I want to make my own alcohol. How do I do it? Is it commonly done in your country?

I want to make my own alcohol. How do I do it? Is it commonly done in your country?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sN-Zh6U_LQQ
abc.net.au/local/audio/2013/06/13/3781104.htm
foto.vg.no/galleri/10705
wsj.com/articles/SB10000872396390443995604578000421386428846
bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-33224514
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4047402/25-men-women-killed-drinking-bath-lotion-containing-alcohol-Russia-17-gravely-ill.html
youtube.com/watch?v=P94VmPjddQc
youtube.com/watch?v=_wMH_OSxONE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you need to professional or you will poison yourself with methanol

Let him poison himself user

Better make your own wine, beer, mead, etc. Or you'll go blind like a retard.

What do you mean? Some months ago my father made firewater and he is not a professional.

1. tkea a bukket
2. trhow sugra
3. p ut vatter ant waite fr it to b 32c
3. trow yyeast
5. but lid on puckret
8. make hle on lit
10. waut 10 dyas

No he won't

Alcohol boils at a temperature lower than water. 78 Celsius I believe
Make lower strength alcohol by mixing yeast, juice and water and let it ferment.
Put the 'wine' in a boiling pot with a metal pipe connected to it and a capture beaker on the end
Boil the wine to 78 degrees, to turn the pure ethanol into steam, no more because the water in it will also be turned into steam
The pipe needs to be ran through cold water or ice or something, because the steam needs to condense into a high content alcohol.
There you have it, a very basic overview

Enjoy blindness

Shut up! >:(

My great grandfather supposedly did it during Prohibition and once blew up a still in the basement, so my grandmother said.

Making your own beer is very easy and you can find help on the internet.

Making liquor is a bit more tricky but it is way more versatile as you can make a lot more different drinks.

Depends on what you prefer though I think you should rather begin with beer

Yeah, a lot of people make their own schnapps in the countryside. I don't know how destillation works, though, I was there a few times when my uncle destilled schnapps but I was pretty small so I didn't memorise it. You'd need some equipment like in your pic.

Just add alcohol to naturally fermented drinks (pictured is pineapple and cinamon) if you want something stronger than what you get from the process, we call that curados in my country. How expensive is potable ethanol in your country that's not an option?

Any fool can ferment fruit into a drink. I wouldn't try hard liquor though. Too dangerous.

We have a short film about how bad is this
youtube.com/watch?v=sN-Zh6U_LQQ

People do it here, but they become blind afterwards.

I thought methanol (wood alcohol) was the stuff that blinded you, not grain alcohol.

good luck with your painful death

in unprocessed alcohol there is a mix of methanol and ethanol

If the process goes wrong you end up dri king methanol without noticing any difference intill is too late for your melted retines.

You just need to throw away first liquid (cca 15mins after it starts dropping) and you're good

abc.net.au/local/audio/2013/06/13/3781104.htm

This will soon be OP.

foto.vg.no/galleri/10705

A local guy who didn't know how to moonshine.

Protip: Don't do it in your concrete basement.

Beer and wine are safe because fermentation does not produce methanol. It's only when you try distilling liquor that it happens.

wsj.com/articles/SB10000872396390443995604578000421386428846

Here's one from Czechia. Apparently it led to a ban on home distilling.

Brew beer, you can get kits and it turns out much cheaper if you drink often.
Chances are you'll kill yourself one way or other if you try to distil ethanol and make spirits.

Pretty comon in the countryside, half of Normandy is making their own cider

Top fucking kek.

bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-33224514

Tragically common occurrence here.

Brewing your own beer is pretty common where I live. The only people I knew who made their own liquor were from Louisiana and their "peach moonshine" tasted like super glue. Got you royally fucked up though.

You could try freeze destilling tho. Not extremely effective, but it helps.
>Ferment some berry juice or beer
>put it in freezer
>sift off the ice
>repeat

You'll get a much higher alcohol percentage, but it wil stagnate at some point. Also, for example in my country everything above 22% is considered strong liquor and is illegal to fabricate. (even tho the laws are quite vague in that direction of alcohol enhancement)

This basically

Blindness is a meme btw, it's a long term side effect

Cider isn't destilled tho. Safe for make at home.

lots of russians make their own alcoholic beverage (called samogon), i don't know that exact techniques but i think it isn't that difficult if even russian idiots can do that. it's only legal if you make it in limited quantities though

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4047402/25-men-women-killed-drinking-bath-lotion-containing-alcohol-Russia-17-gravely-ill.html

Then again...

Both my grandfathers distilled their own grappa. so did plenty of italian/greek immigrants from their time. So if you know any wogs that might be a good starting point.

yes, but it wasn't samogon, it was bath lotion. and people were drinking it for years without any bad things happened to them

OP doesn't sound as if he knows a whole lot about distilling. He's in for more than he bargained for.

>I want to make my own alcohol

your heart is in the right place

>How do I do it?

we usually take fruits with high sugar content and add additional sugar if below the formula, let it ferment, then boiling the stuff in a brass pot with serpentine to distil fruit brandy

>Is it commonly done in your country?

legally, you can boil up to 30 liters per year per family and pay half tax on it. Illegally everybody is doing it and it's more common this way.

Samogon is literally like our Rakija, and you can get ethanol poisoning from that

Making beer is easy

Go ask yugoslav immigrants. They will hook you up with everything and teach you how, but will take provision

>How do I do it?
What do you want to drink?
Heavy spirits? Soft drinks?
> Is it commonly done in your country?
Not much common, but is not rare. We do a lot of cachaça, and myself did bear a couple of times.

how does one do a bear?

This is the most unpleasant drink you can make.
Also, depending the concentration of sugar, you will need special yeast. Most of them die with 10% alcohol.

Family secret.

OP, start with some Kvas just to see if you can clean thing.

you should make her drunk

Nothing happens if you throw away the first batch of alcohol that still might have some methanol in it.

It's almost impossible to get dangerous concentrations of methanol as long as you don't destill it
but if you do you need to be a bit more careful

see pic for the most easiest shit. however it's advised to get a proper airlock
>Is it commonly done in your country?
my parents and grandparents did it quite frequently at some point

Replace the "traditional baking Yeast" for proper liquor yeast.
They are all the same family, but you will notice the difference.

Battle of Grunwald 1410.
1 kg of sugar
4 litres of water
10 dag of yeast.

wait for it to start smell like shit.
Get your small chemist set and distill the fuck out of it.
Discard the first glass of the distillate - it's called "ślepka" here (blindey) for obvious reasons.

>Sugar bomb

In Japan,it is illegal to make drink at home......

Why?
Brazilian japs distill the shit of things here in Freeland.

Because Liquor tax law.
Have Brazil this law???

Don't do it read in the news these guys did it and they died.

Yeah...there's a whole bunch of links in this thread about stupid people who drank homemade liquor.

Come home, yellow man.
youtube.com/watch?v=P94VmPjddQc
youtube.com/watch?v=_wMH_OSxONE

I don't drink alchol,because I don't feel it's tasty.

>Have Brazil this law???
Never asked, never cared.

No one drinks alcohol because they want to feel something. You drink because you don't want to feel.

Fucking kek!!!

Liquor laws are mostly a formality, they've never stopped a single person from getting wasted.

Those laws are the kind that only serves to punish someone when he does something really bad. It's not like dry law, or something.

Yes it's legal to do it for personal use, but you need to get a license if you want to sell your product (because it's ok to poison yourself but not ok to poison others).

Most of those who have the equipment and knowledge to make good booze sell it illegally though.

Most countries don't sell fucking drinkable ethanol.

why not

For booze brewing noobs who want to play really safe:
- make a lot at once
- have really slow heat and drip
- let the first litre of liquid go to waste
- collect the rest

just takes a bit longer.
you can distill 'the rest' 2 or 3 more times normally/faster for higher alcvol%.

I have been thinking of doing it too. Have a mate that does it. It's about ~$400+ for the stuff. Also the legal limit is 5L of alcohol per batch without a licence or whatever

They don't? Is pictured a Mexico only thing?

We have methylated spirits, but naturally that is unfit for drinking due to the methanol present.

That bottle is 96% ethanol + water, cheap as fuck

In many countries there is an absurdly high tax on alcohol. A litre of pure ethanol would cost about $30 because of that. For non-drinking purposes they poison it here, thus the tax doesn't apply and it costs $3-4 per litre suddenly.

are you talking about medical 98% ethanol from store, that ethanol is undrinkable in every country cuz if it was drinkable people wouldn t buy alcohol drinks,(they) put toxic chemicals in there so if you were drinking it you have some long term effects or die

rip

We do poison alcohol for other uses here as well, and if you were an alcoholic something like pictured is USD 50 cents, actually cheaper even buying the same quantity, but you know, they do sell the other kind for lots of uses aside from spiking homemade drinks.

Seems excessive to tax alcohol that high, wouldn't that lead to winos drinking methanol?

I legit didn't know it was expensive in other places.

No man, the bottle specifically says it's safe for drinking, you can get both kinds.

And what do you mean people wouldn't buy liquors, no one wants to drink that tasteless near pure alcohol shit even when it's heavily dilluted, you just use it for curados or eggnog and buy stuff like if you want to get drunk cheap.

Check out homedistiller.org, read the entire site, read the forums, take notes, re read site, make sure not contain no gaps, look at designs for stills, build your own still using only approved and verified materials, make your wash, taking detailed notes the whole time, make sure to follow directions exactly, don't fuck it up and poison yourself. Don't drink your first batch.

My whole setup (liquid management fractionating column, with electrically powered boiler, multiple fermenting containers, temperature controller for fermentation) cost about 600 USD, and a lot of time investment. If you have any questions I can answer them. It produces 95% ABV alcohol for watering down.

After that though you can get about 12 liters of 40 proof alcohol for about $10 of raw materials. You need a bobber to measure the specific gravity of your wash and a bobber for the alcohol by volume. These, the fermenting containers, and the air traps can be bought at a Homebrew store or on the internet. Everything else can be bought at a home Depot or your equivalent. You may need to go to a plumbing store to get some of the copper bits. Only tools I needed were a drill, torch for soldering, wrench, files, and rivet clamp.

The biggest health risk it's an alcohol vapor explosion

I think there's a homebrewing general in /diy/