How do I tell if a movie is good or bad?

how do I tell if a movie is good or bad?

People tell me "just form your own opinion" but my opinion tends to me wrong and I'm a fool.

just believe in yourself, user.
all your dreams can come true.

I have this problem too OP. I thought suicide squad was awesome and badass then I got home and read reviews and was shocked.

Amy movie I enjoy turns out to be bad. Maybe our iq is too low?

An easy way to tell a movie is good is if you enjoy it.

>An easy way to tell a movie is good is if you enjoy it.
But what if i just have shit taste.

The first step to having opinions is to realize that only you are right and everybody else is wrong. The only issue is why they're wrong and how wrong they are.

>if it comes from your heart it is the truth
stop caring what more intelligent people think about you.

You have good taste

ask Sup Forums if you liked it

Just say DUH ENDING SUCKED or DAT ENDING and you're an expert like Sup Forums.

you have the best taste in deciding what you like

Armond White often praises movies that are considered bad and yet he's respected as a critic. It's okay OP just b yourself.

This.
If everyone says that movie you like is shit, it's not you who's wrong but everyone else. This is the principle DC fags operate on especially.

*Ask Sup Forums if you liked it and then do the opposite of what they say

>posting on Sup Forums after leaving rēddįt

Yeah your taste is shit

You really shouldn't be allowed to watch film unless you've taken some english classes and developed a taste in literature. People like you, aka the unwashed masses, are funding the hollywood machine and you aren't even able to tell a good film from schlock.

>taken some english classes and developed a taste in literature

how do i do these?

not enough money to go back to school.

I don't know how to read. I mean I can read the lines but I can't get the message and make an observation like the DC kino memes seeing jesus sybolisms.

Maybe I'm just too dumb? I just watch movies and go home and forget most of the movie even though I enjoyed it.

I'm sure you can find some community college lectures on youtube. There are also sites that provide free lectures to introductory courses by ivy league professors. It would take you a couple months. I think everyone should occasionally take some writing courses to refresh on the basics. Writing and communication are so important in society, it would even improve your ability to shitpost.
If you have a low IQ it might not be worth the effort. It would just stress you out. If you're happy being illiterate, keep playing video games and watching big budget movies. I don't know how to help you. Are you white? Personally, I don't think negros belong in white civilization.

Literally go to a thrift store/used bookshop and go to the "literature" section. I suggest starting with everything thats read in high school.

Great gatsby
Othello
Of mice and men
Grapes of wrath
Catcher in the rye
Flowers for algernon
Brave new world

Have fun desu

Read the bible, Shakespeare, and some greek philosophy. That's basically all a man needs. Literature is a giant wankfest by academia elites.

>If you have a low IQ it might not be worth the effort

>tfw IQ is 82

Is that good enough to watch movies smart?

if you found Sup Forums alone, your IQ is high enough to enjoy media

>I'm too dumb to understand people like reading reviews to gain new insight, or to see if its worth checking out, or sometimes just have a laugh not be told what to think.
Although maybe if you're looking at Rotten Tomatoes you might be that dumb based on the expert reviews there, 9/10 of which include SJW buzzwords.

if it has a love story subplot or plot in it its going to be shit
ill give you a hint
>all films have love stories and are thus shit