Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophic_burden_of_proof#Proving_a_negative
youtube.com/watch?v=s3_0Uz4WZIU
youtube.com/watch?v=kHqC9t8lfgw
yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof
dcclothesline.com/2014/01/09/44-reasons-evolution-just-fairy-tale-adults/
strawpoll.me/10536889
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

However what? Your beliefs are conveniently unfalsifiable/metaphors?

Anselm's definition of god is "that of which nothing greater can exist", but assuming this describes a God, then such a being would be so far beyond even our very comprehension that the idea it would stoop to engage with humans means it would lose the moniker of absolute greatness

If God exists, it's on a level so meta-physical it essentially makes no difference to our lives whether it exists or not, and indeed if something "can be greater than anything" then that would also include the very concept of existence itself.

With that conclusion in mind, any god of a modern religion is a false god - even if such a great being did exist such as Allah or the Abrahamic God, there would be philosophers here on Earth who merely dismiss them as pretenders because the sheet fact they made themselves known to us invalidates their title as "The God"

I.e. like all high, unprovable concepts (such as Fate), there's no point worshipping or acknowledging them because they don't give a shit about you by design

>no one can prove
Bitch please, if God doesn't exists why virgins get wizard powers?

I guess we're at a stalemate then

inb4 god is real because you cant disprove him

That's a fucking terrible argument, already satirised by the flying spaghetti monster. Nobody can prove the existence of God other than God himself, so evangelise them into a more accepting mindset and then tell them to pray.

>Why isn't God behaving how I think God should behave???

>implying implications on a christian cartoon board
Why are you even here?

This is not even close to being an argument.
I can also say you can't disprove that I'm a billionaire, does not make it true.

Sometimes I wonder, beyond all the anti-Semitic bluster, does Sup Forums really believe in a god, or only joke they do because that's what Hitler would want

This is an american christian imageboard and you ask us if we are true christians? get a load of this guy

God is not something that you prove or disprove with rational arguments that you build out of created things that are in your created mind. God created your mind out of nothing. God is the uncreated light that shines on your mind that allows you to perceive everything else that has been created out of nothing. God is the Word that explains how God is known, insofar as it can be explained to created beings who have become obsessed with themselves and their created minds and do not wish to learn about the uncreated God who created them. God is discovered when God is heard and believed over the voices of those who wish to prove this and that for the sake of glorifying themselves and their minds, which are nothing and can do nothing without God. God is he who cannot be shown to those to whom he does not reveal himself, and is rejected by everyone who is more fond of playing with himself and attempting to do what no one can do rather than listening and learning from those who have heard what they have not, learned what they have not, done what they have not, and know what they do not.

yeah you -say- that, but I find that hard to believe

Don't get me wrong I know that Sup Forums definitely has a low-information user base, but does it *really* believe in the Christian god?

And if so, how much? Noah's Ark? Tower of Babel? Virgin birth?

>No one can disprove god exists

How does this somehow lead to worshipping the (((Christ)))?

Mate, it's easier just to think of it in a quantum state of both satire and complete seriousness, because when you get down to it, no one really knows whether people are doing it for satire or not.

>how much
There's only one type of Christian. Just like there's only one type of Muslim. All the others are just virtue signalling. So when you ask an actual Christian 'how much' you're kind of asking a rhetorical question.

atheism is so 2015

>And if so, how much? Noah's Ark? Tower of Babel? Virgin birth?

The whole shebang mufugga.. You're starting to sound suspiciously like a heretic.

You can however, disprove most of everything attributed to His work in the creation of the world, living organisms, descriptions of the reality, not to mention the logical fallacies between the values He is supposed to stand for vs reality.

Technically, yes when it comes down to it, you can't completely discount either side. But as the evidence stands now, it's likely that God doesn't exist, or exists in a way that is completely contrary to how he is characterized in all available religious texts.

Critical thinking time: OK how does God behave then? Proof? no...?

Isn't this just another way of explaining Pascal's Wager?

>I cannot prove god exists...
>but you cant prove god doesnt exist!
>CHECKMATE ATHEISTS!

That famous chingchong looking string theorist thinks there is/was a creator, because subatomic particles told him.

Now I pray to particles.

XD

>"God is illogical therefore we must believe in him because surely the illogic exists the way this book tells me"
Christians confirmed for dementia

I dunno, try reading the bible. He told people what to write in it so you can at least understand how he behaves when dealing with humans.

I never really got pascals wager, isn't the requirement for belief in god to do so on faith alone?
In that case, wouldn't doing it to avoid unknowable punishment then invalidate whether you play by rules, as you don't truly believe, you're just put up pretenses of believing to avoid punishment?

>
>Critical thinking time: OK how does God behave then? Proof? no...?
The New Testament I'd imagine.

You can't prove no one can disprove that god exists.

Checkmate feet-fetishists

> Stalemate atheists!

Ftfy. Personally, i see God as being neither provable or disprovable, but lean towards as form of modified theism (panentheism desu) for its ability to prop up society and give people reasons to live.

I didn't think religious people existed in the Netherlands

GOD STRIKE ME DO

>its ability to prop up society and give people reasons to live.
This

she succ me

That's not the theist position you absolute fucking morons. That's the AGNOSTIC position, which otherwise can be summed up as "I don't know"

Ah yes the bible. The book written where the gospel is construed to be factual even if it contradicts the fossil record or modern physics. But it's a metaphor, we just don't get it right? Because our tiny little human minds must be incapable of understanding the unrational. The bible.

Christians: "God created the universe out of nothing. Says so in the bible."

Scientists: "We have the big bang."

Christians: "You can't create something out of nothing."

go back to your fucking stormfag forums mental midget

No, I think it's because religion stands in direct opposition against everything the Sup Forums hates, the mythical degeneration. The fact that religion always hated faggots and liberals as much as Sup Forumsacks do drives them to it, not a need to experience some spiritualization or to become a better person. Quite pathetic if you ask me.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophic_burden_of_proof#Proving_a_negative

Can we please stop bumping this shitty thread now?

Yeah that was my whole problem with it as well, kinda like an appeal to authority. If one day you meet your maker, and the whole basis of your faith was "well the alternative kinda sucked", I feel that it wouldn't really play well.

I read beyond it and drew my own meaning from it. Basically I think it's more about leading a morally fair and just life, not just pretending to be religious so you can win some afterlife bet.

>can't prove that rainbow gnomes have sprawling civilizations hundreds of miles below the earth's surface

wow yeah really does make you think. We better start trying to make contact with them just in case they do exist.

ow the fedora-utistic edge
you have literally no fucking idea what you're talking about, I advise you know thy enemy before you reveal yourself to be a gigantic faggot

also irrational* you spastic, lamo

Than how do you create God?

Checkmate, nerd

You cannot logically disprove a negative...look up Russell's teapot and try to disprove the existence of the magical teapot that controls the universe from orbit somewhere between earth and mars

I didn't think educated people existed in the US. This post isn't helping

Just research Judaism and you will proof he exists very easy.

Their are huge benefits of judaism, this is why jews dont share it with otherrs. However i do ;)

God is a man made thing.

Checkmate, scrub.

>stormfag
Pot kettle black

>such as Allah or the Abrahamic God
>Allah
>or
>Abrahamic God
>>>>>or

Please actually learn about religion before posting in a religion thread.

How would one interact with an ant? To them, you're a god. You lift heavy objects that they can't even dream about lifting, you build things they will never understand etc..

But you want to have a nice conversation with them. So, how would you go on about doing that? To show them that you're the creator...

That which is claimed without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

It is like high reps vs heavy weights.

Most people believe in heavy weights. But realy it is all about high reps.

>but really it is all about the high reps

t. twink

How can one prove God's existence to an atheist when every single eye-witness account throughout human history is immediately dismissed as lying, hallucinations, or a trick of the light?

If someone sees a flying saucer, he is either going to keep it to himself because people will think he's crazy or he'll tell people and they'll think he's crazy and the story doesn't get very far outside the local area.

Leaving a sugary trail of syrup leading away from my garage to a pile sugar so they'll stay out of my fucking garage.

Noahide laws are better. Shares the basic metaphysics/ontology as Judsism, but without the guilt complex of Christianity or requirement to completely ignore science/physics. Compatible with agnosticism too.

> Do not deny God
> Do not blaspheme God
> Do not murder
> Do not steal
> Do not engage in illicit sexual relations
> Do not eat the flesh of a live animal
> Establish courts for the administration of justice

Ants do not have a sense of self, any form of wisdom...
But people still feel the need to compare ourselves to them in comparison to god...
Also to use ellipses for no fucking reason...

The burden of proof lies with the one making the claim and if you advance the Bible as proof then it engages in circular logic. Which is
>pic related

>Christfag telling everyone he thinks he might know God
>Christ retard says he doesn't know God
But because of my hat, this logic makes know sense because no one may understand it except G*d or the liturgy. This isn't a fallacy. A fallacy implies a logical error however this is plain insanity.

>cells did not exist until they were discovered
>black holes did not exist until they were discovered
>atoms did not exist until they were discovered
it goes on

The foundation of the argument is a strawman to begin with, it's answering ridiculous with ridiculous:
youtube.com/watch?v=s3_0Uz4WZIU

Oh, iam also Noahide.

Keeping laws=/=Discussing Dogmas.

>Noahide laws are better. Shares the basic metaphysics/ontology as Judsism

No, Noah is basic humanity stuff. Judaism is totaly different world.

youtube.com/watch?v=kHqC9t8lfgw

Not an argument, and you know it.

>one post by this ID
It's a fucking shill slide thread.

To say there is no God is also to make a claim that must be supported. The concept of God lies in the gaps of our understanding, the supernatural.

Neither's going "U CENT CUMPREHAND UT!!!11!"

>Cells were theorized to exist in reality and were proven
>Blackholes were theorized to exist in reality and were proven
>Atoms were theorized to exist in reality and were proven
>God is theorized to exist outside reality and can't be proven

yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof

Check mate.

The same can be said of invisible clown who walk among us who cannot be heard or seen and don't interact with the environment.

If they don't do anything that would imply that they exist, then why believe in them?

Seriously? I figured i was the only one on this forsaken board.

Could you elsborate on the Noahidism =! Judaism meme? As far i knew, Noahidism was and is goys who believe in Judaism, but don't convert.

Also, to what extent do you think of the idea that Jesus was trying to reform the Judaism of the day, not to start a new religion, and that Paul was arguing for gentiles to adopt Noahidism before moving on to full Jesus-version of Judaism?

>btw since God exists the way I describe Him must be right too

Evolution is just a theory at the end of the day.

Always remember that, atheists.

No one can prove Santa Claus dont exists.
And at least he delivers PS4 !

>one post by this ID

Only in the scientific meaning. Just like gravity.

Can't prove God doesn't exist. Can prove the Bible's wrong and full of shit.

inb4 BUT M-M-M-MUH METAPHORS

>Evolution is just a theory
A Gauss?

>i can prove the Bible's wrong and full of shit.
let's hear it

Its a scientific theory, just like gravity is.
Check m8

Your mother is standing next to me. Go ahead, disprove that, post pics of your mom not next to me.

Do some research you fucking plebs. Militant atheists are even more overtly annoying in their unfounded arrogance than hardcore Christians...

Evolution isn't real. Deal with it. This is a FACT.

dcclothesline.com/2014/01/09/44-reasons-evolution-just-fairy-tale-adults/

Just a reminder, Sup Forums is not a Christian board.

strawpoll.me/10536889

>Evolution isn't real. Deal with it. This is a FACT

Thats why we can observe it?

>dcclothesline.com/2014/01/09/44-reasons-evolution-just-fairy-tale-adults/
>#43 Malcolm Muggeridge, the world famous journalist and philosopher, once made the following statement about the absurdity of the theory of evolution…
>Malcolm Muggeridge

kek

Evolution is as real as gravity and thermodynamics, and for the same reasons.

But you're probably an atheist under false flag, so whatever.

>strawpoll.me/10536889

Nope, poll is outdated user. Sup Forums heavily identifies with mulltiple religions. We have everything from Jews to Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs, and Buddhists here. And of course Catholics, Protestants, etc etc.

Can't find the newest poll but I can sure you this is a heavily religious board. Go to Sup Forums and fap to some trap threads with your "if it feels good, do it" degenerate lifestyle.

But, how you found ANY evidence for god?

Reminder that Sup Forums is a Qekist board

UGH, YOU FUCKING IDIOTS, SHUT THE FUCK UP. I am a Christian. But I know for a fact Evolution is a thing. You're making us look horrible.

It also cannot be disproven that OP is a faggot. I shall now believe this and know it to be true more than anything else, and no amount of logic or tangible evidence shall convince me otherwise.

I put that poll up last week, dunce.

*koran

>no transitional
Why do they keep pushing this kek

Okay? That's neither an argument for nor against theism. That's just saying "well...if I'm wrong, you are too!"

This is correct.

Ye, I bring offerings of thy hospitality corn to kek!

>A college professor, an avowed atheist and active in the ACLU, was teaching his class. He shocked several of his students when he flatly stated that once and for all he was going to prove there was no God.

>Addressing the ceiling he shouted: "GOD, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you exactly 15 minutes!!!!!"

>The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop.

>Ten minutes went by. " I'm waiting God, if you're real knock me off this platform!!!!"

>Again after 4 minutes, the professor taunted God saying, "Here I am, God!!! I'm still waiting!!!"

>His count down got down to the last couple of minutes when a SEAL, just released from the Navy after serving in Afghanistan and Iraq and newly registered in the class, walked up to the Professor.

>The SEAL hit him full force in the face, and sent the Professor tumbling from his lofty platform. The Professor was out cold!!

>The students were stunned and shocked. They began to babble in confusion.

>The SEAL nonchalantly took his seat in the front row and sat silent. The class looked at him and fell silent.....waiting.

Eventually, the professor came to and was noticeably shaken.

>He looked at the SEAL in the front row. When the professor regained his senses and could speak he asked: "What is the matter with you? Why did you do that?

>"God was really busy, protecting America's soldiers, who are protecting your right to say whatever stupid thing comes to your mind!!! So he sent me!!"

>Atheists say that no one can prove the existence of god and they're right
>and they're right

Ok. Was this really thread really necessary?

Allah is a sabean pagan moon god, only the crypto-Jewish Christfaggots worship the god of Abraham.