Last of the great movies

Let's all be honest this is the best action movie that has ever been released in a long time and will also be the last.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CTJlmlZWWHA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hardcore Henry is pretty fucking rad, in my opinion. But yeah, Mad Max kicking so much ass is a miracle in this age and day.

And even second tier movies like suicide squad have pretty good actions scenes (Deadshot handing asses in the alley, for example).

Hardcore Henry was a 10/10 theater experience.

Sup Forums seems to hate it (so I guess Im supposed to?) but John Wick is so fucking good. Yeah its has more schlock than Fury Road but its still an incredible action movie. I hope they build on the John Wick world with all the assassins and their codes and rules and all that.

Everything revolving around the hotel was pure kino

I wish Hardcore Henry had a bigger following (and a bigger income at the box office) , those guys were really trying meld the videogame and movie action genere and fucking accomplished it.

I have not seen John Wick yet , but is on my list, also the John Wick 2 trailer is amazing,

>>meld
Blend, sorry i get retarded from time to time.

Yes. They did a great job. I want to see those guys make a propper DOOM movie

You gotta see John Wick immediately. That movie is flat out incredible. No Fury Road but they have two totally different tones and styles so its not a fair comparison

youtu.be/CTJlmlZWWHA

I would had KILLED for a proper DOOM movie with those Ruskie guys behind it, not the abortion of a movie that Doom was. Imagine The Rock directed by those guys....

Thanks for the link will check it right meow.

Lemme know what you think. Will lurk

As long as they use Classic Doom or D44M aesthetics

I was thinking , have you seen Versus ,its a japanese action-gonzo film ? Its pretty fucking good , in an Evil Death 2 kind of way.

The director , Ryhei Kitamura also made some mad action movies , cheap looking but with an amazing eye for action scenes.

Hardcore Henry was fucking garbage.

I really want Sup Forumseddit to leave.

I finally saw this movie a week ago, and it's become my favorite action film. There's just something about it that makes it all so cool, and the acting was the best I've seen, especially on Furiosa's character.

one of the best feminist movies

Fuck me , that fucking scene is amazing , seven minutes of pure fucking "kino" as they say in this board.

The photography actually reminded me of God Only Forgives / The Neon Demon, but in a better way.

Fuck, now i have to see it, tonight! Thanks, men.

Overrated garbage. I could make a better movie by putting a dick in my ass and eating dog shit.

I was also expecting this WOMAN ARE STRONNNG type of movie, but guess what? you can also have a female partner that kicks ass in an non-sjw way, i mean , like Robocop and Lewis.

people are baiting right? comparing mad max (5/5) to john wick (3/5) and fucking hardcore henry (0/5)?

>the best action movie that has ever been released
Only if you ignore the story. Hard to stomach a non-stop action film that keeps trying to make you feel guilty for enjoying action flims.

If you think this topic is "reddit" and "garbage" with all due respect, why are you posting in it?

Yeah, there are some people who liked Mad Max, H. Henry and other. Why sour the milk?

No, well , at least not me , i like what is been posted on this topic.

I also like the original Mad Max trilogy, if that matters in anyway , shape or form to what we are discussing.

>hear tv thinks its feminist
>watch it
>it's a mere plot device and isn't at all

I guess normies might see it that way....

If you like thunderdome then yes it matters because you are a retard.

More like pol guys , right?

Everymovie with a female protagonist is SWJ, everymovie with a jew is bad and disgusting etc.

If anyone deserves an exclusion from that kind of bullshit it's Charlize Theron.

I've been cranking it to her since before I was born.

>You gotta see John Wick immediately. That movie is flat out incredible. No Fury Road but they have two totally different tones and styles so its not a fair comparison

You might be a little bit dumb buddy

You didint like ANYTHING about Thunderdome?

Not even the retarded with a evil midget at the top of his head that is in control of the city electricity production?

Did you like EVERYTHING about the first Mad Max ? Some scenes that SOME people argue that are "Kino" , well , to ME , are just plain boring.

To each his/her own, i guess?

tbqf this is the only move on Sup Forums that makes me believe in the Sup Forums menace

It's fucking awesome and 90% of it has nothing to do, even remotely, with feminism...

>keeps trying to make you feel guilty for enjoying action flims
Nigga the fuck you on, it celebrates being an action movie

I wouldn't be so quick to declare it the last, and it really is a fantastic movie.

It renewed my hope for the future, because even in the current climate of reboots and -equels, amazing things like this can be made.

Exactly my amigo , SOME Pol guys, well, i am going to sound rude, but just paint the whole wide world with the same brush, in order to be able to understand it .

Do you know who also thinks this way?. People with no education, rudeness in the blood and little kids (with all respect to young , healthy in the mind kids).

Given George Miller has made each Mad Max movie almost completely separate in terms of style and aesthetics, what do you imagine the next one will be like?

Except for the fact that all the protagonists are pacifists who are trying the escape the world of violence, occasionally making speeches about how bad violence it. If you just look at the screen and ignore the story, then yeah, it embraces violence.

Bingo , you said it perfectly.

What did he mean by that incoherent mess of a post?

Yup. Nothing feminist about it. You sure showed Sup Forums

Pacifists ? Maybe they are running away because they are outnumbered , outgunned, with basically the citys big boss hunting down their asses,

Furiosa is trying to escape the world of violence, but is doing it through violence, not like she despises it. And Max is a fucking angel of death giving no fucks about violence at all.

>some ugly dyke wrote an irrelevant article

Fuck off nigger

>protagonists are pacifists
I don't think we saw the same movie

I meant this friend : Sup Forums can stay in their board, and Sup Forums stays here, you know, being fair?

How is it feminist when Max saves her life by giving her his man blood?

and without Max they never had any hope to begin with.

She was there to assist with the wives' acting with being a slave.

Everything else was untouched by her.

Also, just because someone declares something is feminist, it isn't. Hell, in this movie, both the patriarchy AND matriarchy fail.

*she also wanted to make Max stay with her because she wanted his dirty penis

also all the feminist mothers die off in the film.

She does despise it, she talks about how "you created this world of violence" and how horrible it is. I mean her goal was getting to the big garden with girls and flowers, how big of a warrior do you think she is? How the fuck did you watch this movie completely missing the message of the thing? Were you guys too busy clapping or something?

fury road is such a good movie it serves as a great pleb filter

lost its charm after the 4th viewing for me but i have legit adhd so to get me to even finish a movie is a feat

I have to believe that you're aware of the irony here.

Probably bait, but the movie is feminist in the sense that men and women work together equally.

Both Max and Furiosa wouldn't have survived without the other.

And her whole arc is literally about her realizing that her dream was just a chilidish fantasy and, comin to terms with real world. Have YOU seen the movie?

It is feminist in the sense that the world of masculine violence is despised by the protagonists who try to reach the feminine garden tended by women. I mean I don't know how retarded you have to be not to see the obvious theme here. Not that it's a bad theme or anything, it's just shocking to me that people can't see a message that obvious. How do you guys watch movies that aren't 90% action?

Have you missed the part where fabled paradise garden does not exist?

But as said, she realises the dream is gone and she and the other women would have died on the Salt Flats if Max hadn't told them to act rationally and turn around.

>WB
no thanks I'm a disney guy

In Mad Max: The wasteland

Max gets trapped by an all female tribe who have lost all the males in a war for resources, they want to breed max for children. Max must protect his chastity.

Is Sup Forums ready for the best mad max?

Hope they bring back the supercharger in the next one, love listening to that thing

I am gonna sound like an old man here, but SOME movies dont have much of an agenda, besides being "good" in their respective category.

Yes, there are piece of media, art what ever you want to call it, that DONT have an evil agenda behind it.

No, personally , I dont see an agenda in this 4th Mad Max movie, and SOME of the people on this thread, well, they dont see it too.

How hard is to understand that we have a different opinion on the same subject?

No, i dont want to change your point of view on this subject, and guess what ?

I was just talking about how cool Mad Max and Hardcore Henry are. Nothing else , nothing more.

O NEG MASTER RACE

I HAVE MAD MAX'S BLOOD FLOWING THROUGH MY VEINS

ST A Y M A D

It does exist, it was just ruined by the masculine world. All beauty is snuffed out by masculinity and the only way to bring it back is to kill all the evil dudes. At no point in this movie is that garden not seen as their ultimate goal. Even when they realise it's gone, it's still the idea that they fight for. They don't turn around and say "well I guess we should go back to that dude, he wasn't that bad".

>agenda
You call it an agenda, I call it a theme. I don't think it's evil, I think that a non-violent theme clashes with the violent action.

The metaphor is women don't need to escape this horrible world and run away to a imaginary place, they just need to be put in charge and sort out all the fuck ups the men did, principally by putting tit cows in charge of the water supply and wasting it all at once.

Vote Hillary '16

You realize that you unironically sound like some overinterpreting feminist writer from buzzfeed now?

2 > 4 > 1 >>>> 3

Fury Road went for about 20 minutes too long. I really really loved it until towards the end. Still a great movie but it has its flaws.

>a female immotan Josephine
>she has a breeding chamber filled of studs who get milked for their semen
>she takes semen baths

Well , maybe they had to go back, because they did not find their "magical city" and the shithole where they came from, had water, food, people in the middle of a wasteland.

You know, just like life , you have dreams ,and then, there is this thing called reality, and they had to come back to it and face it.

Dude, it's a movie where an army of women fights an army of men. What the fuck is there to analyse? It is the central theme of the movie, it's completely obvious. I'm just trying to explain the underlying theme for all of you retards who somehow still can't understand it.

Excellent point , but keeping this train of thought , what is the theme of Terminator 2 and what it is agenda ? Does it have an agenda ?

Must people would argue that Terminator 2 did have a theme, but not an agenda , the same thing is what we are discussing here, right now.

Army of women? Theyd be fucked if not for two males that helped them.

Unf unf

Immortan Josephine is a thick mommy and she has little naked boys maids.

Any other recomendations for action movies ?

Except that the green place was ruined when the crazy ladies ousted the men.

Those things on the stilts in that dark scene? The men from the green place.

>implying this shining example of absolute kiñægràphîë isn't the last truly great action kino

I have not seen it yet , but the first one was a blast to watch.

>Both Max and Furiosa wouldn't have survived without the other.

Bollocks. Max could have walked away any time and been fine.

Remember when he took out the bullet farmer's vehicle single handedly, on foot?

>immotan Josephine played by Christina Hendricks

That was the only part that pissed me off, it was like the skipped it completely for budgetary reasons.

I'm hoping Shane Blacks Predator will be like the 80's movie.
The problem with modern action films are that they're all too clean cut and they play it safe. As great as an action movie John Wick was, it was even guilty of being a little reliant on CGI.
It's just a shame we'll never have hyper masculine action movies ever again because the this generation is too fragile, despite the fact that the masculinity in these movies borders on parody.

He's doing another one though. Mad Max the wasteland which will be better because the last one was a bit of a problem child. They have a Max now.

Is John Wick the pinnacle of Operator Kino??

Won't have max in it though.

This is one of the main reasons why this movie is held in high regard , it had a great balance between real stunts and CGI. I dont think we will get rid of CGI entirely at this point, for many reasons, but i hope other filmakers take notice of this effort.

Wick and Fury Road are too different to compare completely despite both being action films.

Mad Max is an epic adventure film set in post-apocalyptic Australia with absurdly detailed car chase sequences, while Wick is set in the modern day and is a very self-contained film with a simple premise, but executed very well.

Both use live stunts and special effects, with touch-ups of CGI that is barely noticeable, but Fury Road transcends its production by being some of the most insane shit I've seen in an action film.

tl;dr Fury Road is grander in scope than Wick, but both are great-to-excellent films

SAUCE

So , basically all action movies are about RIPPED and i mean RIPPED guys DESTROYING everything in their path ?

Dont tell me, like Arnolds ,Stallones , Van Dammes movies, right ?

Or maybe we are just seeing todays actions movies with the nostalgia-googles too much ?

Maybe we are remembering a time when life was simpler?

Maybe it doesnt have anything to do with "Todays Fragile Masculinity" ?

>Sup Forums hates John Wick

What the fuck board are you on?

>Sup Forums hates John Wick
>based Keanu operating
>focus on gunplay and set pieces
>actors do most of their own stunts so immersion isn't broken
>Sup Forums hates it

Sup Forums may have ironically liked it before it came out because we all love Keanu here, but when it actually came out it was genuinely a great action film.

>implying hardcore henry had any merit besides having a first-person gimmick

yall mother fuckers need to get some taste

Maybe is because the term "ironically" lost its meaning.

You know, trillions of shit posts later, we dont know when some in geninualy praising something or making fun of it

MOMMY!

Sometimes less is more, not showing it was actually brilliant. You got Max as an angel of death and badass moment when he just came back like no biggie instead if some cringeworthy MacGaywer style sequence

I havent seen it yet, but i have only heard good stuff about it. Will watch it later, thanks.

Max walking into the fog and then just coming back with their equipment was my favorite scene in the movie and there wasn't any action whatsoever

Exactly , his introduction actually enhanced the first action sequence ,he was on the losing end of the stick, not the one with it. He was really the underdog in all the movie, maybe thats the reason it gets confused with all this "Mad Max is an SWJ Film".

secret journey

I think a good part of it not being SJW bullshit was the fact that Furiosa got the living shit kicked out of her over the course of the film.

George Miller didn't treat women as special, he showed them getting fucked up as much as the male characters.

Showed them as literal equals, without drawing attention to the fact they're women.

Fuck, meant for

FUCK ME THAT GOT AN ANIME???

I'm off to google with cock in hand!!

Exactly , they were both treated like shit , they were two badasses working toward the same goal, that it happened that one of them was a woman, well, thats maybe the reason with all this triggering.

And even the ending rocks, Furiosa stays in city while Max jumps to his next adventure , no romantic-end bullshit .

Yeah, she's just a comrade-in-arms who takes as much shit as she gives. Plus she gets fucked up far worse than Max does.

Directors who want to "empower" women and not make it fucking forced as shit should take notes.

I get that a lot of movies are catering to the SWJ crowd right now, but most people , unless they are older will see that this is a fad that will dissappear in the next few years , i mean the U.S.A is changing right now, and culture will act accordingly.