Why does no one make historical epics anymore?

Why does no one make historical epics anymore?

no superheroes

They cost a lot and have limited appeal.

New ones will come out from time to time.

Boring as fuck

They're expensive, often require a lot of extras rather than just CGI, and they can't be made into extended universes

extras cost too much nowadays

It's not for kids or women---the only 2 audiences that exist anymore.

BLACKED it pretty historic

Can you imagine when the white race is finally gone and the history books corrected into proud black culture? Its going ot be glorious

Martin Scorsese just did last year.

He will bring them back by executive order

Uhmm Europe has made quite a few in the last 7 years

Yuro films are all shit

Historic fact does not fit contemporary truth.

Unfortunately this

I'm dying to get a Fall of Constantinople movie or a Battle of Vienna movie where we see winged hussars charge in and save the day

Siege of Malta movie when????

Or First Crusade
Shit is downright inspirational

You could have a Historical Cinematic Universe

normies think its boring. When they try to hip it up they give everyone black leather clothes and fantasy weapons that appeal to no one.

Also history is problematic, hard to shoe horn in diversity unless you want blacks to play NORTH Africans, which can only work in so many stories. And if the directors make a full on anti-western take most people wont want to watch it, and they make non-whites bad guys SJW will riot.

It's just easier to make a dumb action movie with a white guy in a suit as the bad guy.

Cuz Jews have decreed all movies about historical events will be limited to either civil rights civil war or ww2 in europe

Julio-Claudian Cinematic Universe would be utterly insane.

I'm surprised there aren't more movies about Masada or the last Jewish revolt against the Romans.

You get better value out of the production expenses if you do a TV series instead.

>tfw it's cancelled
Fuck you Netlix.

Spotted the underage faggot

Also history is pretty complex, unless its supposed to be a single battle or campaign, or just a story that happens to take place in the past I think shows are better.
It's why Alexander was so long and boring. But I an HBO or Netflix mini series about Alexander would totally work.

So actual history pretty much? I do wish they would make more though it's my favorite genre of movies.

>movie about George Washington's involvement in the French and Indian War
>in the post-credits scene, Thomas Jefferson (played by Sam Jackson) shows up at Mt Vernon
>"I'm putting together a team"

because liberals get triggered by other time periods
pleb

That gave me a kek

Honestly I would watch that.
>SAY PREAMBLE AGAIN! I DARE YOU MOTHA FUCKA!

It would be amazing if they could make a complex family drama with war epics being a part of it.

the world is to PC now, you would have to rewrite history because you could not have any brown/black villains, ever

they do, they're called oscar baits

What is Jerusalem worth?

Historic epics can only exist in written form. A movie could never capture the splendor of Gilgamesh or Beowulf

Historical films that all play into each other? How about six film epic of the fall of the Roman Republic starting with Sulla and Marius and ending with Octavian Caesar?

>It's why Alexander was so long and boring.
Alexander was long and boring because Oliver Stone was a hack.

> But I an HBO or Netflix mini series about Alexander would totally work.
I want this bad.

sure they can

I would rather have a high budget tv series of the winter king and its sequels.
But if they did they would probably fuck it up with shit like warrior women ad stuff.

>tfw in real life Saladin was the one grinning like a creep over butchering the christian soldiers instead of his aide
>tfw he ransomed Jerusalem and sold the ones who couldn't pay into slavery instead of letting them go like the movie says
>tfw the "christians butchered every muslim within these walls when they took the city" was standard practice for every medieval army on earth as a consequence for the city not surrendering peacefully, and a warning to other nearby cities: this practice of butchering defenders but sparing surrenders has been observed by all christian and muslim nations during the entire period. The only stand out example was Baibar, a muslim who repeatedly said he would spare christians and then slaughtered them and raped the women the second his men got in the city.
>tfw he did this so much people eventually refused any terms, and the Templars had a few extremely heroic last stands against him

>How about six film epic of the fall of the Roman Republic starting with Sulla and Marius and ending with Octavian Caesar?

How about we stop making films and TV shows about the fucking end of the Republic and actually move on to other periods in Roman history? We only have some 1000 years of history to draw upon and yet the same tired old story is told over and over again.

Nobody cares about the Etruscans, Claudius.

>t. Frankish propaganda fellow

Ebeerding :DDD
Nudding :DDDDD

Fuck I did It backwards

Is it propaganda if it's true? There are many instances of Muslim cities surrendering peacefully to christians, muslim armies butchering and raping christian cities, and vice-versa.

Begone you swine.

This.

Also, they're bound to trigger at least a couple of groups so expect shitty think pieces and boycotts.

>no superheroes
Julius Caesar
Alexander
Charlemagne
William the Conqueror
Genghis Khan
Cardinal Richelieu
Henry Kissinger
Bismarck
Napoleon

>Henry Kissinger

Cost a lot of money and nobody wants to see them.

Just look at the History channel.

>he killed people so he's bad
note the other people on the list. Kissinger is a soulless robot whose only goal in life was furthering US interests. Nations would kill for an advisor like him

ALEXIOS I KOMNENOS IS BEST EMPEROR

not saying he is good or bad, just seems out of place on that list

Get fucked.

I think there's a strong case to be made he's the best diplomat of the 20th century, hence his inclusion

not an argument

Hard to make a movie about significant historical events that aren't about white people

They've been replaced by Superheros as the new flavor of the month.

I'm sure they'll come back eventually.

what about the hundreds of ancient Rome/Greece/Biblical movies?

They did remake Ben-Hur was that not enough for you?

You looking for something more nonfiction you can always watch W. Not really epic though. But Bush conquers alcoholism.

>Significant discrepancies exist between archaeological findings and Josephus' writings. Josephus mentions only one of the two palaces that have been excavated, refers only to one fire, while many buildings show fire damage, and claims that 960 people were killed, while the remains of only 28 bodies have been found.

needs Churchill and Oliver Cromwell

Because there is always someone getting butthurt.

So instead they make historical movies about slavery and how the white man is evil incarnate

weak bait. Also Nixon is the only good Oliver stone movie about a president

agreed. Also Nelson

>was standard practice for every medieval army on earth as a consequence for the city not surrendering
It happened, but it was far from the norm.

I really liked this.
>opens up and ends with modern day Jewish soldiers at Masada
>is obviously meant to be a propaganda piece FOR the Jews
>the Romans are the only relatable characters, thus making it work in the exact opposite way
Based Silva gave them chance and chance again to surrender, but nope. Rather kill their families and then themselves.

Nevermind, you might be right for the middle east especially during the crusades.

PITT THE ELDER

>mfw Genghis would ask cities to surrender and be spared
>some would surrender
>he'd still kill and rape them, sometimes rape and kill to freshen things up
>Pope wrote him a letter claiming he was God's steward on Earth so Genghis told him to come to Mongolia and kneel

History is sexist, racist and disgusting.
It was meant to be changed, We can't teach this stuff to our children. We need to throw in couple of women leaders, black successful leaders and more dead white people.

>Historical Cinematic Universe
Nigger that's called fucking history

>>That feel when waiting for someone to adapt Wars of the Diadochi to big screen or expensive historical series

not enough PoC did anything cool in history

not necessarily. The average moviegoer is a 16 year old teenage girl so there needs to be a very clear connection between the historical figures and events. IRL history had entire centuries where barely anything happened

I'd like that, but it's the only bit people are even slightly aware of

I'm a lecturer and I try and squeeze a bit of history and politics into subjects where relevant to make it grounded. Whilst teaching about Public Health and demonstrating the sanitation of the Romans as a starting point, one asked "was this after the Tudors?" and another "was this in England? No? Doesn't matter"

LORD PALMERSTON

Oh vey goy, are you questioning the 960?

well some did, but it was violent and sexist so it will be ignored

the Mongols got some cool movies, I'm sure there are some African Kangz movies, Muslim historical epics would be off limits unless you paint them as peaceful mystics.

Because when they're manipulated to tell an interesting story, factchecking fags get all uppity on the internet and ruin it for everyone even when the beginning of the movie explicity says it's all bullshit by calling it a legend.

>was this after the Tudors?
This is why we can't have good historical movies.

It's a pretty keen insight into Jewish psychology that Masada is something they're proud of.

>entire centuries where barely anything happened
I want to violate you with a potato grater

Ritual suicide isn't something uncommon throughout Jewish history, though it did hit a high point in Western Europe during the High Middle Ages.

>we will never get a proper movie about Cortes conquering the Aztecs

Because they won't be able to appeal to as many shitskins.

El Dorado 2 when?

>battle of stirling bridge
>there isn't a bridge
DROPPED

China doesn't care about the Aztecs Movies are made for the Chinese now. Just look at Matt Damon doing a Great Wall movie.

I dont even care if hes portrayed as a villain, he conquered all of mexico and the entire Aztec empire with like 200 guys. would make a great movie

that's absolutely true though. But let's say that there are entire centuries of which we barely have any data

What if Jackie Chan plays Cortes?

Chinese history is really confusing. Its just constant civil wars and mass death

because they are lame

Good movie but by the end I just wanted to kill myself

4 hours is way too long

Three Kingdoms 2010 series is so good.

Every century had kingdoms and warfare. Always something going on since ancient Mesopotamia

even though I consider myself a history buff to some extent, I couldn't even force myself to care about history east of Iran. Maybe there isn't good western-oriented material on the matter but I'd rather get raped in the ass than read about the Kung Fu dynasty fighting the Kung Pao dynasty

yes but sometimes minor kingdoms and minor warfare which had no impact to speak of

Hm...That might work. And make the Aztecs played by Japanese actors.
Chinese history is explained in one simple way:
Your dead ancestors are all greater than and more important than you.

>And make the Aztecs played by Japanese actors.
Reminds me of Cannibal The Musical where they had Japanese people as Indians, who also spoke Japanese, practiced karate and had the Japanese flag on their tepees.