This band is fucking brilliant

This band is fucking brilliant

Left them to very last as a side note after working through all of Bob Dylan’s live, studio and bootleg albums, was not expecting much but I am pleased to say I was totally wrong. Several songs I had heard and liked I didn’t even know were by The Travelling Wilburys.

Attached: 5FD7BED8-E642-4A44-8C4D-2C7097B02210.jpg (700x394, 82K)

Did you know... a wilbury is a minor mistake made during recording and not seen as important enough to do over. It's ok, we "will bury" it in mixing.

They had some really good songs, I remember them always being on the radio and TV for a while when I was a kid.

Come to think of it so did I in the early nineties, was just too young to remember.

>Lift your other foot up
>And fall on your ass

Love the silly lyrics.

I think they mean the term for washed up musicians

>If it had been up to Bob Dylan the Traveling Wilburys would have been simply known as "Roy And The Boys", Jeff Lynne has told MOJO. The ELO leader recalls how a late night conversation led to him forming a super-group that included Bob Dylan, who really wanted to be “just one of the lads”.

Roy and the Boys is an awesome name

Attached: wilburys.jpg (614x409, 93K)

Who was the Janetty?

Agreed, although I guess when Roy Orbison kicked the bucket that would have made releasing a second album more awkward so possibly better that didn’t happen. It’s great that Roy got to end his career on a high though, that man had a seriously tough life.

true dat
RIP roy

Attached: f4337da523c62285937fd786b04c290a.jpg (480x360, 12K)

>worst Beatle
>Bob Dylan
>Tom Petty
>discount Elvis

Jeff Lynne is the only cool guy in this band. The band should have been:

John Denver
Paul McCartney
Elvis Costello
Carl Perkins
and Jeff Lynne

>George Harrison
>Worst Beatle

Get out.

Ringo was a better drummer than George was a guitarist. Photograph is a better song than any song on All Things Must Pass. Ringo didn't have to phone Keith Moon into the studio to play his drum fills for him.

trips dont lie

You're right, their producers had to phone in studio musicians to play the drum fills, not Ringo.

Simply not true.

Paul played drums on a couple songs off the white album, but every other song they recorded was Richard Starkey.

George however had to call up Eric Clapton to play the guitar solos on While My Guitar Gently Weeps. Eric Clapton then literally cucked George. Then wrote a hit song about it (Layla).

>discount Elvis
Elvis himself said he couldn't compare to Roy, you fucking plebian

Pleb of the year award goes to you user. Congratulations!

Not an argument. The musicians I listed are miles better than anyone in the Travelling Shitberries.

>arguably greatest songwriter of all time
>most underrated Beatle
>excellent singer songwriter
>unique singer with incredible voice

Your pal Jeff Lynne is the weakest link in the band if anything.

Bob Dylan is easily top 3 most overrated artists of all time. Paul McCartney is the most underrated Bealte seeing as how he was the single most important artist of the 20th century.

I'll give Tom and Roy a pass if they're your cup of tea. I prefer their contemporaries, but I can't argue against their contributions.