Holy shit

holy shit...

Attached: Day69-Cover.jpg (630x630, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wrfoo4IF-Y0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Remove the first word for an accurate summary of what this mixtape sounds like.

it’s actually really good it’s just the latter half dips off in quality

BLICKY

Attached: 1520842201514.jpg (320x320, 19K)

is HIV cool now?

It's clearly a popular aesthetic for the carriers of the virus

SCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG

still better than coil or any pseud band

smth. I can't get into = pseud

Romeo & Juliet. The Starry Night. The Creation of Adam. The Picture of Dorian Grey. The Mona Lisa. The Scream. The Godfather. Twin Peaks. And now, DAY69.

Over thousands of years humanity has produced some astonishing works of art, and yet Michelangelo, Shakespeare, Picasso, and David Lynch can only merely cower before the might and genius of Daniel Hernandez, also known as 6ix9ine.

On February 23rd in 2018, 6ix9ine blew the rap world away with his instant classic debut mixtape, "DAY69". Featuring ingenious cover art featuring Hernandez depicted as a cartoon character in the style of the Cartoon Network series "Adventure Time", the album completely demolished all of the competition and proved that 6ix9ine is not just another pretty face, but a soulful, clever and contemplative young man trying to find his place in the world and trying to find himself as a true and vulnerable artist in a world that no longer values genuine triumph.

After a touching introduction by fellow Nobel laureate Michael K. Williams, Hernandez launches into a brutal assault on the opening track "BILLY", taking a powerful and staunch stand against all the thoughtless gang violence being committed in today's society. His observations ring hauntingly true, and provide a brilliant intro to the harsh political commentary and gorgeous lyricism that would become the hallmark of this iconic album.

(1/4)

keep going

On "GUMMO", Hernandez once again dives into the world of Bloods and Crips, of crack dealers and authorities taking advantage of poor communities, of crying mothers and children being murdered in the streets. Like John Lennon before him, he plants his feet firmly in the ground to condemn violence in all forms, pleading with his former gang brothers to stop fighting and to "put down the sticky, blicky".

"RONDO" focuses entirely on the kinds of sexual activity that often happen in the ghettos like the the one Hernandez grew up in. Featuring a smooth, sensual hook from an emotionally raw Tory Lanez (with some assistance from the evasive and electric Young Thug), the track tells a devastating story about a drug-addled but kind prostitute named Rondo, who slowly loses touch with reality as she tragically descends into a maddening world of addiction.

Borrowing from the classic internet term "kek", Hernandez, A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie and Fetty Wap come in hard with the fourth track, "KEKE". As they slyly bob and flow to the beat, bouncing off each other like young schoolboys freestyling on the playground, they take clever aim at the current state of police brutality and the military-industrial complex in American society, exposing it for the utterly corrupt and oppressive system it really is.

Named after the amount of friends he's lost to the scourge of modern suicide among young people, Hernandez takes a step back on "93" to contemplate the very nature of humanity and of depression, wondering whether or not all the hardships in life are really worth it while reminiscing about the loved ones he's lost. It is on this track where Hernandez really begins to expose his emotional core as a romantic and a thinker, one who doesn't just stare at the injustices of the world we live in and mentally discard them, but one who looks at the problems around him and wonders how he can try, in his own way, to solve them.

(2/4)

>it’s actually really good
"people" actually think this

With "DOOWEE", Hernandez sets his sights on fellow SoundCloud rapper and MacArthur Genius Lil Pump, brilliantly mocking the stupidity and simplicity of his extraordinarily repetitive lyrics with an earworm repetition of his own, mindlessly crowing "Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah" over and over again as he absolutely decimates his rival and former friend.

"KOODA" returns again to the familiar subject of gang violence but this time addresses it from the perspective of the underground weapons industry, exposing the bourgeois members of society that strive to permeate these destructive tools throughout poor communities in order to exploit them and make a profit. It's one of the album's most authentic and touching tracks, and one of the biggest highlights of Hernandez's career so far.

On "BUBA" Hernandez pays homage to one of his favorite characters in film and a character he's viewed as a role model since his early childhood, the kindhearted shrimp enthusiast Bubba Blue from the film Forrest Gump. By examining Bubba's life and untimely demise in the Vietnam War, Hernandez not only crafts a compelling anti-war anthem but also illustrates how the kindness of just one person, fictitious or not, can have an enormous impact on someone.

Hernandez conjures up imagery from the brutal curb stomping scenes featured in the film "American History X" on "MOOKY" as he continues to try and blaze a trail that may someday lead to some semblance of peace in urban communities torn apart and ruined by endless gang violence and hatred. His optimism for the future of these communities is endearing and heartfelt, and it's inspirational to see a young man like him taking a stand against this treachery in spite of the turmoil he was brought up in.

(3/4)

Offset stops by as the album begins to draw to a close for a remix of "GUMMO", offering Hernandez valuable advice about the rap game with a grand sense of wisdom and some humorous nods to his peers. Together they prove that even though the exact same song was literally already on the album earlier, you can really never have too much of a good thing as they inject an extra boost of creativity into this classic banger.

On closer "CHOCOLATÉ", Hernandez finally addresses the elephant in the room and tackles his own struggles with substances abuse head-on in a blissful, existential track that not only deals with the motivations behind his own drug abuse, but also grapples with the people in his life that influenced him to head down this dangerous path. It's an eloquent, magnificent finale to one of the greatest rap albums ever produced.

DAY69 changed the landscape of rap forever. There's no getting around it. What 6ix9ine accomplished on his debut mixtape already trumps anything his peers will ever do in their careers, but not only is it a masterwork of trap music, it's an intellectual, thought-provoking and morally complex look into the upbringing and struggles of a young artist trying to change the world. It's one of the greatest rap albums of all time, and an absolute classic from one of the most talented in the business.

(4/4)

The singles are actually kind of catchy. That song with feppy rat and ass booger is a hit, you just can't deny it.

Not even black people think that hard about 69. Who the fuck writes this shit up.

Attached: images (2).png (201x251, 84K)

it's the same as the rick and morty copypasta

>Fucks a 14 year old
>Records it himself
>Releases the footage himself
>Goes to court because he fucked a kid
>Court goes super easy on him because he may be legitimately fucking mentally retarded
>Orders him to complete his GED
>He can't
>Breaks orders by streaming the test
>Can't perform 35,000/3 even with a calculator

And this is meant to be the new rising star of rap and black culture? A mentally retarded pederast?
Jesus fucking christ.

No arguments, as to be expected.

>black culture
Most his fans are white, just like other SoundCloud rappers

its FUCKING SHIT FUCK OFF

Lol what, I like 69 but this is over-written drivel. 69 is just a punky version of sound-cloud rap; I don't know why people need to look so deep in his music. It's explicitly surface level.

>Breaks orders by streaming the test
Who....who is THIS retarded. 69 is literally "That Kid" but famous.

>After a touching introduction by fellow Nobel laureate Michael K. Williams
I'm dead

wrong

if it’s so shallow then why can’t you refute anything said

...it's garbage

Because its a joke and sarcastic. :)

sure it is bud

I like RONDO better than the fetty and a boogie song

It has to be. No one is that stupid.

keep being in denial bud

it’s unironically pretty aesthetic

I thought only niggers were allowed to say the N word but apparently this guy can say it too with no fucks given about it. Why is that so? He's not negro.

Attached: tekahi-6ix9ine-11-1515421857-view-0.png (620x460, 514K)

Attached: 1521078678001.png (1181x1168, 762K)

You seriously wrote this? Fucking lel

hispanic people are given a pass, at least in new york. immortal technique has been doing it for decades

Black and Hispanic history are deeply entwined, believe it or not.

I am aware of some of the slave trade and breeding that occurred that became of it is this what you are referring to? If not I'm ready to listen. I always assumed it was more sharing a lot of the same oppression they've faced or something but I'd like to learn more.

Nah you nailed it. That was pretty much it.

youtube.com/watch?v=wrfoo4IF-Y0

Attached: en-los-aos-1600-cuando-el-tirano-mando-tan-tan-tan-tan.jpg (291x275, 22K)

dedicated shitposters

>black culture

He's Hispanic and I've never met a black person who listens to him.

wtf there are black guys all over his video. DJ Akademics won't stfu about him.

I’m black and listen to him

>gang bangers trying to get some free clout
>DJ akademiks reporting anything that will give him clicks

Ask any black person if they listen to Tekashi69 and you'll get laughed out the room.

Youre not, but you should still kill yourself.

I am and you sound mad

yeah, because he sucks. Everyone knows he's ass but everyone bumps him when they are drunk. He is like the CookOut of rap.

He is literally a tin-foil burger.

for easier reading

Attached: 76956436.png (1577x1042, 192K)

thank you

NIGGAS IFFY UH

BLICKY GOT THE STIFFY UH

GOT THE BLICKY UH

DRUM IT HOLD FIFTY UH

CUM IS STICKY UH
DICKY NEEDS A LICKY UH
LIKE SMALLER TIDDIES UH
FUCKIN LITTLE KIDDIES UH

14 is not a kid

lmao my mom always plays this when she cleans the house

I'm 28. When I was a teenager, rebellious kids would get piercings or arm tattoos.

Are kids going through their rebellious phase getting tattoos on their faces nowadays? What the fuck?

I also remember how everyone joked that hip hop didn't take any talent, because crunk artists like Lil Jon were big at the time. But now, with this mumble trap shit, I'm kind of concerned 13 year olds will think they can just mumble nonsense over a metronome, get a face tattoo, and become world famous. How depressing.

Talking shit on the internet. Why.

ay scum gang nigga

We aint inna that

>13 year olds will think they can just mumble nonsense over a metronome, get a face tattoo, and become world famous
That is literally the standard. Things will change though.

the kids just gotta seem like their words hold weight to be a rapper how will this change? long as rap does numbers I could see this pattern going on awhile

t. iffy niggas

YOU CAN TALK HOT ON THE INTERNET BOY

Its what they said about rock. I know you hear this often, but rap is now hitting the crest that post-punk was hitting. I totally expect three or four sub-genre shifts before young people don't identify with rap on the whole.

Billy is heat, I don't care what anyone says

Attached: sixnine.jpg (800x600, 84K)

Is that a picture of his dad?

MY NIGGAS MOVE MILLY UH

haha I agree bro that album is totally lit! can I come over and play cod after school? my mom took my Xbox from me :p

>my mom took my Xbox from me
Oh man, I remember when that sort of shit happened.

real niggas don’t play cod anymore we on that fortnite old man

>letting your mom take your games from you

soykid confirmed

>thinly veiled Sup Forums derail because Sup Forums is kill

So, what you're saying is, Lil Peep, Lil Xan, 6ix9ine, Lil Pump, and Matt Ox are the Chameleons, Bauhaus, Joy Division, Gang of Four, Cure, and Jesus and Mary Chain of today?

I think I have to disagree with you, there.

My bad, I mean't radio rock. That is what I meant.

I'd say XXXtentacion and Ski Mask are comparable to Michael Jackson and David Bowie, they have very similar themes

They should have been the Black Flag but they ended up being massive pussies.

all those bands is ass scum gang NIGGASSSS

Nah, fuck that, the G G Allen.

Threatening to shove a bbq fork up a girl's pussy and beating her and locking her in a room until she heals enough to go to the hospital is pretty alpha desu. He will probably kill himself in jail if he gets more than 10 years though.

it’s not awesome you little edge kid

kys

t. beta

Women are inherently attracted to violent and dangerous men. Remember that guy with the handsome mugshot that raped someone and got a modeling contract and a trophy wife out of it?

>calling that pretty alpha
That's the most 'soy beta cuck trying to pretend to not be soy be cuck online' shit I've read all week.

kys kiddo

Can't argue with those numbers damn. X must know how much he's hated and honestly it's the only way someone at his level could seem subversive

This meme is funnier every time i see it

Fuck, mu has gone to shit. How can you listen to this? How? What the hell happened to you? What the hell happened to society? What happened to boards of canada, nmt, king crimson? What happened to listening to slug and bob dylan? Has the board just been compromised like pol and b? Maybe its just been a while since I've been here and a new crowd has moved in, but man, you kinds have terrible terrible taste. This is music for a childish, narcissistic society of instant gratification and mindless self indulgence. It has no substance or feeling, and truly represents the decay of society. If anyone needs me, Ill be practicing my fiddle, for surely, soon we will be burning.

ayooo omar comin

Everyone here listens to it ironically dumbie. I give it a year before they start killing themselves via overdoses and shells to the dome.

Shell to the Dome sounds like a F I R E mixtape.

SCUUUUUUM GAAAAAAANG scum a dick old man

Hahaha classic

POOPY STINKY *SNIFF*
GOT DOOKIE ON MY PINKY * WIFF*

Attached: 1489888799606.jpg (480x360, 13K)

The more people who pay attention to this, ironic or not, the bigger it will get and the more it will spread. If it gets big enough, we will start to see its influence in other music. Basically, by being ironic hipster idiots, Mu is contributing to the destruction of all music. And its all for a joke that basically goes like "HA, I was only pretending to be retarded!"

How dangerous are you, tough guy?

>now

Attached: 1449501665694.jpg (960x960, 117K)

GET THE FUCK OUT MY MUFUCKIN FACE FORE I MURDER YOU