Who'd win?

Who'd win?

Three Xenomorphs vs the Thing if it had consumed the mass of five adult humans.

Takes place in some abandoned space ship.

The Thing, obviously. Why is this even a question?

in b4 xenomorphs are actually machines

How could The Thing absorb a Xeno with it's acid blood?

As long as the Aliens have some form of projectile weapon. Can't the Thing just make you a part of it by touching you?

Doesn't matter, it would find another way to kill it. Considering how it can multiply and receive virtually no physical damage, the Xenos wouldn't be able to do anything to it.

Could the Xenos be fooled by a Thing Xeno? They're basically a hivemind aren't they?

>How could The Thing absorb a Xeno with it's acid blood?

How can they absorb us with acid in our stomach?

The acid in our stomach isn't nearly as corrosive and there isn't nearly as much.

even if the thing couldnt absorb the aliens. what would those three dumb fucks do. lets tare it in half!! oh now there is 2 things. this is a dumb question

They've been shown to use acid offensively haven't they? Sooner or later The Thing is going to run out of mass and just be a pile of goo

xenos are silicon based life forms, not carbon. doubtful the thing could assimilate them

wouldnt the xenos run out of blood first, thers a lot of thing not a lot of alien

I remember this thread popping up awhile and it always ends with the Thing winning, I just imagine it going down like the dog scene in The Thing where it just fucks them all over with its tentacle shit.

But even if the aliens got the upper hand and somehow managed to sacrifice one of them to spray acid blood all over the thing and bring it down to a pile of smoosh the Thing would spray a bit of gook on one of the aliens and it would be all over at a cellular level.

I'd imagine the acid blood would neutralize the thing's infection

We don't know if the Thing can interact with silicon-based lifeforms on a cellular level, but we do know that the only surefire way of killing the thing is burning it to shit. Even a small piece still living can become dangerous.

I don't think the xenos would be able to figure that out or use tools to kill it. They'd rip it to pieces/eat chunks of it but they only have so much blood to dissolve it if they go that route.

Xenos.
The thing can't process inorganic material, and that's what the xenos (or at least their exoskeletons) are made of.
Also, the acid blood would further erode the thing's biomass.
I guarantee at least one xeno would survive fully intact.

You could also starve the thing.
If the xenos significantly weakened it early on, and it could not absorb them, its only hope would be escape, but the xenos are fucking relentless and would just keep at it until it started consuming its own cells to survive.

>starve the thing

We don't know that. It's shown that it can go into stasis for thousands of years if given a cool enough environment.

It was frozen in the artic.
I don't think it can just enter some super sleep stasis at whim.

We've established that it can't generate mass from nothing, hence why it needs hosts, so then it must burn energy.
You absolutely can starve the thing.
Stasis is a different thing altogether, and a non-factor when it's being a attacked by xenomorphs.

i dont think it would erode the thing too much, i think if it were to come in contact with the acid it would probably scatter apart like in the movie, with the petri dish and hot wire. and where dose it say that the xeno exoskeleton is not organic

That acid is breddy fast, mang.
When Ash analyses the facehugger he remarks that it has armour made of polarized silicon, so judging by the appearance of an adult alien, I would say it's safe to assume it has the same characteristic.

not once is it said the the thing absorbs for its need to feed. a thing wouldnt just day of hunger. it will wait around or do whatever till someone or something else comes along for it to absorb

Extrapolate, you dumb nigger.
It needs hosts, so it has finite mass.
It's an organic, living thing, so it burns energy.

couldnt just have a nice talk could we? you had to be right i had to be wrong and im the nigger. the thing is an alien organism capable of independent action on a cellular level. but i suppose you are the expert

Depends on which Xenos we're referring to. If we're referring to the Alien Xeno, than Thing would win, but if we're talking about bug Xenos, they'd probably sacrifice one of their own for the good of the hive

Xenomorphs are basically nothing more than really dangerous animals.

The thing is a fucking nightmare organism that easily conquers planets and is able to acquire all its resources and information.

How is this even fucking fair?

yeah... what he said

SUCC me.

Probably not. Even the dogs knew something was up.

>dangerous animals
>the perfect organism
Pick one.

Xenos have shown to be intelligent enough to use their acid.

Considering the xeno nature the thing would be unable to consume them, and be very vulnerable to their acidic blood.

>trap thing
>sacrifice one xeno
>thing is now acided to ded

thats not canon anymore

He'd finish the job.

This. Even if examples of Xenos using blood as weaponry have been decanonnized, they still appear extremely intelligent in the films. The Thing would probably attempt assimilation, but get fucked by their acid blood

no

First, it would absorb the cells that aren't acid blood which are immune to its own acid. Like the ones in your stomach that secrete mucous all day so you don't dissolve your own organs?

Until they let Blomfag shit all over the franchise, A3 and AR are still canon.
The question I think we should be asking is if the ability to spit acid was endemic only to the Auriga strain or if they can all do it.
If they can all spit acid, there wouldn't be a need to sacrifice one of there own to kill the thing.

i think hes an ok director. and from the concept art im looking forward to the trailer at least, cant be as bad as ridley scott doing the same movie again

Even in a scenario where it can't assimilate them it's still a shapeshifting biomass weighing hundreds of pounds. It could just as easy use blunt force or try breaking their necks.

>and from the concept art im looking forward to the trailer at least
JUST

Xenomorphs are covered in razor sharp armour, they'd cut it into pieces before it could form any weapons to attack them with, and biomass = intelligence, so it's simply a matter of cleaning up the pieces trying to escape.

i had something more like this in mind

>Xenomorphs are covered in razor sharp armour

that is made from living tissue

It may be living, but it's inorganic.

Where was it mentioned that the thing could not assimilate silicon based life?

>hurrr I have to be told everything hurrrr
It's pretty evident it can't assimilate inorganic material, because it shreds clothes and leaves fillings behind.

those arent life

Ckeckmate atheists

The material is literally incompatible with carbon organics.

>the thing bites an alien
>alien blood falls on the floor
>spaceship floor melts because of blood
>thing falls out of the spaceship

Check mate

Well, he has something more like this in mind.

The thing stomps its much smarter.

The thing can look like anything, but it can't necessarily produce SUPER ACID. It therefore couldn't kill a xenomorph without being painfully dissolved by the xenomorph SUPER ACID.

Lets not forgot Xenos are much more agile than the Thing too.

You have to take into account that it's never met a xeno before, and it has no technology at hand.

>weyland yutani invests billions in time and effort to study the xenomorph

are the xenos really worth it? they haven't found any military or medical application except getting their shit fucked up by rampaging xenos each time

The fucker has been all over the universe and has probably battled things as dangerous as the xenos. This is a stomp.

The thing is only really dangerous to shit like what we have on our world.
It's a virus, a cancer.
Aliens are a completely different tier of organism with abilities yet to be fully understood.
People forget that because they are too familiar with it.
Aliens are elder god-tier.

Nice assumption

You have literally zero evidence to make that kind of claim.

The thing seems to be intelligent or at least can gain intelligence, so most likely it'd try to pull a Ripley and hop in an escape shuttle.

The Thing has this easily. Just get the Xenos to bite it, then it has cells inside of them and past their exoskeletons. Then it's just a matter of time as it replaces them from beneath.

Also, if it starts absorbing their cells and copying them, it will obviously get whatever is in their cells that makes them immune to their own acid blood.

Do xenos have stomachs tho? and I thought they were silicon-based.

>Pilot mode Space Jockey

What? This doesn't look like Space Jockey suit

iirc, their exoskeletons are made of silicon, but they still have organic insides.

This nigga would fuck the Thing up big time.

Without the plasma caster he's useless.

Species 8472 wins.