Just got a 55in 4k HDR tv

just got a 55in 4k HDR tv.
so far i have Star Trek Beyond and Mad Max FR

what are some movies released on 4k thatll make me weep in amazement?

is it that $500 piece of trash samsung one?

no man. one of the cheapest samsung HDR tvs the KS8000 start at $999 so

mine however is a vizio m series.. $760

Obviously BvS. The main fight scene was shot in imax and it looks absolutely amazing in 4k.

Please tell me you got SUHD and not UHD.

Hibana (Spark)

That's not high dynamic range... that's just increased contrast

I can achieve the same effect as HDR by increasing the brightness and saturation.

Paying hundreds of dollars for a new TV because of a gimmick like HDR or 3D is stupid.

lol no

HDR currently does not reflect the intended look of any movies. It's a meme. You're seeing shit that was intended for print stock, P3, or Rec209 presented in a weird, artificial looking way.

I predict blacked will be the first ones to produce kinoe in hdr, they've always been kinographic pioneers

also fury road and into darkness were both mastered in 2k, as are the majority of movies still. enjoy your interpolation you spent hundreds of dollars for.

>4K 55"

lol

4K @ 55" is like viewing a 720p stretched to 2K

anything over 30" is meant for 8K

I got a 75 inch LG around the holidays. Neon Demon looked great and it's on Amazon prime instant. They also have Man in the High Castle and Mad Dogs which look pretty good. So far I've only seen Jason Bourne, The Accountant, and Warcraft which stood out the most.

>fury road and into darkness were both mastered in 2k
thats incorrect

and whats this source?

Any online UHD movie database.
take care

>Image demonstrating high dynamic range
>Actually lowers the dynamic range

People have no idea what HDR actually is.

Yeah, it's pretty painful. The worst thing is that most of the time people seem to think it's exactly the opposite.

Enlighten me PLEASE
I cunfose

You won't be able to take full advantage of it unless you buy a 4K ready 4K bluray player™ and get 4K HDR blurays ™

*confuse

High dynamic range means a bigger range between light and dark(for example direct sunlight compared to inside a building with no lights), High dynamic range photography means you can capture more tones between the brightest and darkest light levels that the camera can pick up(such as capturing all the detail in my previous example).
The image in the OP just has increased contrast on the right, in an attempt to show how it might look to a person viewing the screen. However, that's actually the opposite of HDR since some of the lightest and darkest areas get clipped. Note the bits of cloud that are completely ingulfed in white around the sun, completely disappearing, and the loss of some detail at the top of the highest rock.

>capture more tones between the brightest and darkest light levels
I just realised I described that the wrong way. I meant to say you can capture brighter light areas without it being entirely clipped to white, and the same for darker areas not being clipped to black.

yfw the pic on the left has higher dynamic range

It's a shitty example. The dynamic range on the left is fucking shit, the right is only a really high-contrast version of the same image but actually exhibits more range. However, no point fucking talking about since it's a shit image to begin with.

>vizio anything

Enjoy your toy

Can you imagine being dumb enough to fall for these consumer memes? Fucking kill yourself

This is now a tv thread

>no curve
Pleb

erm they're like £800 for a tv that big. Or are so jobless you can't afford 4k tv?

Wasnt mad max shot in 2.5k lol?

The human eye cannot see 4k

to put it simply

>the world has infinite degrees between complete dark to complete light
>in the past we could only display 100 degrees
>we made images that had 100 degrees of dark/light
>now we can display 200 degrees
>old images only take advantage of half the degrees you can display
>remaster the old images to have twice as many degrees of dark/light
>more detail can now be seen

what confuses people is seeing images with different contrast like OPs pic
HDR images aren't getting more intense in contrast, the degrees between black and white are just finer
the increased contrast comes from oled screens