Trainspotting

Just watched Trainspotting for the first time. (Yes, I know I'm slow.) Dunno how people feel about it around here but I loved it.

I'll be honest, I'd never really seen Ewan McGregor outside of Star Wars but I thought he was great in this. What else would you recommend with him in it? I was planning to watch Black Hawk Down as well but I don't know how big his role is in that.

Feel free to discuss the film too, if you want. Apparently it's getting a sequel really soon, which I had no idea about. So this was well timed. Not that I felt it was really asking for a sequel or anything but I'll take it.

Watch Son of a Gun

Might as well watch a live cam of Glasgow at night.

watching this right now, what should I expect?

trainspotting getting a sequel is just so bizarre to me

it's such a complete film
I could not be more done with every single one of the characters

I cannot fathom how a sequel could possibly add anything of value

If you liked that you might like The Beach. It's an inferior film, but it captures that feeling of the 90s rave era that Trainspotting does.

DUDE DRUGS LMAO

Neck yourself.

I have the same idea, that's why i'm a bit skeptical. especially with the trailer of 2. the modernized choose life speech

Watch ewan and Christian bale in Velvet Goldmine, it's great

your underage is showing

I liked it a lot

whimper away, WEENIE

I Love You Phillip Morris

Great boobies

Shallow Grave

Shit, ewan couldnt save the movie

>Watch Trainspotting.
>There are no trains.
Talk about dishonest film making.

Not that bizarre considering it already has both a prequel and sequel in book form

Watched this last night, didn't care very much for it but the Trainspotting vibe is undeniable even if there is no drug use involved.

SHOUTING LAGER LAGER LAGER LAGER SHOUTING LAGER LAGER LAGER LAGER SHOUTING LAGER LAGER LAGER LAGER SHOUTING LAGER LAGER LAGER LAGER

Great movie

Ewan is shit
Watch
Quadrophenia

This movie alone is worth having Netflix for.

saw it three times in the cinema when it was released OP, great screenplay, director & cast. read the book also....it's fucking great!

What are some more movies with /fa/ characters like Sick Boy

You might enjoy Human Traffic. Although, it's less about drug abuse, and more about having a laugh on a night out

not him but literally just watched it and enjoyed it for that exact reason. anything else?

Seconding this, I think it's worth a watch. It's not much like Trainspotting though, apart from a few stylistic choices, and it's pretty weird.

Revelations concerning Scotland & shite.

>Dunno how people feel about it around here
It's a fine piece of trash.

Bump

Yeah, it just sounds like a stupid cash in.

Mate its got a prequel, a sequel and a spin off written in books. How can it bloody not?

I watched it just a few months ago for the first time too. I loved it but was kind of disappointed that it didn't really have a more impactful ending, but then I realized that the lack of any monumental conclusion was basically the point of the film. If you live a life like those guys do you can either go on doing the same thing or you die. Boyle just decided to cut off before the inevitable.

But then they made a fucking sequel.

I have a ticket to see T2 on Saturday with a Question and Answer after it with Danny Boyle in person. What shall I ask him? I haven't seen the first one so should probably watch it

>I have a ticket to see T2
>I haven't seen the first one

I'm going for the Q and A. I really like his films but hate depressing England/Scotland films so always avoided it. Same with this is England etc

Apparently it relies a lot on the first one so you better find a way to watch it.