.

One of a handful of movies I found too boring to sit through

Pleb.

jews are as much as a race as west viriginians that fuck each others cousins
you're both trash that's all that matters

>movie that asks questions and answers them
>critics pan it as predictable and shallow
>movie that asks questions and never bothers to answer them
>instant hit with critics

No one cares what the answer is to "where is Luke", faggot

Why ask questions that you know the answers to? It's the very definition of pretentiousness.

there can be many answers. This isn't math. So even though a movie presents an answer the audience may agree or disagree with it. Anyone can "agree" with a question, it's an easier tool to implement

>movie that spoonfeeds you
>shallow horse shit
>movie that doesn't spoonfeed you and treats you like you're not a fucking dumbass
>well received by educated people in the medium

wow whodafuknthunkit

>there can be many answers
Then it falls to the second category.

wrong premise, an answer is an opinion as well. If you take an opinion at face value that's your fault, not the movie's. It's not spoonfeeding

not when the filmmaker refuses to propose any single one of them

Doesn't matter if the filmmakers offer one of the many (non)answers to a question like the one A Serious Man asks, or no answer at all. It is a question without a definite answer, so it falls to the second category.

not only a question without a definite answer, a question with no possible answer at all. Which, in a storytelling medium is not worth asking if you don't have the bravery to take a stance

Jewkino

You are objectively wrong.

Not one film that is considered as a "masterpiece" gives the viewer a singular universal answer.
If it did, there would be no countless theories or analysis of the film because there is just one correct answer.

If Stalker or 2001: A Space Odyssey had an answer like you said, it would only make them even simpler, dated and more finite.

A film viewing should be a personal experience for everyone, not a universal one.
It's the same with all artistic mediums really.

I saw Apocalypse Now recently. It's considered a masterpiece and it really leaves no ambiguity for the viewer. So I don't think I'm objectively wrong

actually I can think of so many unambiguous masterpieces. Shawshank, Schindler's List, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Seven Samurai, The Silence of the Lambs etc. Unless the production or the acting is trash, there is absolutely no risk in making an open-ended movie whereas a movie with some statement opens itself up for criticism.
Some of my favorite movies are open-ended but this isn't to say they deserve praise for being that, only for their flawless execution

Such a weird picture to use for it. Fantastic film, one of my favourites.

Wait, so you think if a movie has a closed ending it gives a singular universal answer?
And if it is an open ended movie then it gives no answer?

Are you aware how ridiculous this is?
You are dismissing all of the film and judging it only by an ending, might aswell just watch the ending then.

Also all of the movies you listed don't have a singular answer to it's themes and narrative, the fact that the endings are closed is just the end of the plotline, not a magical answer of the film.

And A Serious Man gives a pretty hard statement about life in general with it's ending, no matter the fact that we don't know what will happen next to the character.

Jesus christ, finally some actual discussion in this board.

my whole point is that even if there is no singular answer, it's more praiseworthy to present your answer to the audience and let it accept or reject it. Of course I'm not dismissing the entire film since that's what sets up the filmmaker's stance at the end

The entire movie is about a man's quest for answers to questions that have no answer. I cant think of any way the filmmakers could give a concrete answer to their questions without the mobie sucking.

>The entire movie is about a man's quest for answers to questions that have no answer
not the same guy but that kinda means the movie is pointless

If that's the case then life is also pointless.

jew religion is the lamest most ripped off uninspired creation
it is shit and is boring and does not provoke thought
instead it annoys you and makes you want to kill other jews
even jews hate other jews
this movie is trash is because it's about judiasm

life isn't a storytelling medium

The movie does have a point - it doesn't matter if you are religious or non-religious, we all want answers but have no way of getting them. We may interpret something as an answer, but we can never be sure that's the case. The film is saying that even without answers, you can't just give up on life or remain unsatisfied - bad things may happen, but it's important you live a good life, and love others.

Since when does a story need answers?

Master, is that you?

God I loved that movie.