M. Night Shyamalan has delivered a second hit in a row as his latest film, Split...

>M. Night Shyamalan has delivered a second hit in a row as his latest film, Split, is estimated to have delivered a top five January opening, leading the weekend charge with a three-day opening four times as big as its reported $10 million budget.

I hate to admit it, but this fortuitous set of circumstances for M Night and his film, turned out to be one hell of a twist

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1ogdhLOwP3s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That tweest.

And the constant expoliting of delicious teen cleavage, ass, and legs.

Especially..her

Yeah.. im thingken he's back.

>second hit in a row

that shitty movie about the grandparents was considered a "hit"?

This sand nigga is back, boys.

Praise be to allah.

It made 10 times its budget.

Is he dare I say /back/?

U N J U S T
N
J
U
S
T

I'm glad, this means he can make more shit kino with studio money

damn I gotta admit that little dude is good at making returns on investments
sucks he is afraid of toilet witches though

>tfw M Night hires Brendan to star in his next smash hit simultaneously resurrecting both their careers

>the twist is he gets unjusted

I'll never see it coming

That budget must have been extremely low.

I would unironically watch a new Mummy movie directed by M Night

M Night directing
Brendan starring
Title: UNJUST
Tweest: A super hero sidekick to David Dunn who turns every just person to unjust. But...his powers are used against him when Mr. Glass uses his mirror like ability to Just the Unjust hero.

How can David save his friend?

Date 2019

$5 million budget.
$98.5 million box office.

Yeah, 5 million is pretty fucking small.

user, you don't even have to defend that position. Only reddit would ironically watch it.

That return on investment though.

5 millions. I'm sure there are commercial more expensive than that movie. When you set the bar so low it's pretty hard to fail.

>second hit in a row
what was the other hit?

Sixth Sense

It's a cheap as fuck found footage movie. Those Paranormal activity movies brought in a fuckload more. Shymalongdong just recognized the genre is easy money.

that was 20 years ago

When is this salty fuck going to remake Unbreakable!!!!!!!

REEEEEEEEEE

So?

The Visit

I must admit I haven't even seen it. Quite frankly it doesn't matter, because it made a lot of money. 100,000 Million is a lot.

>Watch The Mummy last night
>Be reminded how much I fucking love this movie

Oops, 100 Million

>be m night
>be praised like the second cumming of christ for cinema throghout the '90s
>hit the 2000s, start producing unbelievable shit, waste tons of hollywood shekels, become laughing stock
>mid 2010s, somehow gather a few bucks, make a couple of very low budget flicks that just for the fact that they aren't as fucking horrible as your precedent movies are praised as a second renaissance
>2020s, now that hollywood trusts you again, get good shekels again to blow them on $100+ million shit

Pottery. But seriously, I think low budget flicks are what m night is ok at. He has two qualities: a distinctive visual style and interesting concepts for plots. That's literally it, even at his best he was grossly overrated.

>wanting a remake
>not a sequel
Fun fact, Shymapooinloo originally planned Unbreakable in three acts; Dunn discovering his powers, him being a crimefighter, and the final act being a showdown with Mr. Glass. He discovered that the beginning act of Dunn discovering his powers was the only part of the story that really interested him, so he focused on that and expanded it to be the entire movie.

I'd totally watch a sequel with Bruce and Sam reprising their roles.

I haven't seen the third, but I heard it's bad. Can you confirm or deny? I really liked how Jewish that one Arabic character was, he was good for some keks.

I haven't seen it either, I picked up the first 2 on bluray.

I actually completely forgot the third existed.

there is literally no way someone like him can make a film for $10m

Why?

>A showdown

But, wouldn't he just... break Glass?

Aye, I hear it's set in Chyna. Sad.

The third movie is garbage. Brendan lacks his usual charisma from the earlier movies, Jet Li is wasted, shit action, shit pacing, no good jokes or atmosphere.

No Rachel Weisz

He's the Lex Luthor of the Unbreakable universe. He would no doubt have some complicated scenario set up to get the upper hand on Dunn.

apparently he also likes to poo in the street and not in the loo. really makes you think

>No Rachel Weisz

I just saw the Lobster, maybe it was the makeup and the director intentionally going for an ugly look, but she didn't age that well. Jew blood probably

I liked Signs, that was /Christkino/

I love the first two but the third is awful.

Totally. It was his last good movie.

But user, The Village is his best movie.

You're kidding, right?

I have nothing against Indian-Americans, but facts are facts, no?

The harsh truth, Sanjay, is that 'Split' has only grossed $45,990,000.

Even "Arrival" (considered a 'flop' on Sup Forums) has grossed $163,159,006.

I get it that we all want to "welcome back" M. Night Shyamalan. But let's keep it real.

to the faggot from the fb Sup Forums page, YOU SUCK AND IMOGEN IS UGLY AND BLACKED

Is that the horror flick about the guy with 30 personalities holding some chicks captive? Tried to download it but ended up with some fucking rom com about bowling. Fucking shll what a twist.

The Visit is considered a "hit"? That was one of the worst movies i've seen.

>what are budgets

You must be baiting though.

Maybe he's the reckoning for the liberal cucks of hollyjew

>Make great, rewatchable movies and kino on a short budget
>studio execs give you blank checks
>create garbage kino until they stop trusting you
>regress back to smaller stuff and good movies

rinse and repeat

The rom com was probably the better horror movie.

F-, step up your math game, user.

>what are extremely low budgets
fixed

Hit means something that make a lot of money, not quality

To be honest I didn't even know it was a M Night Shamalang movie I was looking for.

Signs is good old fashion spooky alien fun. It's kinda dumb, but it's a monster movie in the same vein as Night of the Living Dead or The Birds. No ever seemes to question the zombies or birds, but if it's "aliens" everything they do better make sense. Even though the movie Predator gets a pass, cause it's so explicit he is a hunter. Signs even goes out of its way to say the aliens are not being predictable and are hard to make sense of.

I thought The Village was ok too. It's Lady in the Water to After Earth he just does utter dogshit movies.

/got/ is trash and m night is god
get

>aliens
They're demons user.

This user is correct, and I'll add that the bad period only includes 4 movies, whereas his good movies now number 6.

He's fucking with the Jews

Yeah, I grew out of my autistic cinemasins tier stage of hating a movie for not explaining every little detail and justification. There's a lot more important stuff to watch in films.

>missed the point this hard

it shouldn;'t matter either way.

>tfw DRUMPF publically executes the cinema sins faggot live on periscope

>tfw it feels good

>Patels chiming in

No, we all get it that 'swarthy affirmative action' is a thing, it's just that in reality arithmetic doesn't quite work that way. Sorry.

> still trying push this lazy bait

>5 actors and a few extras, all nobodies
>entire movie shot in a house and a little bit on a train
>no special effects or cgi

The cinemasins guy is perfectly good, it's literally his job to nitpick flaws in stories and the overuse of tropes. If you get this butthurt seeing someone point out inconsequential inconsistencies in films you like then perhaps you should choose another "hobby".

SO, a hit, and then two decades of bullshit (though that's not quite accurate), and then a second hit, is not two hits in a row you pig FUCK.

I got your point, I was just pointing that out m8.

Jeez, you are retarded. Just google

You're gay, it might be funny as a joke, but it's not legitimate criticism and should never pose as such.

>Bruce Willis appears in a Marvel-esq end credit scene

youtu.be/1ogdhLOwP3s

Bravo Shamalomolon, what a tweeeest
Redditors actually believe this was amazing

I'm retarded for calling him retarded? Okay man.

It doesn't though, it's literally a comedy channel.

What?

he gets a lot of shit wrong though

like saying something is a sin because it was literally too deep for him

unless hes playing dumb just to fill up 15 minutes of video

Does he? I'm not exactly an avid viewer, I just view him as being a guy who makes jokes by nitpicking movies. That doesn't mean he doesn't like the film though.

Though now I think about it, I took issue with his review of The Witch. At one point he basically said he would have liked the movie if it wasn't horror, and I don't even think of it as horror really. But more to the point, it was his prejudgement on the movie that ruined it for him - he was expecting horror, so he judged it as horror.

I post sixth sense, because i didn't think that somebody actually don't know what "in a row" means and gonna take it seriously and get buttblasted. Sorry

tbqh I never understood the hate for The Village. I see the twist get raggeed on a lot but it's probably my least hated Shayamalan twist outside Sixth Sense.

I don't even think of it as a twist.

>oh they were in the current year the entire time

So what? That doesn't matter to them, they live in the village in their self-imposed isolation. Sure, if you're watching the movie for the first time and haven't heard anything about it (unlikely) it's unexpected, but it's hardly a twist. It's certainly not on the level of the protagonist being dead the whole time, or the alien invaders being defeated by severe acid burns when touched by water.

Yeah...I'm thinking he's back

He got famous for low budget horror I'm not shocked he's good at it. Still doesn't explain Lady In The Water