You are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy

>You are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.
>As long as the sun, and the moon, and the earth exist, everything will be alright.

Childhood is idolizing Shinji. Adulthood is realizing Seele was right all along.

Are you going to spam this thread everyday now, star wars 7 tourist?

third impact when, though?

this is from ruroni kenshin right? awesome show

It was a nice thread yesterday OP. You don't have to keep making them.

how does it hold up? i loved it as a kid but haven't ever gone back to it

>this is a 10/10 for weeabos

Reminder that Asuka was the most humane and sanest person in the show

>Wanted to be friends with everyone
>Invited Rei to parties despite Rei being autistic
>Only craved for male companion throughout the show
>Wanted Shinji to man up by questioning his sexuality.

Misato is, she literally fucks her way out of her personal stuff.

Thanks for the reminder :)

She also quit booze after Kaji died.

They found a giant anomaly in the South Pole. Soon

She loved Shinji.

She did at one point.

After Asuka kissed Shinji and Shinji didn't hold her, Asuka hated him with passion. She felt betrayed.

I never seen Star wars

desire and resentment aren't mutually exclusive

The whole show would have been completely different if Shinji fucked Asuka when she was "sleepwalking". They probably would have ended like Misato and Kaji: fucking a week in a row and skipping school.

daily reminder that 15 is the best episode

>not 4

Normie, out.

I preferred both 14 and 16

Has anyone ever edited NGE to a chronological order? There are flashbacks that can be edited to be in the beginning.

>Fuyutski story (21)
>2nd Impact (12)
>Misato's survival (12)
>Creation of Gehirn Organization (21)
>Failed Expirement in Germany (22)
>Asuka's mom hangs herself (24)
>Creation of NERV (21)
>Rei's failed synch with EVA 00 (5)
>Episode 1

you missed all the rei 1 stuff too
but more importantly why

Just an example.

I'm just saying that there are lots of flashbacks (mostly from episode 21) that you can make it a Prologue to the series.

It would be an interesting to watch different way.

The fuck was her problem?

Actually she was mad about Kaji and projected it on to Shinji.

>the dub doesn't translate the Japanese text on screen

Your fault for being stupid enough to watch dubs

Why wouldn't I watch dubs? As long as the translation is as direct as possible I should in theory lose nothing but the Japanese voices.

Plus, it's obviously meant to be watched in the viewers native language.

because the translation is usually worse because of the constraints of fitting voiced lines instead of written ones and the acting is amateur hour

But the Eva dub is more or less a direct translation. Nothing is lost not watching the subs.

I'd agree with something like Panty and Stocking where the script is changed almost completely, but Eva makes no difference

>watch NGE and movies with gf
>have a breakdown over thinking shes looking at other guys
>finally talk about my low self esteem
>"How can you expect to love anyone else if you don't love yourself?"
>cry
>get dump't a month later

I hate Evangelion

i haven't seen the eva dub so i threw the usually in as a qualifier

if you know enough japanese to determine the faithfulness of the translation why are you watching a dub

user-kun you're such a fucking faggot holy shit

Upon further investigation I've come to notice the Moon is partially responsible for seasons. So if it goes they're a bit less defined. So what?

I don't know Japanese, I'm just comparing the dub to the sub because I have seen both.

oh im retarded

desu with eva i'd still say the original cast is worth it

Are you seriously implying that the only benefit of the moon is its effect on the seasons? If so, go educate yourself some more before opening your mouth.

>We are the hope that people will one day understand each other
>And we are the words, "I love you".

What should I watch now that I finished Eva? I need something similar

Anno's live action films

Utena

Rebuilds, there is nothing really similar to eva.

already was, year ago. we're all shitposting while in tang

Madoka Magica is more or less the spiritual successor to Eva

>tides
>seasons
>24 hour days

Nothing life threatening really. The only concern would be how it affects the Earth's orbit, and even then...

I've heard about this. Should I watch it?

If you liked Eva than absolutely yes. It's only 4 hours total (12 or so episodes). I'd recommend doing the whole thing in one go for the best experience.

It hits every note that you would expect something so heavily inspired by Eva to hit. Lots of suffering and bait and switches.

I guess I'll go get started on it now.

Give it 3 or 4 episodes before you make a final decision on if you like it. Unlike Evangelion which has a similar tone throughout the show, the first few episodes of Madoka are a complete 180 from what the show turns into.

I think Madoka is much more palatable for the average viewer considering it doesn't have the convoluted Christian symbolism being shoved in your face. Shit don't even make sense.

What was their endgame?

Why is instrumentality better?

You aren't alone.

As soon as I saw the Lance of Longinus I knew shit was getting real. I enjoyed every minute of it thereafter, but 19 is still the best episode.

No suffering, but also no joy

I can see quite a few people wanting that reality

well trump is president now so only a matter of time

other people can't hurt you when you're hiding in the nonexistence of a cosmic womb

Yeah, the whole "We have to use this weapon that could potentially trigger the Third Impact" exchange is one of the best shit getting real moments ever.

If you're still here, user.

Watch Five Easy Pieces (with Nicholson) and read Suttree (Cormac McCarthy). I have the same problem. The movie and book are about characters who do too. Among my favorite. I'm sure you'll enjoy.

This user still here?

Recently rewatched it. Its an enjoyable samurai show with some great moments, but it goes full retard in filler episodes.
The ovas are pure kino tho andon another whole level compared to the anime

I really like 21

It's shite.
I got bored before the last couple of episodes and it's not even half as long as Eva

That's like watching only up to Episode 23 of Eva and saying its boring

Sounds like my room

I have watched over 600 animus and I can say that there really is nothing that is very similiar to evangelion. there IS rahxephon which is pretty much a ripoff but its just inferior in every way. there are a lot of shows that share themes with evangelion, but they never share all of them.

I couldn't stand madoka because it's just muv luv alternative.

if someone wasn't engaged at all by 90% of the series, the last 3 wouldn't turn it around

the madoka ending is fucking garbage

homura never acts like an actual human being would for the entire series. I am glad they released Rebellion where she finally hits her breaking point.

She acts realistically based on her situation and experiences. Rebellion is when she acts out of character

>GOD TIER
Episode 22: pic related

>High Tier

>Midtier

>Low tier

>SHIT tier

neat, i'll check them out. are they standalone tp some extent or should i refresh on the series too

I'm still here.

Friendly reminder that to reject instrumentality is to become pleb incarnate.

They are prequels so you can watch them without watching the anime.

TELL ME ABOUT KEEL, WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK?

reminder that retake manga is real ending

The one where Asuka and Shinji are in high school?

That's gay as fuck.

The instrumentality plan I just filed with SEELE lists me, my men, Dr.Akagi here, but only one clone of Rei

DR AKAGI, I'M WILLE

what? fuck no. the one that takes place right after end of evangelion. read it. it is amazing.

noone would loop that often for a girl

She had literally no choice, remember? They spell it right out. If she gives up with the loops, the world will end.

Its been like 7 years since I read it, but aren't some of the highlights rei hanging herself and gendo blowing up a pregnant teenage asuka?

Daily reminder, if you were in Gendo's shoes, you would do the same thing.

Also, remind me again what happened with first/second impact.

>the last episode is the worst
That's not a good sign.

What episode you on nigga

just a pleb opinion

Holy fuck kill yourselves autistic weebshits

21 minutes into the second episode.

Why can't I like both?

>intelligent anime

oxymoron

>Daily reminder, if you were in Gendo's shoes, you would do the same thing.

I know. I'd do anything for the woman I love.

uh, you don't get to have friends

It's really a shit dub. They may have done alright on the script, but pretty much all the emotional weight is gone from the majority of the key moments in the show. In fact everything and everyone is just...off. This goes for all dubs, though. Even when the studio doing the dubbing does a good job, it's still just not right.

I mean, if you can read at a 5th grade level, the dub is pointless anyway. I cannot fathom people who say they have trouble with subs, it's totally effortless. I remember being about 11 or 12 and discovering the option to change the language on some anime I had on DVD, some Gundam or something, and just thinking "huh, this fits the show much better". Even at that age, the subs did nothing to impair my watching ability.

So at that point, dubs just didn't matter. They ceased to exist in my mind.

SEELE are a bunch of egotists who are afraid of death.

You're a lonely guy.

I watched the dub my first time and I didn't loose any emotional impact from it. Some of the side characters VAs are laughably bad in the first few episodes but it finds its footing