TFA gets released

>TFA gets released
>Still discussed here
>Rogue One gets released
>Forgotten after three weeks.
What went wrong?

Shitposting about a bad movie is infinitely more entertaining than discussing a good one.

>What went wrong?

You came to Sup Forums thinking there was film discussion

>good one

>Rogue One
>good
Le toppest of le keks le lol XD pepe

Sup Forums got BTFO when it became clear it was going to pass a billion so they stopped talking about it.

this guy gets how it works around here

There really wasn't much substance to rogue one.

We agree that it's good.

No text scrawl. Even fan made movies at least get that right.

No one cares, it's just a bunch of dumb normies flocking to see it because they love star wars now ever since it became cool to be a nerd or whatever

it didn't make as much money so the contrarian fags aren't as triggered.

This whole thing was literally a filler episode, it added nothing to the canon and nothing of consequence happened because it couldn't interfere with ep 4. The second it dawned on me, my enjoyment plummeted.

It'll end up another Avatar situation where people just vaguely remember it

But how does this apply to this case when both movies are shit?

>TFA gets released
>Rogue One gets released

Wait a second -- this board is LITERALLY supposed to be confined to people aged 18+ years old or older...

And yet OP just started a thread -- LITERALLY -- that is devoted to a series of children's movies.

Hello?

TIME FOR A WAKE-UP CALL.

TFA still gets discussed because it's sequel is coming soon R1 was a one shot story

>Star Wars movie
>released on Christmas
>no competition
>still takes almost a month to make a billion and it won't make much more

What went so horribly wrong /teevee/?

There are literally threads about it every single day.

Your butt hurt amuses me. I'm glad Star Wars makes you sad. Your life has no meaning.

The more I think about this, the more it annoys me. You can just lay down the basics, like that the Republic fell, turned into the Empire, and has begun the suppression of planets and things like forced labor and genocide, leading to the formation of the Rebel Alliance.

>Sup Forums
>not starwars/capeshit/blacked 24/7

Where's the screener?

The movie has already topped 1 Billion. It's foreign release dates have come and gone. It's already starting to get pulled from theaters in the US.

Where's the damn screener?

Every crawl after ANH was boring as fuck and they were right to drop it.

TFA obviously. If TFA was great, normies would have been hype mobilized to see R1. But TFA was just ehh

It's just not very good.

The characters don't give enough to like or hate them. The story doesn't have enough to talk about after it's over. It didn't add anything interesting to the EU. There's nothing to talk about after it's over.

It's a bland action movie with Star Wars memorabilia stapled to it.

Your opinion on everything is shit.

Pic related came in handy

It was pretty bland and forgettable.

It's literally the best Star Wars movie. Sup Forums was proven wrong again and now they're butt hurt about it. The only thing this board wants to talk about on a regular basis is black dicks.

In other words, you don't care that you are a virginal, NEETBUX-cashing, disability-claiming, basement-dwelling, children's-movies-watching autistic loser.

The rest of humanity is sickened by your lifestyle, yet you persist. I can't say I approve of what you're doing, but there it is.

tl:dr

Your opinion on everything is shit and you're incredibly butt hurt about it.

>Trying this hard to sound superior
You're on the shittiest board of the shittiest website, don't delude yourself into believing you're better than everyone else here.

>forgotten after three weeks
are you fucking joking? you must not come here very often. There has been a Rogue 1 thread/debate every fucking day since release

Its a plot with no legs

Having that lame pre-packaged response ready to be deployed within 20 seconds says a lot.

It was forgettable, while TFA was a bad blockbuster. You don't see a lot of threads on Sup Forums about forgettable or good movies, just the bad ones.

>good
RLM says otherwise

R1 is a generic "I can't believe it's not Marvel!" blockbuster relying on nostalgia to make money

TFA is just that but also very bad

being better than TFA doesnt make a movie good. At best it was alright

Rogue One is less of an incomprehensible insult to the legacy of the Star Wars heroes, and more of a boring side story that resolvees itself in a predictable way.

I guess the worst thing to come out of Rogue One lore is that Vader is able to leave the suit when he wants to and that he lives on Mustafar. It doesn't nix character development of ~40 year old icons of cinema in favour of promoting their knock-offs.

The types of threads that persist on tv:

1) bash a movie that is overwhelmingly popular
2) be a contrarian and defend a bad movie, or just make fun of it

movies that are average to good without too much mainstream hype don't get the shitposters riled up so the threads generally die faster

Newsflash:

Based on topic counts, Sup Forums prefers 2015 movies like "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" to movies like "Carol" or "Room" by a wide margin.

Also, by the same measure, Sup Forums prefers 2016 movies like "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" to movies like "Moonlight" or "Toni Erdmann" by a wide margin.

Now, let's not get carried away and assume, therefore, that Sup Forums is chock full of plebs. Theoretically, it could all be based on a retard-driven botnet, or on folks accidentally hitting the 'submit' button.

So let's all relax.

I just want to point out again that claiming Rogue One is better than Force Awakens is complete madness. Not gonna claim Force Awakens is all that great but for fucks sake, get some perspective, people.

Force Awakens is good because it is A New Hope.

why wouldn't you watch this in a cinema if you're so desperate to see it?

You sound like a cunt

i made a thread about it crossing the $1b mark at the box office earlier today

i think Sup Forums and Sup Forums in general are preoccupied with trying to trump bait at every opportunity and its really brought the quality of the entire board down

when the children tire and move on to their next epic meme, we might be able to get back to discussing our beloved star wars

Either you are under 18 and hence shouldn't be posting on Sup Forums, or you are an autistic virginal manchild with sincere opinions regarding the "correct" rank order of the Star Wars movies.

Exactly. Which is a lot more than Rogue One has going for it.

much of Sup Forums doesn't watch anything until it gets spread on torrent sites. you see this with every movie. A big surge when it comes out and then a secondary longer-lasting surge a few months later as people start watching it for free. plus when you have it on hand you can nitpick finer details than just whatever you recall from the theater.