Well Sup Forums?

well Sup Forums?

Attached: Metallica-Megadeth.jpg (450x200, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/15280151
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Metallica

Megadeth

Cliff era Metallica

Sodom

hmmm idk, user...it's so hard to choose!

Attached: C9qiIQcUMAAEvjd.jpg (900x1200, 118K)

everyone vote
strawpoll.me/15280151

Neither

Metallica is infinitely better than megadeth. All megadeth did was get really fast and then copy metallica's style. Its so stupid how some absolute morons out there can even step to say the MEGADUMB is nearly as awesome OR hardcore as METALLICA. METALLICA RULES!!! BEST BAND 5EVER FUCK MEGADETH!!!1!

Metallica until up until Lars murdered Cliff

Megadeth from that point onwards

fpbp megashit btfo

/thread

>All megadeth did was get really fast and then copy metallica's style.
Mustaine wrote most of the songs on metallica's first two albums. What the fuck are you even talking about?

shit the fuck off son you aint shit compared to me bitch metallica is the best so shut the fuck up

>mustaine wrote metallica's first two albums
yeah, and that's why they were shit compared to death magnetic, master of puppers, ect. mustaine was shit and he went on to form a shit band.

>yeah, and that's why they were shit compared to death magnetic

Attached: 0.jpg (480x360, 10K)

whatever grandpa, hetfield sounds way cooler now that he's old and modern studio production cleaned up their sound so much. just admit it, your time is over, megadeth isn't as good as metallica, and niether of them can even hope to touch someone like tosin abasi

>Metallica is infinitely better than megadeth.
*proves you wrong*

Attached: 71jiAsa-HOL._SL1050_.jpg (1050x1046, 182K)

lol the most GAY megashit album of all time
move over, a real album is coming through

Attached: st.anger_.jpg (300x225, 21K)

Attached: youknowwhatijustdontcareanymore.png (625x626, 40K)

Metallica, and it's not even close. Dave is such a complete douchbag that it's hard for me to listen to Megadeth without thinking of his faggot face

both

Now I know how old the users on this board are.

Bait shit thread. I like both.

>Dave is a complete douchebag
HA! James is the biggest tryhard faggot I've ever seen in my life! The dude has frosted fucking tips! Plus, it sounds like he's trying to take a shit every time he sings, because he actually sounds like a weak teenager, so he has to force his singing out as hard as possible. Total faggot, Dave would kick his ass.

name one (1) megadeth riff better than the main creeping death riff

Holy Wars

Megadeth obviously

wrong

even if you add up all the faggotry from the members of Metallica over the years it still doesn't come close Dave. he wishes he was half the singer James is

Wake up dead, set the world afire, the conjuring, mary jane's outro, liar, mechanix demo version, five magics (solo), second riff of rust in peace.
Metallica has best songwriting than megadeth by far but they ain't got shit with mustaine riffs

You megadeth fans are forgetting "One"
Seriously, that song stands up to legendary shit. What's megadeth's best song? lol

wrong
lol metallica is shit after ride the lightning

Refer to . Now, name one (1) Metallica solo better than the one in Tornado of Souls.

this

Either Holy Wars or Good Mourning/Black Friday.

this man is right

Meant for

>Now, name one (1) Metallica solo better than the one in Tornado of Souls.
none but riffs > solos

exactly. the reason everyone has heard enter sandman and one is because metallica is fucking awesome. the reason noone has heard holy wars is because megadeth is fucking shit.

Just because it was in Guitar Hero doesn't mean it's "legendary"

Wrong

wrong
you're just salty because megadeth never got a song on guitar hero

metallica is obviously better

by output, peak, talent, innovation, everything really

wrong

wrong.

Sabbaton

How about that No Life Til Leather demo?

yall anuses aint even got shit BAHA

wrong

They both suck.

All that soy is bad for you, user

Megadeth is better in every single way. It's no coincidence that Metallica's best output was written by Mustaine.

They. Are. Shit.

THEY ARE NOTHING BUT MAINSTREAM BULLCRAP.

i've had sex, so neither

must've been cuck sex with such a soy opinion as that

Jacking off to pictures of anime girls doesn't count as sex.

Metallica has an overall better discography. But, Megadeth's best albums are better than Metallica's best.

Megadeth albums were more frequent AND of a generally higher quality (besides Risk or Super Collider of course) than whatever Metallica would release at the time.
>RiP while Metallica would go soft and release the Black Album
>CtE and Youthanasia while Metallica did fuck-all
>Cryptic Writings while Metallica dropped two steaming Loads
>Megadeth absolutely rebounds from Risk and puts out TWNaH and TSHF, meanwhile St. Anger leaves everyone scratching their heads
>Death "Loudness War Casualty" Magnetic gets sandwiched between UA and Endgame
>Th1rt3en is mediocre but all that Metallica does is try to sell Death Magnetic's leftovers (Beyond Magnetic)
>Megadeth hits another low point with Super Collider, rebounds again with Dystopia, Metallica releases a few good tracks mixed with 6-8 minute long Load/Reload tier garbage the same year (Hardwired)
I say this as a fan of both bands: Metallica sucks by comparison to Megadeth

Attached: 1517898615156.jpg (480x616, 68K)

both are washed up shit. Metallica hasn't released anything good since black album. Megadeth hasn't released anything good since youthanasia.

Megadeth m8

Dave Mustaine has a really shit singing voice, so Metallica wins by miles.

Metallica also took on a variety of genres.

Both are good for different reasons. Megadeth is better when it comes to intensity and agression. Metallica is better when it comes to melody and atmosphere.

However Metallica wins simply because Megadeth is the stupidest fucking bandname of all time.

Mustaine's voice is an acquired taste, I wouldn't say it's "bad", but it is by no means amazing either. It simply does the job and suits the music perfectly.
Megadeth > Metallica for me

IIRC it was named after a description of a Russian nuclear bomb from an obscure news article

The chad metallica
>Released some of the best selling metal albums
>not afraid to flirt with mainstream, but still pays homage to underground metal/punk roots with cover albums and guests at gigs
>truly don't give a fuck about critics, even try nu metal at some point
>give their fans what they want live and still play new songs.

The virgin megadeth
>lives in the past, still trying to get credit for songs written 30 years ago
>makes irrelevant albums that are only covered by online metal mags anyway
>tries to go "muh technical way" and fails
>fans are mostly cunts, they think they are funny when stuttering old shitty memes about mustaine

only good album they ever done desu

Metallica's only album I can listen to start to finish without skipping a song is kill em all.
that being said Megadeth post endgame has been trash

Both are pretty unbearably bland, but Megadeath is way more tolerable in its qualities. Metallica is just boring, boring, boring, overrated, boring shit.

Between the two, I go back to Metallica the most. Hardwired was a good return after DM. Dipped on some songs, but overall, easy on the ears and some good songs. If this was their last I would be fine with it. So, Metallica.

Attached: 600x600bf.jpg (600x600, 56K)

Both

I personally like Megadeth's classics better but Metallica has the better catalog/body of work.

Peace sells

kill em all is the worst of the classics

Slayer

Pleb

>the worst of the classics
That would be Master of Puppets my man.

This is spot on.

Megadeth never had it. Sure a few albums..not bad..a handful of songs good..a couple of great songs but they never reallllly had it.
Metallica had it. All of it for a while.They they got comfortable, lazy and sloppy. They don't have now but neither does Megadeth.
Once Metallica lost Cliff it was the start of their downfall. And Justice For All carried them farther towards holding it but they couldn't maintain.
As controversial as The Black Album was, it was the last real album of any note. Everything that has followed, has been flawed. Hammett is a showboat but unremarkable lead guitarist. Trujillo is shit. Ulrich was never really a good drummer. Hetfield has lost a lot of what held the band together.
But keep in mind that Mustaine never had it.

Truth

Truth

I'd rather listen to the 'tallica
Dave's vocals are a not

You can get used to the vocals which fit the style of 'fast and angry', and besides, you cant't get used to the shit drums of metallica.
And Mart Friedman, come on , Megadeth is far better. Metallica has some catchy tunes but musically not on megadave's lvl

Megadeth easily

Are you trolling? Metallica's first two albums were their best albums. They went to shit without Dave

Lucretia

I grew up listening to Metallica so they will always trump other metal bands.

Megadeth has a good sound but not anywhere close to the energy that comes from Metallica songs.

>Megadeth has a good sound but not anywhere close to the energy that comes from Metallica songs
Because Metallica is a glorified punk band and all their fast songs have shouting vocals delivered in a fast pace. Megadeth have always been more technical and Dave's vocals more melodic.

I mean that's my point. I appreciate Megadeth's sound but it doesn't get me as hyped the same way Metallica does.
I'm not gonna put on a Megadeth album on while i'm at the gym when i can play "Insert anything that isn't 90s/Early 00s Metallica."

Fair enough. I can lift as good to Megadeth as I can do to Metallica but each to his own.

Megadeth. Name one (1) Metallica song as good as Holy Wars. You can't, m8.

Hangar 18 was on gh2. Also hangar 18>one in everything except vocals

I actually prefer Megadeth but let's not pretend that Battery isn't the GOAT thrash song.

Anybody that actually believes Metallica>megadeth is a genre tourist. Megadeth is lightyears better in almost every regard. In terms of riffs megadeth has far more riffs per song and the riffs are overall more memorable and unique. It’s no coincidence metallica’s Best riffs were all on KEA and RTL because Dave wrote them. In terms of solos if you ACTUALLY believe Kirk is better than ANY of the lead guitarists in megadeth you’re an earlet. Kirk has managed to write one memorable solo, where as Friedman, loureiro, Poland, and mustaine have written multiple memorable solos per song. Every megadeth drummer shits on Lars obviously, in terms of creating the drum lines and executing them. Ellefson is an underrated bassist and while cliff is good, ellefson overall has written more unique bass lines than cliff. When cliff wasn’t doing his bass solo he was kinda boring in most songs. In terms of song structure megadeth fucks Metallica once again. Metallica is stuck to mainly verse chorus verse chorus shitty solo chorus structure. Don’t believe me? Listen to master of puppets, Metallica can’t write a song for shit without relying on a hook. They also can’t end a song. Megadeth’s songs are way more unpredictable and therefore more rewarding upon repeat listens. Metallica has better vocals. Overall, megadeth objecrively has better musicians and is the more talented metal band.

Killing Is My Business, Peace Sells, and So Far So Good are all better, and none of those albums are better than Kill Em All.

I bet you love Venom. Typically tonedeaf.

>WE ARE THE WRECKING CREW

Attached: 1377.jpg (600x600, 49K)

Venom is better than Megadeth and Metallica. Please don't try to say that it takes some sort of musical knowledge to understand metal music you troglodyte. Rust In Peace is fedora Dragonforce-tier fat virgin metal.

Both have their own distinctive sound and qualities.

agree 100%
the only Metallica album I listen to is KEA and I don't particularly like Rust in Peace but love earlier Megadeth